Author Topic: Will Thursfield [merged]  (Read 17460 times)

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Thursfield trade falls over and he'll remain a Tiger [merged]
« Reply #270 on: October 14, 2010, 07:14:45 AM »
Agree with Gerkin Greg. Will is a good spoiler and is a good user of the ball when he is on song. Hope he has a really good year next year

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #271 on: October 14, 2010, 07:38:07 AM »
Feel sorry for Thursty in a way. With others ahead of him on our list he's now likely to spend the whole of 2011 at Coburg just waiting to be delisted at the end of next year. A shame we couldn't get some trade done even if it only meant an upgrade of a late pick.

Not necessarily

For any player on the RFC list i have 2 words that should be enough motivation to put your bum down work hard and turn your career around..

SHANE TUCK

12 months ago we said the same about Tucky and look at what he did in 2010

Will like a few others is in the same situation as Tucky was 12 months - too a large degree it's up to Will

And for those who will say "oh what about Jordie" - another good example of if you don't try and turn things around you will end up like Joride  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #272 on: October 14, 2010, 08:30:47 AM »

For any player on the RFC list i have 2 words that should be enough motivation to put your bum down work hard and turn your career around..

SHANE TUCK

Will like a few others is in the same situation as Tucky was 12 months - too a large degree it's up to Will

And for those who will say "oh what about Jordie" - another good example of if you don't try and turn things around you will end up like Jordie  ;D

Jake King is another you could use to reinforce your point WP.

tony_montana

« Reply #273 on: October 14, 2010, 11:32:53 AM »
Feel sorry for Thursty in a way. With others ahead of him on our list he's now likely to spend the whole of 2011 at Coburg just waiting to be delisted at the end of next year. A shame we couldn't get some trade done even if it only meant an upgrade of a late pick.

Not necessarily

SHANE TUCK

And for those who will say "oh what about Jordie" - another good example of if you don't try and turn things around you will end up like Joride  ;D

yeah spot on, if Wil went gym junkie crazy and put on 5-6kg over the summer he'd be our number 1 option at FB next year. Ball in his court

TigerTimeII

« Reply #274 on: October 14, 2010, 11:43:16 AM »

Not necessarily

SHANE TUCK

hey wp, they are not 2 words but one name and surname lol

hahahahah :cheers :cheers :cheers

just stirring

but  re will thats his problem, he has no will, no desire

facts are he is no good

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #275 on: October 14, 2010, 04:28:11 PM »
Good call Smokie and William

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #276 on: October 14, 2010, 08:07:59 PM »

Not necessarily

SHANE TUCK

I think Tucky was in a more fortunate situation this year than Thursty will be next year. Our midfield lacked and still lacks depth and mature bodies so although Tucky was ignored initially by Dimma in favour of kids, a spot and need opened up for Tucky. On the other hand we have quite a few tall defenders on our list so Will's chance of getting an opportunity is fairly slim to non-existent next year. There won't be a spot opening up for him in the seniors unless by some major bad luck four of our talls go down. Thursty was already surplus to our needs this year whereas when Tuck was put on the trade table at the end of 2009 he still was very much part of our 22. The problem we have in trade week is other clubs simply don't rate our players outside the handful of untouchables.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #277 on: October 14, 2010, 09:57:25 PM »

Not necessarily

SHANE TUCK

I think Tucky was in a more fortunate situation this year than Thursty will be next year. Our midfield lacked and still lacks depth and mature bodies so although Tucky was ignored initially by Dimma in favour of kids, a spot and need opened up for Tucky. On the other hand we have quite a few tall defenders on our list so Will's chance of getting an opportunity is fairly slim to non-existent next year. There won't be a spot opening up for him in the seniors unless by some major bad luck four of our talls go down. Thursty was already surplus to our needs this year whereas when Tuck was put on the trade table at the end of 2009 he still was very much part of our 22. The problem we have in trade week is other clubs simply don't rate our players outside the handful of untouchables.

Which is why it was absolutely ridiculous to even consider our getting a 2nd round pick for players like McGuane and Thursty.
Foolhardy stuff, just nonsensical thinking. :nope
When the club has finished bottom 3 more than half the past decade, it is hard to think of too many players other clubs would want besides the obvious 4.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #278 on: October 14, 2010, 11:07:20 PM »
Will be in the gun next year no doubt. Needs to work twice as hard to keep his AFL career alive.
Hardwick will do him no favours.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #279 on: October 14, 2010, 11:39:19 PM »
If anybody has contact with Will, tell him to become Dusty's training partner.  Apparently Dusty has been in the gym every day working on his core strength and tonight his muscles.  Handcuff Thursty to him.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #280 on: October 14, 2010, 11:46:19 PM »
If anybody has contact with Will, tell him to become Dusty's training partner.  Apparently Dusty has been in the gym every day working on his core strength and tonight his muscles.  Handcuff Thursty to him.

as if will has no will or desire they should have traded him for peanuts

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #281 on: October 15, 2010, 12:37:40 AM »
Apparently Dusty has been in the gym every day working on his core strength and tonight his muscles. 
As long as Cotch from personal experience reminds Dusty to not go too hard too early so he doesn't suffer an injury  :pray.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #282 on: October 15, 2010, 05:22:02 AM »
Will be in the gun next year no doubt. Needs to work twice as hard to keep his AFL career alive.
Hardwick will do him no favours.

He now must realise that he isn't a required player anyware...... that should make him wake up, surely. I would expect a big year out of Will next year or it off to McDonalds as chief lettuce slicer for all I care...

Dead right....no favours from anyone..
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

TigerTimeII

« Reply #283 on: October 15, 2010, 07:10:07 AM »
will wont wake up

he will just sook and sulk

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #284 on: October 17, 2010, 09:55:49 AM »
Lumped with him. :P