Author Topic: JAMIE Charman a Tiger - Anyone?  (Read 4773 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: JAMIE Charman a Tiger - Anyone?
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2007, 12:34:42 PM »
His manager (Paul Connors) is my second cousin and from memory a tiger supporter but he's a crafty bugger so don't expect to get charman cheap. I remember paul as a kid going to the corner shop to buy lollies and trying to sell them to me at a price that included shipping!!  :help

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2007, 03:44:00 PM »
off our radar.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2007, 09:41:25 AM »
Lions hold off interest in Clark
31 August 2007   Herald Sun
Andrew Hamilton

THE Brisbane Lions have withstood strong interest from two clubs for gun forward Mitch Clark.

However, it is understood the 19-year-old top 10 draft pick has only agreed to a one-year-deal.

It is believed the Lions re-signed Clark this week after a visit from his manager Colin Young.

Clark is seen as a key player for Brisbane, and coach Leigh Matthews has said the club wants him fit so he can have an extended run in the seniors.

Although he has had two injury-ravaged seasons at the club, Clark has shown glimpses of talent.

In his first game this season, he booted five goals against Collingwood at the Gabba in Round 9.

He has been troubled by foot, knee and shoulder injuries and has managed just 10 senior games since his debut against Geelong in Round 1 last year.

In his limited senior appearances, Clark has shown he can lead and take a strong mark and is considered very agile for a big man.

He has kicked seven goals in four games this year for a total of 10 and Brisbane see him as an ideal forward partner to Jonathan Brown.

It is understood West Coast and Fremantle were interested in the young West Australian who was pick No. 9 in the 2005 draft.

It is a key signing for Brisbane, who will again face raids from interstate rivals. Last season Daniel Bradshaw and Michael Rischitelli rejected offers from Melbourne-based clubs.

It is understood the Sydney Swans are interested in young ruckman Cameron Wood.

The Swans may need to recruit a ruckman as Darren Jolly is considering returning to Melbourne.

The Swans have had recruiting staff watching the 20-year-old at most Lions' reserves games this year.

Premiership midfielder Richard Hadley, in his first year back after two years on the sidelines recovering from successive knee reconstructions, has also attracted some interest.

The Lions have four ruckmen on their books and could struggle to keep them all.

Wood remains in contract, but appears to have been overtaken by 2006 No.4 draft pick Matthew Leuenberger.

Jamie Charman is close to agreeing to remain at the club.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22336965%255E19742,00.html
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2007, 02:08:50 PM »
Charman wants to much to leave so that's probably why he's staying. Brisbane would want either pick 18 or 19 for Wood. If Sydney are after him then that'll pump up his price.

Some bloke at training brought up again the Stephen King to us in the PSD rumour. We might as well close down Punt Rd if that happens  :help.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2007, 04:21:03 PM »
injury free , we all know king is an all australian ruckmen, if we get him cheap why not
surely his bad luck with injuries wil stop

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2007, 06:40:30 PM »
King was an AA ruckman 7 years ago but now he's 29 and we'd just be replacing one injury-prone ruckman we just got rid of with another. King hasn't played a full season since 2002  :o.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2007, 06:54:42 PM »
Forget King.

I would lose it if that happened...

Charman however.....

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2007, 07:37:05 PM »
i dont want king, but say we had him just for one yr on real cheap wages, to help develop gus and be a back up ruckman. and then hope we get our hands on natanui the yr after

Ox

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2007, 07:59:23 PM »
I don't see Gus cutting either,long term.

I wouldn't be the only one to turn if they grabbed King.

We can hire a better ruck coach than him,while Pato and Gus continue their baptism of fire.

I like Pato and have said he will be a required player.

I stand by this.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2007, 08:13:09 PM »
agree on patto, he is a required player and will be a gr8 player 4 us

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2007, 07:02:55 AM »
agree on patto, he is a required player and will be a gr8 player 4 us