Author Topic: Edwards and King to debut on Friday night  (Read 4696 times)

Ramps

Re: Edwards and King to debut on Friday night
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2007, 11:53:33 PM »
Edwards will make it, King is a squad player at best somewhere between your 30th and 35th best player

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2007, 02:34:22 AM »
Both boys played fairly well for debutants with Shane showing off his class and footy brains. Something badly needed at Richmond.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2007, 08:42:22 AM »
How long will it take to corrupt him?

He will be kicking sideways before the years out and stuffing around with the ball!!!!

letsgetiton!

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2007, 09:36:55 AM »
Edwards will make it, King is a squad player at best somewhere between your 30th and 35th best player

i agree! king maybe be serviceable but edwards, showed he has it

take note  tiv, tuck, sugar

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2007, 10:03:22 AM »
Here we go again.  Back to the Tiv bashing.  Like Krak was BOG ::) ::)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Edwards gets a taste of the big time
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2007, 12:30:12 PM »
Edwards gets a taste of the big time
richmondfc.com.au
By Jennifer Witham
April 23, 2007

EVEN a 32-point loss couldn't dampen the excitement youngster Shane Edwards felt on Friday night after playing his first senior game.

While conceding it was disappointing not to be involved in a win on debut, Edwards said the buzz of running out at the MCG was second-to-none.

"It was really exciting. It was nothing like I'd expected," he said after the match.

"It was a lot louder and it was just really good. I was pretty anxious and I just wanted to get out there and run around as much as I could.

"You can't even stand still out there. It's a really good feeling."

While crowd figure was a fairly modest 36,821, Edwards said he could have been tricked into believing the ground was at full capacity by the roar that went up when the Tigers fought back early in the fourth quarter.

"It felt like there were 100,000 people there. It was really loud," he said.

"We couldn't hear each other call for [the ball]. It was a great feeling, especially when it was our supporters."

He also said the pace of senior footy was a step up from what he's used to.

"In the first warm-up, I was pretty nervous, but the coach just told me to have a look around and get used to the environment before the game started," he said.

"I'd been told it is really quick and it definitely was. I just tried to blend in and keep up with my opponent as much as I could."

Edwards had plenty of support from his family and friends who made the trip over from North Adelaide to see him play alongside fellow debutant Jake King.

"I had my mum, my dad, my brother, my girlfriend and four of my mates from back home in the crowd," he said,

Edwards is confident the worst of his homesickness is behind him. The fact the club placed him with a host family is helping him adjust to life away from home.

"I was missing home at the start, but I'm starting to get the hang of Melbourne now," he said.

"I'm still missing my friends a lot and I miss Adelaide at times. I'm living with a host family in Avondale Heights and they treat me really well.

"I'm not by myself and the club has really looked after me, like they look after all the new guys. We don't have to do anything for ourselves."

http://richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=41789

letsgetiton!

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2007, 01:37:05 PM »
Here we go again.  Back to the Tiv bashing.  Like Krak was BOG ::) ::)

did u watch the game julz

krak was no where near bog, far from , but he was better than tiv

kraks intensity and footy brain created goals for us. what did tiv put out on the table

as i said b4 and like all ppl who know footy know, if krak was in a better team, who would be an ELITE FOOTBALLER, NOT ATHLETE, FOOTBALLER!!!!

PULL UR HEAD OUT OF YOUR THE SUNNY SKIES IN QLD

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2007, 02:10:25 PM »
Oh I see, you can have your opinions but no-one else is entitled to.  I can see the horrible X is back again. Why are you constantly yelling?  Do you think it will make people agree with you?  And why do you have to attack people personally because they don't agree with you?  Very childish!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2007, 02:17:47 PM »
Edwards and King seem safe this week to get another game.

Wallace thought King's game was "was nice and solid" while he loved Edwards' game - "Shane’s efforts in the third quarter, where he got his hand on the footy a few times and applied some real tackling pressure, helped us work our way back into the game. I just thought we competed a lot harder at ground level and across our forward line, with Shane in there, compared to previous weeks this season."

letsgetiton!

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2007, 05:40:52 PM »
Oh I see, you can have your opinions but no-one else is entitled to.  I can see the horrible X is back again. Why are you constantly yelling?  Do you think it will make people agree with you?  And why do you have to attack people personally because they don't agree with you?  Very childish!

really, so its ok for me to take poo but i cant dish out crud in return

nothing personal, just fighting fire with fire, and btw , i have never sooked or whinged about some of the treatment i get on here, but i guess that me , take it , give some back and move on, nothing personal its just a footy forum

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2007, 06:18:19 PM »

really, so its ok for me to take poo but i cant dish out crud in return

nothing personal, just fighting fire with fire, and btw , i have never sooked or whinged about some of the treatment i get on here, but i guess that me , take it , give some back and move on, nothing personal its just a footy forum

Perhaps if you stopped giving it out in every 2nd post, you wouldn't get so much back  ::)
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2007, 06:32:14 PM »
Enough with the personal infighting  >:(  :banghead  ::). We don't want to lock threads.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2007, 06:49:15 PM »
Enough with the personal infighting  >:(  :banghead  ::). We don't want to lock threads.

wast aware i was doing that OE, just gave an explanation. i have no beef with anyone on here