Author Topic: Danny to talk to Otto about his future  (Read 1930 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Danny to talk to Otto about his future
« on: July 18, 2004, 01:57:06 AM »
Frawley: Lyon an option
18 July 2004   
Sunday Herald Sun
Jon Ralph and Scot Palmer

RICHMOND coach Danny Frawley believes the Tigers' administration should cast the net wide to find their next leader and didn't necessarily need an experienced coach.

Tigers president Clinton Casey recently said the club was likely to appoint a seasoned coach, but Frawley yesterday said the likes of Garry Lyon and AFL assistant coaches should also be in the picture.

"Obviously (Terry) Wallace and (Rodney) Eade are very good coaches and they will get a coaching gig, and if it's not this year it will be in the near future," he said on Triple M.

"I was lucky enough to get an opportunity, and there's a lot of good coaches out there that need an opportunity, whether they have been coaches or are in the system as an AFL assistant coach, and also there's a few good guys in the media.

"I look forward to seeing Garry Lyon out there. I look forward to seeing his hair turn grey."

He joked that former players turned media stars such as Lyon should "put your balls on the line" and risk their reputations on a senior coaching role.

Frawley said he would sit down with ruckman Brad Ottens to discuss his ongoing future at the club.

Ottens, out of contract this year, will wait until season's end to consider offers from other clubs, including those from hometown South Australia.

Frawley said that while Ottens' year had been better than some critics thought, he had a big decision ahead.

"I get on really well with Brad," he said. "We have come through together and we expected bigger things from the team and individual, and I would be keen to sit down and see what he wants to get out of the rest of the year, and more importantly the future and see what lies within."

He said that the next Richmond coach needed time to develop a side, an opportunity he was not always afforded.

"I see our club of the next three years being really patient and that's something that hasn't really happened in my time," he said.

He again raised the prospect of a return to coaching at some stage.

"I know I am going to come out of it a better person and a better coach," he said.

Captain Wayne Campbell has revealed he has been kept in the loop with all the Tigers' latest moves.

Campbell, who has seen six coaches, four chief executives and three Presidents at Punt Rd in the past decade, disclosed he has regular discussions with football director Greg Miller on what changes were being made to the club.

"Unfortunately I've been through a few too many during my career but we've put all our faith in Greg Miller to hopefully get things right," he said.

Former Bulldog coach Terry Wallace denied rumours this week he had lunch at the Flower Drum restaurant with Richmond officials.

President Clinton Casey said yesterday that any one approached had been promised absolute confidentiality and were assured they would not read their names next day in the newspaper.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,10169117%255E19771,00.html
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

Re: Danny to talk to Otto about his future
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 02:04:42 AM »
"I see our club of the next three years being really patient and that's something that hasn't really happened in my time," he said.

Had 5 years and pulled in such big names as Hudson,Sziller,King....etc

How much more patience did he expect in reality ?

The fact he said he expected to be at the club for ten years at his press conference the other day
is proof he has no idea.

Why would he talk to Otto ?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 02:45:12 AM »
I don't understand either why Danny needs to sit down and talk with Otto about his ongoing plans with the Club. That should be Miller's job as Danny will no longer be at the Club in 6 weeks time. Danny's job now is one of caretaker coach and to give our young blokes game time in preparation for next year.

As for giving the new coach time. This time I hope and pray the Club doesn't put in a similar stupid clause in a 3-year contract as was in Danny's stating if we miss the finals in both the first two years you're out. Danny sealed his own fate by putting too much faith in senior players that continually failed him and the team plus as Ox mentioned by recruiting duds. However the admin of the Club as well has to carry as much responsibility for believing we were significantly better than we actually were after 2001 by including a clause in the senior coach's contract which only encouraged short-term and short-sighted decisions in regards to the footy team. Nice job Casey, Schwab, etc and Mark Brayshaw on that one!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2004, 02:57:15 AM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2004, 04:21:15 AM »
Danny talk to Nottens about his future?

thats Hilarious!!! LOL

"Yeah nah Were both losers Brad, thats glaringly obvious, but we have to stick fat and look to life after football".
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2004, 09:47:22 PM »
ROFLMFAOOOoooo PRR

Ox

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2004, 01:16:43 AM »
LMAOO Punt. ;D

Speaking to a Colonwood supporter this evening who remarked to me
how sad it was that Danny had totally brought the club to its knees.
Ha,I said.

Still laffin at the fact he's "been proving people wrong my whole life"
......................only the ones who believe in you Danny.

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2004, 11:08:48 AM »

This is why the idiot should walk now from our club.....Dead set 5 years of crap and he turns around and says this poo....That really really annoys me. Maybe we should blame the players again? The same players that you have groomed into your list...YOUR PLAYERS!
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne