Author Topic: Selected Team for Round 6 - Tivs out  (Read 4339 times)

letsgetiton!

Re: Selected Team for Round 6 - Tivs out
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2007, 07:18:54 PM »
still dont know why edwards is droped and white is in

im not sold on white, he may have pace but so does edwards and edwards at least has better disposal

i have not seen white play this yr at coburg, but i hope his disposal has improved and his decision, if not, he will become my new whipping boy

Ramps

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2007, 07:28:00 PM »
Edwards will get back in afew weeks...hes just a kid still ... itll give another senior player the chance to show Wallace there not up to it.

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2007, 07:29:03 PM »
I'll say it, Tivendale is unlucky to be dropped!

Yes, his decision making and kicking have dropped in the last two weeks,  perhaps they are making an example of that, but there have been worse offenders, Tuck, Bowden up until last week, Bowden had 3 very average games why didn't he get dropped, I hope now that they are setting that as a standard and keeping to it!

WP, no room for Hyde in your side?

You have to be joking.  Bowden?  Bowden's been playing both key position and rebounding defender and doing a great job.  Terry's asked too much of him but he still comes up with the goods.  He is our smartest and classiest player and with Brown out he is our only A class player.

You have 'gotten' that right Harry

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2007, 11:57:21 PM »
Edwards will get back in afew weeks...hes just a kid still ... itll give another senior player the chance to show Wallace there not up to it.
A couple must be on their last chance. Tuck (poor disposal) and Petts (lack of contesting) are very lucky to still be in the side.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2007, 12:49:10 AM »
Moore, Meyer, White: IN
Gaspar, Edwards, Tivendale: OUT ...

1st: why is moore there, he isn't good ! hurry up thursfield

2nd: good to see meyer

3rd: good stuff that gaspar is no more ...

4th: edwards is unlucky ! ... he hardly got match-time last week !

5th: about time with tivendale ... he needs to step back ...

i would be very happy/interested if the line up we have now will happen !

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2007, 06:23:00 AM »

im not sold on white, he may have pace but so does edwards and edwards at least has better disposal
Given we want and need to beat Geelong with pace I still don't get this decision. The only thign I can think of is perhaps we think Geelong have the bigger bodies and at this stage Whitey will be able to handle this better than Edwards and not get pushed off the ball  ???.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2007, 11:49:33 AM »

Given we want and need to beat Geelong with pace I still don't get this decision. The only thign I can think of is perhaps we think Geelong have the bigger bodies and at this stage Whitey will be able to handle this better than Edwards and not get pushed off the ball  ???.

my prediction is white will be our turnover king with tuck today and both will be dropped next week

waste of time white, edwards showed more in his limited onfield time than white ever will. 

and i dont care that white barracked for us as a kid, so did sugar, enough said

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2007, 03:43:39 PM »
Apparently Howat is in for Tuck.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2007, 04:47:23 PM »
Apparently Howat is in for Tuck.

Would prefer Edwards, more upside and potential but played for the ressies

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
Re: Selected Team for Round 6 - Tivs out/
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2007, 09:38:03 PM »
Agree that he is our only A grader Harry, can't agree about the form though.

The West Coast game was the first time he has had more than 20 possessions this season.
He had only 28 kicks in total after 3 rounds, not good enough for a rebounding defender, regardless of whether your minding a tall. My guess would be that Bowden wouldn't have been that happy with himself after Rnd 3. Actually last time Bowden was dropped it worked wonders for him....
I don't think anyone should be exempt from this, A graders, leadership group, whatever. Set a standard and stick to it! Richo has made more clangers than Tivendale this year maybe he should go...

Actually, I would like to take that post back, Bowden is not an A grader, his mistakes tonight reminded me why, his first 5 touches in the 3rd quarter were all clangers, let Mooney get around him way too easily, didn't show any dash and wouldn't put his body on the line. That is 4 bad games out of 7 now, he should be dropped, we are setting a standard at Richmond aren't we, he is no different to anyone else in the Krak/Gas/Tiv/Tuck basket.

To those that say we will miss him as a 'rebounding defender' well, lets face it, the other name for that is the 'cheap kicks on the half back line' role and we should pass that on to someone creative and skillful, such as Deledio, seeing that TW wants to persist with him in the backline, or try someone like Danny Meyer there, give him a chance to utilise his skill, kicking, instead of him looking like a lost sheep in the forward pocket.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Bulluss

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2007, 09:47:24 PM »
On Joel,

I think he is a good footballer.

His problem is that he cant help himself and has a need to try and do fancy things with the footy.

He is a beautiful kick of the footy when he is switched on, but he has mental breakdowns where he tries to look to fancy and try low % things. That is his biggest let down.

If he took the first option 95% of the time and didnt try to do too much he would be a much better footballer.

Last week against West Coast he gathered a contested ball twice as he ran into a pack. Both times he turned his back to the back to reduce impact and handballed over his head. Both turnovers.

This is the type of thing that lets his game down.