Author Topic: Luke McGuane [merged]  (Read 44160 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: McG
« Reply #255 on: July 08, 2012, 10:01:31 AM »
Did all you could expect.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #256 on: July 08, 2012, 12:03:55 PM »
He's definitely be in the side next week. While he plays a role and kicks a couple of goals a week he'll keep his spot. We don't have much other choice either :-\. Thankfully it's Gold Coast next week. The only thing with Luke playing is he can't ruck so we either have to have big Ivan rucking all day alone or we bring in an inferior 2nd ruck  :-\.

Derickx in the side helped that yesterday. Maybe we need to bite the bullet and play Angus as a second ruck resting the forward line and Maric can help in defence when Graham goes on ball.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #257 on: July 08, 2012, 12:34:56 PM »
Was at the game and thought McG actually looked quite at home in the forward line, definitely x1000 better than Miller. I was right behind the goals and though YES he's going to kick this !!! Then handpassed to Reiwoldt under pressure  :banghead
Other than that, pretty good game !

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Roar Focus: Luke McGuane (RFC)
« Reply #258 on: July 11, 2012, 07:39:15 PM »

gerkin greg

Re: Luke McGuane [merged]
« Reply #259 on: July 12, 2012, 11:38:23 AM »
jackstar you were right, i apologise to both you and McG  :bow

the broadbeach carey is here to stay

the claw

« Reply #260 on: July 12, 2012, 12:09:14 PM »
needs to go come seasons end.

lets face it this is the last role of the dice for him playing forward. we need to fit in a ruck forward and any one of griffiths astbury elton in the near future.. theres just no long term place for him.
hes been a glass half full all of his career and remains exactly that. will say though id keep him over miller if it came down to it yet miller is only taking up a rookie spot.
white webberley mcguane macdonald and connors are the worst 5 on the list proper its likely (hopeful) we will cut more than 5 plus our fair share of rookies. miller heslin maric verrier.

its typical a reasonable game here and there and all is forgotten and over looked. there are some damn good reasons why hes in this predicament and struggled to get a game and they dont just magically fix themselves.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #261 on: July 12, 2012, 12:16:00 PM »

lets face it this is the last role of the dice for him playing forward. we need to fit in a ruck forward and any one of griffiths astbury elton in the near future.. theres just no long term place for him.
hes been a glass half full all of his career and remains exactly that. will say though id keep him over miller if it came down to it yet miller is only taking up a rookie spot.
white webberley mcguane macdonald and connors are the worst 5 on the list proper its likely (hopeful) we will cut more than 5 plus our fair share of rookies. miller heslin maric verrier.

its typical a reasonable game here and there and all is forgotten and over looked. there are some damn good reasons why hes in this predicament and struggled to get a game and they dont just magically fix themselves.

this is on the money.

lets give it a couple of more games
till he is driven out of tigertown. :thumbsup

gerkin greg

« Reply #262 on: July 12, 2012, 12:19:18 PM »
nooooooooo say it aint so boys

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #263 on: July 12, 2012, 12:21:27 PM »

lets face it this is the last role of the dice for him playing forward.

Last roll of the dice?

The dice have already been rolled and Luke got snake eyes. His first kick on the weekend from 30m out that he missed sealed the deal.

There is no chance he will be at the club next season.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

dwaino

« Reply #264 on: July 12, 2012, 12:43:11 PM »
So much disrespect for a favourite son.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #265 on: July 12, 2012, 04:21:54 PM »

Why cut verrier from the rookies as opposed to Wright and Darou?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

gerkin greg

« Reply #266 on: July 12, 2012, 04:32:24 PM »
Verrier wont be cut. Good size, flexible mid option and improving. Just the type we need. Will be given another year for sure.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #267 on: July 12, 2012, 05:24:28 PM »
jackstar you were right, i apologise to both you and McG  :bow

the broadbeach carey is here to stay

Surely an octo-bag of sausage rolls is not far away for the G-Banger, no?

the claw

« Reply #268 on: July 12, 2012, 07:41:24 PM »

Why cut verrier from the rookies as opposed to Wright and Darou?
quite simply, having seen a bit of him  i dont rate him. must admit havent seen him this yr so its a carry over thing from last yr. from what i gathered he has struggled abit at times this yr as well. size and footskills are two things that have concerned me. very skinny and every time i have seen him play hes absolutely butchered the ball.

darrou i have a bit of time for but he may take time to develop. piva is another big strapping kid with heaps to learn.
 look at the end of the day if all three are retained great. i was only giving an example of the sort of list changes id like to see.  i chose verrier because of what ive seen of him.
 6 from the list proper and three rookies instead of 4 is there abouts.

i do think we should use 5 nd picks and our psd pick. i also think we should use 3 or 4 rookie picks. to accomodate this some one has to go but this is the main point not who may or maynot get the arse.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #269 on: July 12, 2012, 07:49:47 PM »
fair enough
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI