Author Topic: Coburg team vs North Ballarat  (Read 4474 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Coburg team vs North Ballarat
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2007, 05:37:30 PM »
Top win  :clapping. Showed the senior boys a lesson about not giving up  :thumbsup

I could see King coming in for Rainesy, Paddy in for Howat, Edwards in for Tuck  and Jack in for Patto if we make a few changes this week.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Re: Riewoldt, Paddy 5 goals each
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2007, 07:57:37 PM »

WP will give details later  :cheers
Looking forward to them.  :)

Good to see Tommy Roach get in the best for North Ballarat.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Moi

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2007, 08:12:05 PM »
I could see King coming in for Rainesy
I would be very disappointed to see that after him only playing a couple of bad games and others can spend their whole careers doing bugger all  :banghead

Bulluss

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2007, 08:23:10 PM »
Surely Raines has done enough to hold his spot for a few more matches.

He atleast has ability.

Try him in the middle or on a wing.

Moi

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2007, 08:42:06 PM »

He atleast has ability.

Yep, get him into the action

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2007, 08:55:20 PM »

He atleast has ability.

Yep, get him into the action

Agree Bully Rainesy has the ability but he is out of form and in danger of being dropped after just 6 kicks in the past 2 games.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2007, 10:09:16 PM »
Top win  :clapping. Showed the senior boys a lesson about not giving up  :thumbsup

I could see King coming in for Rainesy, Paddy in for Howat, Edwards in for Tuck  and Jack in for Patto if we make a few changes this week.   

And what did these guys do first round. And it was only Nth Ballarat FFS.

I can understand where you are coming from MT as some of the things I think and type are knee jerk reactions to the way we are continually going at Richmond.

Rainsey is struggling BIG TIME ... Howat has been dissapointing with the potential he showed to get on the list, I would stick fat with Tuck for the moment and Patto is going to be in and out over the next few years I would reckon.

In a nutshell I could handle 1 or 2 but not all 4 at once.

Some of these guys just need a taste and who knows, look at the debutants against us over the last few years Le Cras ..The swans bloke dont remember his name the skunks last week. Not to mention someone like Dale Thomas.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2007, 10:30:05 PM »
Arghhhhhhhh what a wonderful day :thumbsup

I haven't read the other thread started by Ox about "Playing as a team" but can I say today the Burgers played like a team - sensational. There was lesson there for sure. Must say it was a really good game to watch, run and carry, long kicks, man on man none of this chip chip zip zip stuff  :woohoo more of it I say

I didn't see any of the reserves because I was at lunch :thumbsup

But I can tell you young Andrew Collins didn't play in the Coburg reserves but should be OK next week just a bit of general soreness - stick of a kid soo I am not surprised ;D

onto the senior Burgers and the RFC blokes :clapping

Reiwoldt - very impressive game by young Jack. Needs to work on his pace but his attack ont he contest was great. Uses his body in marking contests really well. I reckon you'll find he will be up and down but showed some really good signs today - I was impressed  :thumbsup Bloody vocal in the huddles too :clapping

Edwards - flashed in and flashed out. Spent most of the last quarter on the bench. Not as good as last week but OK

King - another good effort by Jake. Great run out of the backline and good disposal. As is the norm with Jake attack on the footy fierce - copped a few hits (all legal) fro his efforts. Looked bloody sore after the game

Jackson - another good game by Jacko - gave great run off the HBF. The last 2 weeks has palyed really negating roles - maybe that's his go

JON - I liked JON's game today. really stood up in the clinches in the last when Nth Ballarat were surging forward. Took a couple of really telling marks - one across HB inthe 3rd and one on the last line of defence in the 4th

Hartigan - started slowly but his second half was really good. Gave the burgers a fast target across the HF line. His defensive efforts in keeping the ball in our attacking 50 were good which was pleasing. Seems to be getting his confidence back

Hughes - first half was really disppointing. Perhaps he got a rocket at half time because his efforts in the 2nd half were alot better (especially the last qtr) but I think he needs to work a lot harder

White - good solid game by Matty. Rotated through the mid-field and across HB and gave great drive. Tackling was very good

Casserly - improved as the game went on but I think may have run out of a bit steam in the last because he got out bodied a couple of times which could have been costly. But struth his disposal by foot is sensational - I'd have him in the seniors just have him kick 50 metres and see him hit a target

Gus Graham - 20-23 minutes in the last qtr North Ballarat are surging out of the HB line - a small has the ball and running, Gus is chasing. Gus caught him laid the perfect tackle - holding the ball - this results in the goal that put Coburg about 10 points ahead and probably broke the spirit of Nth Ballarat. This was without doubt play of the day. Sen-bloody-sational great effort by Gus. he is improving but still as a long way to go - that tackle by the way made up for his poor disposal during the day  ;D

Paddy Bowden - voted BOG by the coaches. Was very very good and more importantly he did what he should have done. Went back and stood out, his leadership and direction on the forward line was great certainly impacted on straightening the Burgers up

:clapping

As I said bloody good day

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2007, 10:35:15 PM »

I can understand where you are coming from MT as some of the things I think and type are knee jerk reactions to the way we are continually going at Richmond.

Rainsey is struggling BIG TIME ... Howat has been dissapointing with the potential he showed to get on the list, I would stick fat with Tuck for the moment and Patto is going to be in and out over the next few years I would reckon.

In a nutshell I could handle 1 or 2 but not all 4 at once.

Some of these guys just need a taste and who knows, look at the debutants against us over the last few years Le Cras ..The swans bloke dont remember his name the skunks last week. Not to mention someone like Dale Thomas.

Paddy was dropped last week despite having the most kicks for us against the Swans and I'm guessing today he's done his penance for lacking hardness. Edwards and King were in the best players last week for Coburg and have backed it up again. Those 3 are a realistic chance IMO. Including Jack is probably wishful thinking after one good game. Chucked him in because of his positive attitude and self-belief. Something the senior side lacks.

We've entrusted our faith in the same senior side for the first 3 weeks (bar Simmo in for Paddy) and they've produced the same don't know how to win result in all three matches. A message needs to be sent to those that under perform especially when youngsters are putting their hand up at Coburg. I would say Petts is another who will be a very lucky boy to keep his spot as well after a disinterested "effort". We have too many players who lack above the shoulders what we need and enough is enough.  

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2007, 10:40:11 PM »
Thanks, WP.
Don't know how you put together such a detailed report while watching through the steam from hot chips.  :thumbsup
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2007, 10:43:37 PM »

Nth Ballarat is supposedly one of the teams to watch this season. Signed a few players

Personally I wouldn't be playing Jack just yet.

But it was clear to me that all the RFC boys that played knew they are chance this week and they played accordingly - bloody desperate to impress while playing team orientated footy to help their team this week win.

I would think that Jake King deserves his chance and I'd love to see him a bloke like Johnson because he would relish the challenge.

I would think Paddy maybe a chance and Edwards too - although a lesser chance

Thanks, WP.
Don't know how you put together such a detailed report while watching through the steam from hot chips.  :thumbsup

No hot chips this week Fish - a lovely chicken and steamed rice number for lunch with plum pudding for dessert  ;D

I work much better on a full stomach :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2007, 10:47:05 PM »
Great report WP  :clapping  :cheers  :thumbsup.

Good to hear so many RFC players did well. I know from watching the intra-club games that when Jack is up and about he forces you to watch him. Good to read also that Cass played well. Let's hope now they have a taste for winning they can keep this going for the rest of the year.

Do you know WP why Edwards spent the last quarter on the bench.... injury?  :-\

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2007, 10:49:57 PM »
yeah it really is hard mate - I change my mind continually from 1 second to the next.
How many chances do you give ?

Having a look and seeing Jack and Paddy kicking 5, wouldn't it be nice to slot them in the forward half with Richo and Schulz and then chuck in Edwards and King to alternate with Krack Bling Hydey buzzing around their feet.

I 'think' I am sure that we are getting around the right type of mix and with no injuries and some MENTAL confidence we can really improve as a team.

Sure there are few changes still to go but there is at every club every year ..

My previous slag at Sugar was out of frustration at not seeing the leader appear to have CONFIDENCE in his decision making at times.

Richmond cost me 8 tips this week and I picked Nth Ballarat in my VFL tips - so as a typical tiger supporter I am on a hiding to nothing again this year - which makes me not a happy camper sometimes - apologies  :P

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2007, 10:52:12 PM »

Do you know WP why Edwards spent the last quarter on the bench.... injury?  :-\

Don't know to be honest - ran out of puff perhaps? Certainly looked happy and relaxed after the game - no sign of injury

I think he was on Tommy Roach in the 3rd and was quieter than the first half. Having said that I didn't notice tommy Roach was actually playing until the last quarter  :-\ ;D - he played across the HB line

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Bowden inspires Tigers to a late comeback win (The Age)
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2007, 04:12:54 AM »
Bowden inspires Tigers to a late comeback win
Sean Cusick | April 16, 2007
The Age

COBURG has bounced back from a round-one thrashing to record a gutsy three-goal win over North Ballarat. The Tigers trailed by 35 points halfway through the first quarter, before a Patrick Bowden-led revival whittled away the deficit.

The dropped Richmond utility booted five goals in a classy performance, as Coburg took the lead for the first time in the match at the 14-minute mark of the third quarter. The lead changed several times in a thrilling last quarter, but with young gun Jack Riewoldt also booting five majors, the Tigers had too many scoring chances.

Riewoldt's performance took on special significance after he injured his ankle last week at the same ground. But yesterday, after getting the all clear from club medical staff, he appeared unhampered and led strongly.

It was Bowden who ignited the Tigers after quarter-time. He marked strongly overhead and casually kicked goals from acute angles. Bowden cramped late in the game and was not asked to return to the field in the last quarter as the Tigers kicked away.

Coburg coach Andy Collins was all smiles after the match, paying tribute to his team's spirit in rebounding from a 61-point drubbing last week.

"After the first quarter allowing eight goals, and then to restrict them for the rest of the game to six, it's a great effort," Collins said.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/bowden-inspires-tigers/2007/04/15/1176575679803.html