Author Topic: Give us a break, Greg Miller (Herald-Sun)  (Read 4296 times)

Ox

Re: Give us a break, Greg Miller (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2007, 07:57:43 PM »
LMAO at this article.

So in effect this article is saying that us Tiger supporters are OK with honorable losses just as long as we are "competitive".  Like the past 5 weeks?  So us tiger supporters want the likes of Gaspar and Tivendale out there so it seems that we are competitive?  What a load of crap.  We haven't been competitive all year and despite what alot of people say we were NO CHANCE of winning any of those games. 

I'd rather we completely clean the list out of these underachievers and play kids at the expense of being "competitive".  I'd rather get belted than seeing honorable losses because this way we will do something about it rather than merely tread water.  Bring on the beltings and take your medicine tiger supporters becasue if you want to just be competitive now then we'll be waiting another 25 years.

I'm with you Harry Husslescok :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2007, 10:11:50 PM »
Darren Gaspar's shoddy departure not only angered many fans but left a hole in our backline bigger than Rex Hunt's mouth.

Why?

And where was Greg Tivendale?

Why drop so many senior players, leaving us completely exposed so early in the season?

What the  ::) :-\

Sorry this article lost me with the above  - I mean fair dinkum... what's that McEnroe saying again

All I have read for the last 3 weeks on the this forum and a few others (Y&B & BF) is Tiger fans calling for Gaspar to go, Tivendale to be dropped etc.

It finally happens and now it's the wrong thing. That's not "spot on" that's hyprocrisy

Actually the article lost me at the beginning but the Tivendale line was cringeworthy at best but more like this  :chuck :chuck
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2007, 07:41:57 AM »
Darren Gaspar's shoddy departure not only angered many fans but left a hole in our backline bigger than Rex Hunt's mouth.

Why?

And where was Greg Tivendale?

Why drop so many senior players, leaving us completely exposed so early in the season?

What the  ::) :-\

Sorry this article lost me with the above  - I mean fair dinkum... what's that McEnroe saying again

All I have read for the last 3 weeks on the this forum and a few others (Y&B & BF) is Tiger fans calling for Gaspar to go, Tivendale to be dropped etc.

It finally happens and now it's the wrong thing. That's not "spot on" that's hyprocrisy

Actually the article lost me at the beginning but the Tivendale line was cringeworthy at best but more like this  :chuck :chuck
Yeah I thought the same.  Lots of people saying Gas and Tiv should be dropped and Terry should play the kids.  One problem with playing the kids is the lack of experience.  Expect more big losses if we are going to get rid of the experienced players.

In the G.C. Bulletin on Tuesday one person wrote it "no matter how bad you think your day is, think of me.  I support the Qld Reds and Richmond in the AFL".  For the uneducated, the Reds lost 92-3 and everyone is calling for coach Eddie Jones' head.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2007, 08:19:06 AM »
qld reds and tigers may merge lol

but seriously, u dont see me whinging that tiv was dropped and gas is gone

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2007, 02:36:01 PM »
Young sides will be up and down. At least once this year they will surprise us with a convincing win as well as some absolute shockers. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2007, 09:17:33 PM »
i too believe it was a great article

Unfortunately the article is spot on.
People dont like to hear thr truth and thats whats she written.

but seriously, u dont see me whinging that tiv was dropped and gas is gone

No I certainly don't see you whinging about tiv being dropped - far from it  ;D

The point I was trying to make is; X you and a couple of others said it was a good article - however part of the article is critical of Gaspar retiring and Tiv being dropped something numerous people have applauded and been calling for, for weeks - this "good" article flies in the face of those views. Because Cherly in her "wisdom" says it was a the wrong thing to do.

Just think she and others cannot have it both ways  ::)

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)