Author Topic: Give us a break, Greg Miller (Herald-Sun)  (Read 4562 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Give us a break, Greg Miller (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 01:32:48 PM »

I'm an ordinary Richmond member who watched all 120 minutes of Sunday's agony

Unlike so many others, I stayed to the bitter end.
So am I and so did I but we don't get our own article in a daily newspaper. Only two Tiger supporters left early where I was sitting. Of those who stayed til the end was a 90 year old woman who had attended games since she was six years old. They haven't shouted from the roof tops about what great supporters they are. You want a medal Cheryl :nopity.

Funny how she only writes articles when we are at our lowest (a la supporting the alternative ticket during the 2004 board election).

What do I say to my kids, Greg, when they witness such a demoralising debacle?
"You're lucky you haven't had to put up with this crap for 25 years like I have"  ;D

All the fans want is a club that's doing its utmost to field its best team every week, and for the players to try their hearts out for the yellow and black.
No I want to build a premiership side. I'm sick of being brave yet mediocre and finishing mid-ladder.

Why are we going for "youth" in Round 6? Aren't you meant to do that near the end of the season when all is lost?
Why and then deny talented kids games playing duds in front of them as well as denying us the best draft picks finishing ninth. The first 5 rounds showed our senior players aren't up to it. The opposition tag Lids for crying out a loud; not our senior players.

As for the players, what message has all this sent them? That they aren't good enough, that's what.
Yep! Pretty obvious. First thing you've said correct Cheryl.

And where was Greg Tivendale?

Why drop so many senior players, leaving us completely exposed so early in the season?
Because they are holding us back because they aren't good enough.

Two and a half years into Terry Wallace's five-year coaching contract, we're going backwards.
No the past two weeks is actually a step forward. Nothing wrong with facing reality.

Yes we have had bad luck with injuries. But that doesn't explain a complete freefall.
Really! Then explain that to Port and Brisbane last year then Cheryl and they have a premiership core of senior players.

Sunday was enough to tip Tiger fans over the edge. They've been told to be patient for 25 years and they have.
Despite what mistakes Miller and Plough have made it's not their fault we've been crap for 25 years. Hell that's not even Spud's fault.

I'm not a footy expert and don't pretend to know how to coach or run an AFL side. I know it's difficult.

I love my club and will continue to attend games.
Yet you see fit to write an article at the request of your editor to sook  ::). Not a single constructive suggestion in the article which the club can use.

Some fans are as soft as our players  ::)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2007, 01:37:25 PM »
You have no comprehension about football

:o

:shh

:whistle

Moi

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 01:47:09 PM »
You have no comprehension about football

:o

:shh

:whistle
I do all right, smart arsse! for a girl  ::) - :thumbsup

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 01:53:48 PM »
Great reply MT!  :thumbsup :thumbsup :clapping

I bet Cheryl was one of those kids in the back seat of the car on their way to Kryall Castle constantly whingeing and saying "Are we there yet, Are we there yet?? Mum....Tommy keeps hitting me! Turn the aircon up I'm hot" Shut up or we'll make a quick detour to Bacchus Marsh Lion Safari and there you might find out what a hungry Tiger really looks like. :wallywink

Her comments only prove that she has plenty of complaints but no solutions. ::)

Moi

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2007, 01:56:42 PM »
Her comments only prove that she has plenty of complaints but no solutions. ::)
Exactly, but doesn't mind contributing to the hysteria  >:(

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2007, 02:01:12 PM »

I'm an ordinary Richmond member who watched all 120 minutes of Sunday's agony

Unlike so many others, I stayed to the bitter end.
So am I and so did I but we don't get our own article in a daily newspaper. Only two Tiger supporters left early where I was sitting. Of those who stayed til the end was a 90 year old woman who had attended games since she was six years old. They haven't shouted from the roof tops about what great supporters they are. You want a medal Cheryl :nopity.

Funny how she only writes articles when we are at our lowest (a la supporting the alternative ticket during the 2004 board election).

What do I say to my kids, Greg, when they witness such a demoralising debacle?
"You're lucky you haven't had to put up with this crap for 25 years like I have"  ;D

All the fans want is a club that's doing its utmost to field its best team every week, and for the players to try their hearts out for the yellow and black.
No I want to build a premiership side. I'm sick of being brave yet mediocre and finishing mid-ladder.

Why are we going for "youth" in Round 6? Aren't you meant to do that near the end of the season when all is lost?
Why and then deny talented kids games playing duds in front of them as well as denying us the best draft picks finishing ninth. The first 5 rounds showed our senior players aren't up to it. The opposition tag Lids for crying out a loud; not our senior players.

As for the players, what message has all this sent them? That they aren't good enough, that's what.
Yep! Pretty obvious. First thing you've said correct Cheryl.

And where was Greg Tivendale?

Why drop so many senior players, leaving us completely exposed so early in the season?
Because they are holding us back because they aren't good enough.

Two and a half years into Terry Wallace's five-year coaching contract, we're going backwards.
No the past two weeks is actually a step forward. Nothing wrong with facing reality.

Yes we have had bad luck with injuries. But that doesn't explain a complete freefall.
Really! Then explain that to Port and Brisbane last year then Cheryl and they have a premiership core of senior players.

Sunday was enough to tip Tiger fans over the edge. They've been told to be patient for 25 years and they have.
Despite what mistakes Miller and Plough have made it's not their fault we've been crap for 25 years. Hell that's not even Spud's fault.

I'm not a footy expert and don't pretend to know how to coach or run an AFL side. I know it's difficult.

I love my club and will continue to attend games.
Yet you see fit to write an article at the request of your editor to sook  ::). Not a single constructive suggestion in the article which the club can use.

