Author Topic: Oh Captain, My Captain......We need a Captain!!!  (Read 2629 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Oh Captain, My Captain......We need a Captain!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2007, 11:01:51 PM »
I voted for the someone at our club option but didn't have one clearcut name. Any of the young guys still need to show more before being offered the captaincy. Jack has the personality but he's just starting out. I wouldn't pass it on to another older player as it's time for generational change.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 12:58:10 AM »
Mark Coughlan ... ... will be Richmond's Next Captain ...

get rid of that No.17 must be worn for captains ...

because players like there own numbers ...

would you see Deledio go for No.17 from No.3 ??? ... NO ...

i understand why this is ...

God Bless Jack Dyer ... i wish he played for us right now ... but they should have the No.17 at the top of the jumper on the back ... so that everyone that puts on the jumper has jack dyer's number with them ...

like where the "FFC" is for Western, and "BBFFC" is for Brisbane ...

MARK COUGHLAN ... in 2009 ...

i reckon that Joel Bowden would be our captain today ... (probably worse player to be) ... but because of that No.17 "Captain's" he wouldn't change from No.11 to No.17 ... he loves that number ...

i know Richmond Players vote for the captain ... but when Terry came to the club ... he said that Joel is "a favourite" to lead this new long-term plan (remember Joel was captain of the first match under Terry in the NAB ... only because Johnson was injured!) ... Johnson he said was a leader, but prefered Joel over Kane ... and i don't know why that is ! ... Kane is better then Joel in captain wise i believe ...

Moi

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2007, 11:58:25 PM »
Foley and let's hope it's quick after tonight  :banghead

Ox

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2007, 12:08:05 AM »
Foley ALREADY IS our captain out there :thumbsup

Kane is an outright joke.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2007, 12:09:06 AM »
Totally agree that after tonight let it be someone else. Turnovers that cost a goal. What was he thinking in the third quarter going straight down the spine to an Adelaide 3 on 1. Garbage captain. No leadership no grunt no fight no heart no spine no charcter no idea. Foley Coghlan Deledio someone who can lead with pride distinction honour competitiveness heart desire passion charcter fulfillment will to win something our current captins lacks in abundance.

Ox

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2007, 12:12:18 AM »
Garbage captain. No leadership no grunt no fight no heart no spine no charcter no idea

Thanks.

That's my new sig.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2007, 12:38:02 AM »
Garbage captain. No leadership no grunt no fight no heart no spine no charcter no idea

Thanks.

That's my new sig.

No worries champ that's made my night. lol
Glad I have made an impact.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2007, 12:38:22 AM »
Thanks johno - Now my workmate knows I am mad, screaming at the telly when youv'e got the ball.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2007, 08:16:34 AM »
How many times do you see him fall over, especially when he has the ball, which nearly always results in a turnover? 

retygas

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2007, 08:32:45 AM »
I really hope Terry reads all of this. Then he will see that no one here is happy with the captain and last night done him no more favours either. Maybe we can entice Vossy out of retirement and make him the captain straight away. As this is what we need someone with balls and a male voice. But back to it if Terry reads these he would surely think that he has made a major blunder with his choice over how was the captain.

Tigermonk

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2007, 11:48:15 AM »
How did the captain play last night did l miss anything was it a good game from captain turnover soft****

2JD

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2007, 12:08:54 PM »
Well, watching last night I thought Richo would be a much better captain, with the effort he puts in and the passion he plays with, I know he makes mistakes, but so does our esteemed leader and he(Johnson) has the passion and inspiration of a cardboard cutout! But Richos injury has put paid to that idea.
Seriously why cant Johno see he has to step down...to regain form or get his head in the right place or just to save himself embarrassment, players from other clubs do it all the time!

Ox

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2007, 02:45:26 PM »
Well, watching last night I thought Richo would be a much better captain, with the effort he puts in and the passion he plays with, I know he makes mistakes, but so does our esteemed leader and he(Johnson) has the passion and inspiration of a cardboard cutout! But Richos injury has put paid to that idea.
Seriously why cant Johno see he has to step down...to regain form or get his head in the right place or just to save himself embarrassment, players from other clubs do it all the time!

Richo will never captain - it's in his nature to berate his team mates and this is not a leadership quality that we need.
Plus he choked when the pressure is on,so imagine how he would be if he had the captaincy - lmao

Johnson will never get his head right because he's hopeless but a good salesman...at least he was to Terry and co :wallywink to get the captaincy in the first place.

We all fukcen hate the prick as captain.......................