Author Topic: Ins and outs for this week?  (Read 4747 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Ins and outs for this week?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2004, 05:02:09 PM »
Good to see Kyle is now over his OP and free to play. I wonder if he'll play for Coburg this week.

1/2 a game for the Coburg seconds would be my guess :thumbsup

Something tells me that was more than a guess WP :lol
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2004, 05:46:13 PM »
In - Morrison, Tuck, Raines, Gilmour
Out - Jackson, Roach, Fiora, Houlihan

WTF did we recruit Marsh, Weller and Fletcher ?

WTF !!!!

You just need to look at these guys at training for 5 mins to realise they are not up to it.

This is why i question Miller.  Did he even see them before he gave the OK to draft them.  Would have rathered 3 more 18 year olds on the list.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2004, 08:01:20 PM »
Harry, I know they're monkeys and we only pay them peanuts..... you only have to put these guys on a 1 year contract, if they don't work out then out they go! Kids you have to put on for 2 years.

Offline wrennyboy

• Future Richmond star
  • Captain Coughlan
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2004, 08:11:59 PM »
Richmond will allow teenager Daniel Jackson to miss Saturday's clash against arch-rivals Collingwood at the MCG in order for him to play with his school - Carey Grammar - one last time.

The Tigers have decided on the move as a show of faith towards the school, for steering a player they believe is destined for a 10-year career at Punt Road towards an AFL career.

Jackson, 18, has made a huge impact in his two games to date and has already been compared to a young Justin Leppitsch.

But instead of taking on the Pies in front of 50,000 fans at the MCG on Saturday, the Year 12 student will play for Carey Grammar against Scotch College.

"He goes with best wishes from us and while it's disappointing for us he won't play this week, he will be back the week after," Frawley said of Jackson at training on Tuesday.

"It just shows he is a kid of great character and it's pretty selfless to go back and play with his schoolmates one last time."

"He wouldn’t be playing footy if it wasn't for Carey because he was keen to play soccer and basketball when he was in years seven and eight but Richmond supporters over the next ten to 12 years will be glad he chose football, after what we have seen in the past two weeks."

It is not the first time an AFL player has missed a match because of school footy commitments with Essendon's Dustin Fletcher missing a game in similar circumstances in 1993.

Frawley said it was the emergence of youngsters such as Jackson, Tom Roach, Kelvin Moore and Brent Hartigan that had enabled him to maintain his enthusiasm for his job - despite the Tigers' nine match losing streak and the knowledge he won't be coaching the side next year.

This is in stark contrast to Hawthorn's Peter Schwab, who left the Hawks on Wednesday, just days after learning he would not be coach next year and Adelaide's Gary Ayres, who left the club immediately after being told he would not be re-appointed for 2005 earlier this season.

"I am really excited by our youngsters and how they are going and I am encouraged by the players' work ethic and the way they are applying themselves," Frawley said.

"With Peter Schwab his circumstances were different to mine and give him the respect he deserves because he is a champion person and a great servant of football."

Frawley said the Tigers were likely to regain skipper Wayne Campbell and possibly Nathan Brown from injury this week, while Darren Gaspar was a strong chance to return from the VFL.

However reigning club champion Mark Coughlan - who hasn’t played since round five due to groin problems - is likely to spend another week with Coburg in the VFL.

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=162617

So that means.

In: Campbell
Out: Jackson

Leave browny till he is cherry ripe :shh
wrenny

Bulluss

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2004, 09:46:01 PM »
WTF did we recruit Marsh, Weller and Fletcher ?

i Cant really comment on Weller and Fletcher, but i would say that Miller had no say in Marsh. They match comm. was really keen to get another ruckman in there to cover for any injuries like we had to any of our other rucks like last season.

Not that i agree with it.

I think that it is time for Morrison to play the last 5 games and also the same applies for Tuck.

My Ins: Tuck, Morrison, Campbell if fit

Outs: Jackson, Fiora, Houlihan

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2004, 10:03:19 AM »
I think that it is time for Morrison to play the last 5 games and also the same applies for Tuck.

Gotta agree with that, especially about TUckerbag....I dont know why he got dropped last week (and for Chaffey!!!)
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2004, 09:56:27 PM »
Im a big Morrison fan.Good hands and a nice kick.
Would love to see him in.
Anyone know of his recent form for Coburg?
I would also like Tuck back and debut Gilmour.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2004, 09:53:13 AM »
Im a big Morrison fan.

Anyone know of his recent form for Coburg?

Wasn't in Tassie last week  ;D  but he did get named in the best players. I got told it was the best game he's played in weeks.

Last game I saw against Springvale he was really struggling - couldn't hold his marks and his kicking for goal was bad - sorely down on confidence. Prior to that against Ballarat hew was good in really bad conditions.

It doesn't help when you make a lead and your teammates kick a metre in front of you or over your head - just ask Richo :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2004, 03:52:16 PM »
Cambo in for sure this week.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2004, 04:01:34 PM »
Morrison was serving a 2 week suspension prior to last week's game in Tassie.
I too hope he is given another chance.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2004, 08:20:22 PM »
Thanx WP and Fishfinger for that info.
I dont have much time to get to Coburg games due to work commitments so I appreciate the info from people such as yourselves :thumbsup