Author Topic: Kevin Sheedy threads [merged]  (Read 63074 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Kevin Sheedy Cup
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2007, 09:01:04 PM »
They may well have MT but is that what Sheeds really wants  ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2007, 09:16:39 PM »
Nup. He'd want to break Jock McHale's record and I'd reckon like Jock at the one club. I don't see him leaving. He loves Essendon. More wishful thinking by the same old faceless ones at Richmond  :yawn.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2007, 09:28:55 PM »
Nup. He'd want to break Jock McHale's record and I'd reckon like Jock at the one club. I don't see him leaving. He loves Essendon. More wishful thinking by the same old faceless ones at Richmond  :yawn.

You know I am very tired (can one get jet lagged from flying Melb to Perth return in 1 day ???) but I have to say this ... :help

I am sick to death of these faceless people saying they care so much about this footy club. If they really cared then they wouldn't continue down the path of stirring and agendas of division that could and will tear this club apart yet again.

trust me I don't like losing - sick of it to be honest with you. But guess what I flew to Perth on SUnday and watched a really young team serve it up to one of the so called favourites in the comp. They played great footy and if what I witneseed yesterday is what we've got to look forward to then I reckon it's bloody exciting and I know I want to be part of it - do the faceless want to?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Life goes on

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2007, 09:37:39 PM »

Have you actually thought he might want a change of scenery.
And it might be time for Essendon to get a new coach.
Loving Essendon, gee you make heaps a assumptions.
He is a Ricmond Team of the Century player as is Merv keane and Matty Knights.. Wouldnt think the faceless people who ever they might be mighten be involved. What happens if wallace walks at years end when they havent won a game, now thats possible!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 10:03:45 PM by Jackstar »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 09:58:44 PM »

He is a Ricmond Team of the Century player as is Merv keane and Matty Knights.. Wouldnt think the faceless people who ever they mighten be mighten be involved. What happens if wallace walks at years end when they havent won a game, now thats possible!
He barracked for the bombers growing up and has been there 27 years as coach. Hardly an assumption to say he loves Essendon. He's had plenty of chances to change scenery in that time especially to Richmond and in a final year of a contract but has always chosen Essendon.

Yep Wallace will walk away from a $$$ contract with still 2 years to go and a up and coming side. And you accuse me of making assumptions  :rollin. I can't see Terry voluntarily quitting as a wooden spoon coach. His ego wouldn't allow it.

Ramps

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2007, 09:59:59 PM »
Sheeds will know that when Hird, Lloyd, Fletcher, Johnson and co leave Essendon will be going backwards for a while. If Wallace does leave, the sheeds might say...well I'll have pick 1 and Ill have 17 and 18 and Ill get first dibs at the PSD and Ill have Deledio, Tambling and co. to work with...you never know, maybe he'll pick us right at the time when the club will really start to move forward, especially with the new early picks coming to the club.

Life goes on

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2007, 10:09:30 PM »
The timing would be right.

As for Terry walking, lets just wait and see.
He might concede that he isnt getting the best out of the current player group.  If I remember right, he bailed out of the Western Bulldogs in a similar situation. ::)
Lets see what happens at years end if the dont win a game.
Just had a good look at the draw.
Port Adelaide round 15 and round 22 against the saints if this can still field a team, the saints that is. are the only winnable games i reckon.

Life goes on

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2007, 10:10:53 PM »

He is a Ricmond Team of the Century player as is Merv keane and Matty Knights.. Wouldnt think the faceless people who ever they mighten be mighten be involved. What happens if wallace walks at years end when they havent won a game, now thats possible!
He barracked for the bombers growing up and has been there 27 years as coach. Hardly an assumption to say he loves Essendon. He's had plenty of chances to change scenery in that time especially to Richmond and in a final year of a contract but has always chosen Essendon.

Yep Wallace will walk away from a $$$ contract with still 2 years to go and a up and coming side. And you accuse me of making assumptions  :rollin. I can't see Terry voluntarily quitting as a wooden spoon coach. His ego wouldn't allow it.

I can tell you fact that is was RFC problem that he didnt go back 3 years ago, NOT SHEEDS!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2007, 10:53:57 PM »
We had the second youngest and second least experienced (by a significant number) side on the weekend. Brisbane only below us by (4 months and 4 games on average less). Maybe Matthews should walk away too  ::). That won't be the case in 2-3 years time and unlike the dogs in 2002 who were coming off a semi-successful period, we'll be increasing our resources not reducing them.

I'm more concerned of us winning more than 3 games in the second half of the year and losing our PP than zero wins especially if Simmo returns in a month's time so we're not annihlated around the stoppages.

Sheeds needs just 91 games to pass McHale. Lloyd and Lucas will last around that long.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2007, 11:02:24 PM »

I can tell you fact that is was RFC problem that he didnt go back 3 years ago, NOT SHEEDS!

He could have left in 87, 91, 97, 99, etc... when some at Essendon didn't want him but he stayed. He's a cunny fox  ;).

Life goes on

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2007, 08:44:12 AM »
Yeah , he didnt leave , too busy winning premierships at the time

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2007, 10:23:43 AM »

He is a Ricmond Team of the Century player as is Merv keane and Matty Knights.. Wouldnt think the faceless people who ever they might be mighten be involved. What happens if wallace walks at years end when they havent won a game, now thats possible!

jack this is one situation were you are clearly wrong.

Sheeds couldnt give a stuff about richmond, and the only reason he would come back is if the bummers give him the ar$e. It is all a moot point anyway, because I can guarantee everyone in this forum, that even if plough loses every game from here on, he will be coach next year, and that is a fact !!!!

But as for sheedy, give me a break, the bummers are screwed, worse off than richmond even, in two years they are gunna spend probly 5 years on the bottom of the ladder, their best players are Michael ( 29 ) Lucas (30 ) Fletcher ( 32 ) LLoyd ( 29 ) JJ ( 29) Hird
 ( 34 ) Campo ( 32 ) their centre to centre line will be retired in 2 years and they have nothing, absolutely nothing coming through, Kepler Bradley makes Luke Mcguane look like Peter Knights. Absolutely screwed as a club, through poor recruiting, Sheeds is definetly not an improvement, he would be a  step back, and that saying something from a club that hasnt won a game in 3 months.

Sheedy and the bummers deserve each other, lets hope they sign him  up lonng term, absolutely screwed as a club , absolutely screwed.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2007, 11:44:47 AM »
Maybe we should have a competition on OER to see who is right at the end of the season.  Jack or Blaisee.  Winner could get a big bottle of wine or something and huge wraps on OER (or in Jack's case a big apology).

Life goes on

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2007, 12:01:39 PM »
we will see

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2007, 12:04:45 PM »
Bring it on

I will just settle for jack admitting that he has a caro Wilson fetish !