Author Topic: Yeah or Neah - 14. Aaron Fiora  (Read 3658 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Yeah or Neah - 14. Aaron Fiora
« on: July 22, 2004, 06:48:20 PM »
As the season is now about judging who stays or goes at the end of the year, thought we might have a look at each player who is on a knife's edge and get opinions until the end of the season.

Aaron been in the system 5 years since making his debut in 2000. I believe he still has another year to go on his contract but I could be wrong. What should happen to Fiora - kept or trade - and why? Will a new coach resurrect his footy career?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

Re: Yeah or Neah - 14. Aaron Fiora
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 08:04:34 PM »
This guy is a dud, he doesnt have a football brain and confuses players upfield when he continues to hold onto the ball and take players on.

Sure he is pretty good at getting around people but his disposal is terrible. the worst thing is that he has the ability to deliver the ball well, but for some strange reason he doesnt use his skill on the field. Fresh in my mind is that pass he gave Richo under no pressure what so ever, it was nearly 10m over Richo's head.

Now this just doesnt cut it at senior level, i do feel a little sorry for him being played down back as he isnt a defender. Maybe this is another good reason to pee him off as other clubs can see that he has been played out of position and think he is still of value.

Lets get what we can for him.

Bulluss

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 08:05:10 PM »
Forgot to add that we also have too many left footers so thats a another thing against him.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 10:02:08 PM »
Aaron Fiora falls into the category of a player that we can use to get reasonable picks or a pick and a young player for in the trade. Though like a couple of others I wonder what a new coach will do for him. Do we wait another year or do we bite the bullet now, as the arguement can be made that he has had 5 years.

The harsh reality is that to get quality in the draft we have to be prepared to sacrifice some players.

His beginning to the season was good - I actually think he did show improvement. But he has gone off the "boil" completely. His disposal last Saturday to Richo in particular was abysmal and this lets him down time and time again.

I would trade for the right offer.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 11:45:54 PM »
Would consider trading for a third round pick and would definitely trade for a second rounder.

He might develop into an ok footballer if he adds a bit of muscle but the bottom line is that he does not have a footy brain, which will mean that he will constantly try and take the opposition on when its not the place to do it, he will always be slow in his decision making, he will always lack peripheral vision and he will always make silly mistakes.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2004, 01:14:59 PM »
Fiora’s now played around 70 games and this is the time when players should really be starting to play good, consistent footy.  That doesn’t seem to be happening and he’s just recently come back from a stint at Coburg.

In many ways, he’s similar to Pettifer in that he hasn’t really shown anything outstanding to say that he’s vital to our structure, if we are seriously developing and putting together a successful team for the long-term future.

Like Pettifer, he could be a handy back-up player, because, on what he’s shown to date, there’s doubt that he could become a reliable, week in, week out type player.  These players seem to lack the necessary drive and commitment to really make it at this level.

Maybe he could do better under a new coach, but after five seasons, how long do you give someone?  Especially when other players, under the same coaching structure, have managed to perform better on a more consistent basis.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2004, 08:03:21 PM »
4 possessions when your career is on the line after 5 years on the list is simply not good enough. Problem for us is his form is so poor that we'd struggle to get anything good for him in a trade.

Ox

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2004, 08:07:39 PM »
Gone! and no  :sleep will be lost

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2004, 08:08:26 PM »
He is one player they should leave in the team and hope he gets a few 15+ possession games under his belt to boost his trade value, or should i say, give him a trade value.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2004, 08:10:46 PM »
I think it should be a club initiative to go to Aaron Fiora as if he is Nathan Buckley for the rest of the year. We have to fool some clubs that he is a ball winner.

Offline Struggletown

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2004, 10:05:17 PM »
Trade him.
Id be happy for anything up to 3rd round for him.
I will say l reckon he's a natural wingman,and has been played out of position,but thats about the only excuse l have for him.
He's talented but a lightweight with poor decision making skills,who continually misses targets and kicks across his body. :scream
I still shudder to think that we could have had Pavlich :(
Drink,Drugs and Shagging models.
The rest l just wasted.
  George Best on where his millions went

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2004, 04:03:30 PM »
Aaron isn't doing his future or trade value any favours. While others such as Pettifer and Rodan seem to have lifted their game in the past few weeks as the threat of the chop looms, Aaron continues to struggle big time! He's been in our bottom six possession getters for along time now and will most likely get sent back to Coburg again this week. I find it very hard now to see him at Tigerland next year. Problem is which other club would want him based on his current form  ???. Maybe the Crows might have a soft spot for a still relatively youngish ex-pat south aussie.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2004, 04:28:31 PM »
I actually posted on BF today, in reply to a Melbourne supporter who wanted to know what the Demons could give us exchange for Fiora.

I said that I'd do a straight sway Fiora for their young ruckman Jaymar(sp?). They like players who can run we need more talls - seemed like a good deal to me

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2004, 04:47:40 PM »
I actually posted on BF today, in reply to a Melbourne supporter who wanted to know what the Demons could give us exchange for Fiora.

They like players who can run we need more talls

Ben Holland  :o  :-X

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2004, 04:50:14 PM »
Ben Holland  :o  :-X

S is for sauce...... oops wrong thread

Have you been on it today MT???

:lol :rollin :lol :rollin :lol :rollin