Author Topic: Tigers look at Miller's position - Caro  (Read 18341 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers look at Miller's position - Caro
« on: May 10, 2007, 05:08:41 AM »
Tigers look at Miller's position
Caroline Wilson | May 10, 2007
The Age

GREG MILLER'S position on the Richmond board is expected to come under scrutiny as part of an extensive review at Tigerland that will lead to a restructured football department and an extensive bolstering of the club's recruiting before the end of the season.

While Miller remains highly regarded at the club in football operations, his dual roles as a member-elected director and football and recruiting boss have become an issue, despite vehement denials yesterday from Miller and his president Gary March.

The Age understands that March, who fronted reporters on Monday after the Tigers' record 157-point loss, learned that Miller was issuing an apology to Richmond supporters only just before it was released to members.

Most of the Richmond board had no knowledge of the Miller apology, which stole some of the following day's headlines, mentioned several excuses such as injuries and stressed that the club would not be responding to "media hysteria".

Miller was also one of the catalysts behind a briefing on the eve of the home-and-away season during which coach Terry Wallace painted a relatively pessimistic picture of the club's likely fortunes during 2007 and 2008 — four days before the Tigers' round-one clash with Carlton.

Miller said last night: "Ultimately I'll do what's best for the football club.

"As I have said all along, as resources become available I am very happy to continue to do what's best for the club.

"When I first got on the board I didn't know whether or not I was in it for the long haul. Terry Wallace hadn't come to the club and now he has — and he is also in it for the long haul. I have an excellent relationship with Terry and with (chief executive) Steven Wright and I'm sure at some point we'll weigh all that up."

The club restructure is expected to lead to a new recruiting chief being appointed over Miller's offsider Francis Jackson, with further funds injected into player development and other football resources.

Wallace, who on Tuesday described the Richmond Football Club as a "train wreck" when he arrived 2½ years ago, has been encouraged to focus more on coaching and less on selling the club's message to members, supporters and the public.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/tigers-look-at-millers-position/2007/05/09/1178390390281.html

Ramps

Re: Tigers look at Miller's position - Caro
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 11:11:22 AM »
Should never have been allowed to enter the board contest. Should never have been allowed to continue even 1 day after being elected. That hes still on the board is not on. Everyone on here has been saying it from the start.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 11:27:32 AM »
I will go as far and say G Miller is a cancer on the club.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 12:23:05 PM »
wow settle doen tiger

Ti Xeris?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 02:23:42 PM »
The most important thing now is to get our recruiting and player development right and heavily resourced to compete with the other clubs no matter who takes over or whatever happens to Miller. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 02:42:45 PM »
Will be interesting to see what happens with the recruiting manager situation..
If someone like scott clayton or trevor woodhouse was availible we would obviously try and snap him up , but assuming
they are not i would hate to see us pick up someone with a middle of the road or worse record.
Francis Jackson is obviousy unproven but if no recruiters with a proven record are availible we should stick with him instead of getting someone ordinary
just so we can say  we are making changes..

Life goes on

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 02:47:47 PM »
Have it from very reliable source that that he will be replaced at years end.

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 02:55:19 PM »
Do you know by who??? Even a hint?

Life goes on

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 03:00:20 PM »
Try someone at the Demons. Thats as much as you are getting, sorry

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2007, 03:03:37 PM »
Cool thats enough for me :)

Life goes on

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2007, 03:06:29 PM »
Can tell you though, big spat between Miller and Wallace on Monday.
March has taken Wallaces side . Watch this space !

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2007, 03:09:11 PM »
Interesting , well its good that March took Wallets side anyway..

Life goes on

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2007, 03:10:59 PM »
If things dont improve over the course of the year. All Positions will be reviewed, fact, they are all on notice. ;)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2007, 03:14:11 PM »
If things dont improve over the course of the year. All Positions will be reviewed, fact, they are all on notice. ;)

great news , everyone should always be accountable and reviewed.

gr8 news that miller will be gone! at least we can say we have some hope as he has been nothing but a troll

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2007, 03:16:11 PM »
Well looking forward to the review in that case as i cannot see much improvement...