Author Topic: Kevin Sheedy threads [merged]  (Read 63435 times)

Moi

Re: 'Awkward' Sheeds pulls pin on Tigers (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1080 on: July 13, 2009, 10:19:07 AM »
TOTALLY AGREE.
Why wouldnt every applicate have the same opportunity if you were going to go through the process.
On your bike March,

What a effin joke.
You just shift the goalposts Jack. >:(
Fact is deep down Sheeds knows he is not up to the task otherwise he would have gone through this process.
This compromised excuse 'I didn't know Gary March..blah blah' is a soft out.

Look at what the Bombers players are saying re Knighter compared with Sheeds unfruitful final years at Essendon.
He had a great run but the modern game has caught up with this former great coach. Melbourne too saw his time is up.

How about channelling your energies towards something positive and help the RFC come together as one instead of being forever divisive. :banghead :banghead :banghead

Answer me this, why has Wayne Campbell been promised the job ? ;)

he hasnt been promised anything, and he wont get the job next year, so again, you are WRONG.

You might find he was promised, thus his release from his contract at the Western Bulldogs. Clubs wouldnt release coaches from an assistants role to go to another assistants role, how stupid are you. ::)
If he didn't get it in writing then more fool him  :wallywink

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1081 on: July 13, 2009, 10:21:37 AM »
TOTALLY AGREE.
Why wouldnt every applicate have the same opportunity if you were going to go through the process.
On your bike March,

What a effin joke.
Fact is deep down Sheeds knows he is not up to the task otherwise he would have gone through this process.

Look at what the Bombers players are saying re Knighter compared with Sheeds unfruitful final years at Essendon.
He had a great run but the modern game has caught up with this former great coach. Melbourne too saw his time is up.

How about channelling your energies towards something positive and help the RFC come together as one instead of being forever divisive. :banghead :banghead :banghead

he hasnt been promised anything, and he wont get the job next year, so again, you are WRONG.

You might find he was promised, thus his release from his contract at the Western Bulldogs. Clubs wouldnt release coaches from an assistants role to go to another assistants role, how stupid are you. ::)

you are calling me stupid

you have been shooting your mouth off for the last 5 years and havent got 1 prediction right, and I'm stupid. No wonder your voluntary unpaid work was no longer required by the rfc, you arent very bright are you jack, or is that tigerinthetank or whatever you wanna call yourself, go crawl under a rock like your mates sheeds and KB.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #1082 on: July 13, 2009, 10:38:37 AM »
TOTALLY AGREE.
On your bike March,

What a effin joke.

you are calling me stupid

you have been shooting your mouth off for the last 5 years and havent got 1 prediction right, and I'm stupid. No wonder your voluntary unpaid work was no longer required by the rfc, you arent very bright are you jack, or is that tigerinthetank or whatever you wanna call yourself, go crawl under a rock like your mates sheeds and KB.

Your funny, wasnt unpaid for starters.
I just better look at the ladder to see where we are, just excuse me or a minute :wallywink

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1083 on: July 13, 2009, 10:59:55 AM »

I thought Sheeds had the job sewn up? ;)

Moi

« Reply #1084 on: July 13, 2009, 11:01:05 AM »

I thought Sheeds had the job sewn up? ;)
Good question lol

Jackstar is back

« Reply #1085 on: July 13, 2009, 11:05:06 AM »
who knows?
One thing though, I am sick and tired of not being successful and not playing finals, that is something we all agree on.
And we are playing finals and arent being successful, you need changes.
There needs to be a complete change of Culture and roles at the club. We all agree ???

Moi

« Reply #1086 on: July 13, 2009, 11:11:43 AM »
There needs to be a complete change of Culture and roles at the club. We all agree ???
Yes, definitely agree
Get rid of all the troublemakers around the club who jump on internet sites and start trashing the joint
That's a culture we definitely don't need  :banghead

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1087 on: July 13, 2009, 11:17:35 AM »
One thing though, I am sick and tired of not being successful and not playing finals, that is something we all agree on.

I totally agree and that is why we are having a comprehensive review of the football department!

Off field we haven't been in such good shape for years.
Craigieburn.
Record memberships.
Reducing depts.
Aborininal Institute.
Punt Road Redevelopment.

etc. etc. etc.

This is the realm of March and Wright & the board. They are kicking goals on this front.
We finally seem to have a professional team in place.

There are some positive signs on field for the future IMO. It seems we have finally opened our eyes that there are no shortcuts.
Desperately need to get this right but give them a chance to fix what's been broke since before they were there for the past 5 years.