Some fans are as soft as our players  ::)

Great post MT.  

I just hope Terry doesn't buckle under pressure and bend down to crying supporters like her and go back to playing the underachievers and topping up in an attempt to be "competitive".  It must be all or nothing from this point on.  Find talented kids throw them in and see who wants to swim.  We have no baby sitters in the form of senior leaders so they're just gonna have to learn quicker than ususal.  Foley showed on the weekend that he wants it and has what it takes.  Anyone else?
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline True Thylacine

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2007, 02:02:32 PM »
I felt moved to post this on BF, not sure if anyone can relate but here goes"

"She who must be obeyed couldnt believe I sat in front of Fox and watched the whole thing to the end and took the plethora of post match phone calls that all could really only be answered with a quickfire "get ****ed!" and a hang up. It has further entrenched the belief in my household that Richmond Football Club isnt a sport nor a religion, its an incurable lifelong disease.

I guess she is right because really after all the tragedy, disappointment, post mortems etc I still love this club and I dont give a crap what anyone else thinks! Sounds cheesy but sadly true and in the end is all that matters to me. The others can have 100,00 bandwagoners supporting them but I'd trade that for 10 real Tiger fans standing next to me singing "oh we're from Tigerland" with all their might, cos I know they are diehards and I can count on them just as the club needs right now. If this week has done anything to me its just reinforced, after 40 years of supporting and highs n lows, just how fanatical I am and how bloody loyal the vast majority of people here are. When we finally get there, and we will, Geez we are gonna give people hell! I live for that one day.

Please excuse this sentimental brain fart sorry....sack Wallace..Millers gotta go!"

I dont have an opinion one way or the other on Cheryl because I think this week no one knwo exactly how to react, there is no right way.  A shame she chose to vent in the media though, she coulda called me I would have co-vented..lmao
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 04:01:27 PM by True Thylacine »

Life goes on

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2007, 02:24:59 PM »

Reality is we have good backwards, very fast.
The recruits from the past 3 drafts arent setting the world on fire and can tell you for fact the older players find its extremely difficult to implement game plans.
Might also add if we recruit another player UNDER 6ft I will spew :chuck :chuck
Terry needs to be accountable, he did appoint Kane as captain against others wishes.
Hey lets see whats happens if Kingsley cant get a kick

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2007, 02:37:24 PM »
LMAO at this article.

So in effect this article is saying that us Tiger supporters are OK with honorable losses just as long as we are "competitive".  Like the past 5 weeks?  So us tiger supporters want the likes of Gaspar and Tivendale out there so it seems that we are competitive?  What a load of crap.  We haven't been competitive all year and despite what alot of people say we were NO CHANCE of winning any of those games. 

I'd rather we completely clean the list out of these underachievers and play kids at the expense of being "competitive".  I'd rather get belted than seeing honorable losses because this way we will do something about it rather than merely tread water.  Bring on the beltings and take your medicine tiger supporters becasue if you want to just be competitive now then we'll be waiting another 25 years.

Bravo harry.

Cheryl is a winger pure and simple.
She doesn't speak for me..

What a waste of media space.

Got any solutions Helen instead of just bagging the club's administration that is actually trying to make this club great again? >:(

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2007, 04:36:41 PM »
Reality is we have good backwards, very fast.
The recruits from the past 3 drafts arent setting the world on fire and can tell you for fact the older players find its extremely difficult to implement game plans.
Might also add if we recruit another player UNDER 6ft I will spew :chuck :chuck
Terry needs to be accountable, he did appoint Kane as captain against others wishes.
Hey lets see whats happens if Kingsley cant get a kick
That's why we are getting rid of our older players. They fail us far too often and enough is enough. Even at training today they miss an open man and kick it out on the full  ::). This year there was always a chance of us going backwards before going forward in future years. We don't have the senior core to support our younger players so they can learn and develop on the periphery like other sides can.

I agree with you Jack about the under 6fters but you can still recruit a couple of them provided they are very special and skillful - a la West Coast:
Braun 175cm
Cousins 179cm
Fletcher 179cm
Kerr 178cm
Wirrpanda 173cm
If they aren't A-grade like the above then you forget about them.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2007, 04:44:53 PM »
I just hope Terry doesn't buckle under pressure and bend down to crying supporters like her and go back to playing the underachievers and topping up in an attempt to be "competitive".  It must be all or nothing from this point on.  Find talented kids throw them in and see who wants to swim.  We have no baby sitters in the form of senior leaders so they're just gonna have to learn quicker than ususal.  Foley showed on the weekend that he wants it and has what it takes.  Anyone else?
Exactly Harry. No turning back now.

:rollin @ tiga and Kryall Castle.   

2JD

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2007, 05:10:45 PM »
I agree with her in that I dont want any heartfelt apologies, the back page of the HUN was cringeworthy when it screamed out WE'RE SORRY!(I know it was a beat up by the stupid media, but the msg was still there)  I dont want them to bow their heads and ask forgiveness, I just want them to play a decent damn game!!!

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2007, 07:08:38 PM »
A 4 year old with a crayon stuck up their nose could have written a better article  ::)
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Life goes on

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2007, 07:18:14 PM »
I will just get the crayon out and see what my daughter can achieve. She might just  be able to draw the forward line structure at Richmond, shouldnt be too hard as crayons are very easy to use

letsgetiton!

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2007, 07:45:41 PM »
I will just get the crayon out and see what my daughter can achieve. She might just  be able to draw the forward line structure at Richmond, shouldnt be too hard as crayons are very easy to use

i wuill get my daughters to do the same, maybe we can compare notes some day lol