Author Topic: Jamie O'Reilly wins promotion off rookie list  (Read 1733 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Jamie O'Reilly wins promotion off rookie list
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 08:28:20 PM »
Bits I saw he did good, he got sold a hospital pass but rode it well and thought it out, didn't do anything panicky.  He went well.  I hope he gets a few more games so we can see him in action and give him a good fair crack.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 12:52:53 AM »
It was a simple question to Richmond coach Damien Hardwick. Matt Dea (sic) [Jamie O'Reilly] was subbed because of injury three minutes before three-quarter-time and the coach was asked: what was the injury? Hardwick replied: "He just had a niggle so we weren't prepared to risk him. We were running thin as it was. He will come back and play next week, which is a positive for us." Next question: "Where was the niggle?" Hardwick said: "Somewhere on his body." Wow, that's news.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/inspired-tigers-rise-to-challenge-20110828-1jgl1.html#ixzz1WKr3HGnM

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 04:54:09 AM »
Next question: "Where was the niggle?" Hardwick said: "Somewhere on his body." Wow, that's news.

:lol

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 06:49:02 AM »
It was a simple question to Richmond coach Damien Hardwick. Matt Dea (sic) [Jamie O'Reilly] was subbed because of injury three minutes before three-quarter-time and the coach was asked: what was the injury? Hardwick replied: "He just had a niggle so we weren't prepared to risk him. We were running thin as it was. He will come back and play next week, which is a positive for us." Next question: "Where was the niggle?" Hardwick said: "Somewhere on his body." Wow, that's news.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/inspired-tigers-rise-to-challenge-20110828-1jgl1.html#ixzz1WKr3HGnM

Surely they have got the reason Matt Dea didn't play confused with the reason Jamie O'Reilly was subbed off. My bet is Matt Dea will play next week and he had a bit of a niggle just before the Adelaide game.

Quality journalism.  :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 06:59:20 AM »
He looked to be caught out by the speed of the game. I thought he started the second half as a defensive forward. Don't know what he ended up doing, but it seemed to coincide with us cutting down the Crow's midfield run.

Start of the 2nd half he was placed on Johncock to negate his run off half back and to free up King who that point had been beaten. It was a smart move

Have to say you hit the nail on the head Muscles re O'Reilly & the speed of the game - unfortunately he was miles off yesterday and really struggled. At a lot of stoppages he was playing to far off his opponent and his positioning was poor....

Not a great game IMHO
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 09:31:12 AM »
True, but like with all blokes stepping up they need a few games to settle into it

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 09:39:05 AM »
http://www.gettyimages.com.au/detail/122326976
nice shot of our Jamie making a spoil