Author Topic: Should Frawley stay on until the end of the season?  (Read 1904 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Should Frawley stay on until the end of the season?
« on: July 26, 2004, 03:00:18 AM »
I voted for him to stay on. For the very reason we need that priority draft pick and I don't want Brittain to take over and we fluke a couple of wins. Let's just take our medicine no matter how bad it tastes and in 5 weeks time Danny, Brittain and Co will be gone.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

froars

Re: Should Frawley stay on until the end of the season?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 09:08:48 AM »
Watching the replay last night, the commentators were calling for Tommy to come in as caretaker coach till the end of the season.  Now, they may have been being facetious, and as much as i think Tommy's past his prime in league coachiing, i can't see the harm in bringing him in for the last couple of weeks to instill some of his philosophies he used when he coached the club?

I love Tommy.  I also notice whenever you hear them speak, the open adoration and admiration he receives from his former players.  Make a great video too i reckon a la Crawford lol

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 12:35:59 PM »
Sorry guys as much as you all want the picks, he has to go. This is ridiculously painful. There is 5 weeks to go and this could get really really nasty.

Dud, just leave.....please just leave
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 01:52:01 PM »
What's 5 weeks when we've put up with his crap for 5 years? We're on the home stretch now folks, hang in there....

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2004, 02:21:44 PM »
Watching the replay last night, the commentators were calling for Tommy to come in as caretaker coach till the end of the season.  Now, they may have been being facetious, and as much as i think Tommy's past his prime in league coachiing, i can't see the harm in bringing him in for the last couple of weeks to instill some of his philosophies he used when he coached the club?

I love Tommy.  I also notice whenever you hear them speak, the open adoration and admiration he receives from his former players.  Make a great video too i reckon a la Crawford lol

Hafey was on with KB this morning. The passion this guy has for Richmond is as always fantastic and sadly lacking at the Club at this point in time. Funny how we once were accused of having too much passion  :P. I love how Hafey focuses on the 1%ers and showing some urgency which we struggle badly at. When things are going a cropper and everything seems complicated you need to go back to footy basics and make sure you're doing them right. He said he won't do a fill-in roll but I would definitely at least ask him if he wanted to be a development coach. Our side would definitely become a more disciplined and accountable one under Hafey.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2004, 03:14:41 PM »
I dont care how much of a nice person frawley is
I hate the prik.
He symbolises,now,and always has,Loser !!!!!!!!

Amazing what people will put up with when you're stupid and nice.

He should never coach again,it's too damaging on the individuals psychie.

I say send him packing.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2004, 03:33:30 PM »
He said he won't do a fill-in roll but I would definitely at least ask him if he wanted to be a development coach. Our side would definitely become a more disciplined and accountable one under Hafey.

Development coach - maybe?  What about Motivational Coach ;)

A man who just commands respect  :bow :bow

I wonder if things may have turned out differently for Danny Frawley if he had Tommy Hafey as a mentor for the first couple of years - rather than Tony Jewell - just a thought
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)