You talk about culture.
Well a change of culture means that splintered factions put their tail between their legs and put faith in those who are trying to genuinely steer this pooheap in the right direction.

We don't need change Jackie..we need support and unification.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1088 on: July 13, 2009, 11:25:03 AM »
Great post MM, agree 110%.   :clapping

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1089 on: July 13, 2009, 12:04:44 PM »
some people seemto have backed the wrong horse. :lol

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1090 on: July 13, 2009, 01:02:58 PM »
You talk about culture.
Well a change of culture means that splintered factions put their tail between their legs and put faith in those who are trying to genuinely steer this pooheap in the right direction.

Aint that the truth and wouldn't it make a bloody good change  :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1091 on: July 13, 2009, 05:47:32 PM »

I totally agree and that is why we are having a comprehensive review of the football department!

Off field we haven't been in such good shape for years.
Craigieburn.
Record memberships.
Reducing depts.
Aborininal Institute.
Punt Road Redevelopment.

etc. etc. etc.

This is the realm of March and Wright & the board. They are kicking goals on this front.
We finally seem to have a professional team in place.

There are some positive signs on field for the future IMO. It seems we have finally opened our eyes that there are no shortcuts.
Desperately need to get this right but give them a chance to fix what's been broke since before they were there for the past 5 years.

You talk about culture.

:clapping

Whell said and very timely MM.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1092 on: July 13, 2009, 07:59:59 PM »
Walls asked Lloyd on OWAAT if Sheeds could still be a senior coach at AFL level?

Lloyd replied not at Richmond. Sheeds would be better suited to the new teams such as Western Sydney.

Lloyd said he always thought the younger coach was the way to go. At Essendon in the latter years under Sheeds they struggled with the gameplan and handling flooding, zoning, etc. He also said the development of the younger guys coming through helps too.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1093 on: July 13, 2009, 08:23:12 PM »
Walls asked Lloyd on OWAAT if Sheeds could still be a senior coach at AFL level?

Lloyd replied not at Richmond. Sheeds would be better suited to the new teams such as Western Sydney.

Lloyd said he always thought the younger coach was the way to go. At Essendon in the latter years under Sheeds they struggled with the gameplan and handling flooding, zoning, etc. He also said the development of the younger guys coming through helps too.
A common theme from Bomber players.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Sheedy past coaching top side, says Lloyd (Age)
« Reply #1094 on: July 14, 2009, 06:02:54 AM »
Sheedy past coaching top side, says Lloyd
Samantha Lane | July 14, 2009

MATTHEW Lloyd last night said that Kevin Sheedy lost his magic touch in his final years at Essendon, claimed that he struggled to cope with the demands of the modern game, and said that his former mentor would not fit as a senior coach of any Melbourne side.

In an interview on One HD's One Week at a Time, Lloyd was questioned about his old mentor, who this week pulled out of the coaching race at Richmond, and said that in Sheedy's later years the Bombers struggled to deal with tactics such as flooding.

Lloyd, Sheedy's captain in his final two seasons at the club, also said there were problems with the former coach's game plan and style.

Asked by panellist Robert Walls whether Sheedy had lost it as a coach in his final four or five years at Windy Hill, Lloyd said: "Maybe for the older players he did, but I wouldn't say for the younger players, they basically didn't know any different.

"There were a few technical type of things, maybe numbers behind the ball and flooding and all those type of things that we probably struggled to deal with. But also, in the influx of younger players coming through, the game has … helped us beat that tactic … so it can have to do with your personnel."

Lloyd confessed he began to think late in Sheedy's reign that a younger coach would be better for the Dons and that he now sees him as a viable coaching option only for one of the new AFL teams.

"Not at Richmond. I think ideally for one of the Western Sydney and Gold Coast (teams)," Lloyd said when asked whether Sheedy was still capable of senior coaching next year.

"I felt as time went on that maybe the younger coaches were the way to go and so Matthew Knights has been ideal for our group, but for one of the growing sides I'd say yes, but for a Melbourne side I'd say no."

Sheedy publicly announced his desire to be the next Richmond coach but the 27-season Essendon coach announced that he was withdrawing his application on the weekend.

"At no stage would I really want to be coaching while Gary March is president," said Sheedy. "I didn't realise he had said on The Footy Show that I would not coach while he is there.

"I feel awkward that I've embarrassed myself and the club. I had not known that was said. I'm putting my hand down so I don't cause a revolution. I actually thought I'd be a revelation."

Sheedy did not rule out a return to coaching at some stage. "I could easily say give me a ring in two or three years I'll only still be a baby."

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/sheedy-past-it-says-lloyd/2009/07/13/1247337079359.html