Author Topic: North Ballarat vs Coburg Tigers (ABC tv game)  (Read 7593 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: North Ballarat vs Coburg Tigers (ABC tv game)
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2007, 02:56:55 PM »
Neville goals. Coburg playing much better last 10 mins

Coburg 10.9-69
NB      11.10-76

Goals: Kingsley 2, Moore 2, Gazzo 2, Neville 2, Hartigan, Schulz

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2007, 02:58:10 PM »
McGuane off with some knee injury  :(

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
3QT: Coburg down by 9
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2007, 03:05:04 PM »
Geez Sarge is having a shocker. Had a open man 30m out yet goes long to a contest in the square.

3/4 time

Coburg 3.1  7.4   10.10-70
NB       2.7  8.9    11.13-79

Goals: Kingsley 2, Moore 2, Gazzo 2, Neville 2, Hartigan, Schulz

Edwards had a blinder that quarter. Jack took charge as well. Both got us back into the game.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2007, 03:29:34 PM »
Coburg   12.12-84
NB          15.14-104

Goals: Kingsley 3, Moore 2, Gazzo 2, Neville 2, Riewoldt, Hartigan, Schulz

Kingsley had the chance to put us in front yet wimped it, passed it off and turned it over. The Roosters have got the last 3 goals. Good-bye Kent.

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2007, 03:33:41 PM »
Kingsley

Couldn't agree more - he's a full forward, had a mark 40 to 45 metres out and had have no confidence in his ability to kick the goal. It cost Coburg the game - we were 3 points down. He has no future with RFC.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2007, 03:40:02 PM »
Kingsley

Couldn't agree more - he's a full forward, had a mark 40 to 45 metres out and had have no confidence in his ability to kick the goal. It cost Coburg the game - we were 3 points down. He has no future with RFC.

I think that is a foregone conclusion  ::)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Coburg lost by 20 points
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2007, 03:44:37 PM »
Final Score

Coburg 3.1  7.4   10.10   13.14-92
NB       2.7  8.9   11.13   16.16-112

Goals: Kingsley 3, Moore 2, Gazzo 2, Neville 2, Schulz 2.3, Riewoldt, Hartigan

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2007, 03:49:15 PM »
2007 TRUenergy VFL Reserves

North Ballarat   2.0  5.3  10.3  13.6 (84)
Coburg Tigers   1.5  4.7  12.9  19.9 (123)

GOALS:
North Ballarat: Micallef 5 Horbury 2 Searle  Gilmour  Schultz  McDougall  Hutchison  Limb
Coburg Tigers: Currie 5 Rayson 3 Hill 2 Dagher 2 Robertson 2 Caruso  De Sousa  Krojs  Morgan  McErlain

BEST:
North Ballarat: Micallef Schultz Head Spolding Raworth Gilmour
Coburg Tigers: Caruso Currie Morgan Carrick Sewell Hill

did peterson play?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2007, 04:29:46 PM »
Shocking discipline from Coburg today. Both in terms of giving away stupid frees and 50s and doing the team things. The ump was whistle happy but we didn't make it hard for them. Andy Collins would be roperable.

Jack was best of the RFC players IMO. Had an impact at both ends and stood out for the whole 4 quarters. 20+ possies.

Edwards was a typical classy 18 year old. Stood out in his 3rd quarter cameo where he almost single-handedly kept Coburg in it with his breaking of the lines and creativity. Solid first quarter. Didn't see much of him in the 2nd and last although he was still chasing. As he matures he'll last the 4 quarters. Still got around 20 possies.

Connors was good up until he took that screamer then tried to do the mercurial things after that instead of K.I.S.S. That 50m penalty he gave away where he shoved the ball in his opponents face after giving away the free showed he had lost his head. Had roughly 16 possies.

Moore was good in the first quarter but didn't have much impact after that. He probably did his job as I don't think his direct opponent got away from him.

Simmo got through which was good to see. It looked like he played about half the game all up. Had 14 possies to 3/4 time.

McGuane wasn't too bad before he went off injured.

Graham tried hard (kicking still very iffy  :-\) but his and Simmo's dominance in the ruck wasn't used by our runners except Edwards and Neville. North Ballarat were harder at it and won more of the stoppages.

Kingsley - As mentioned that non-shot which could have put us in front means bye-bye. As a senior player it was unforgivable. We want players who take the responsibility and want to take ownership of the game when it is up for grabs. I only saw that from Jack and Edwards today.

Schulz - shocker.

Meyer - was he out there?! 2 marks, 2 kicks I think. Both he and Sarge aren't doing themselves favours if they want to be at Punt Rd in 2008.

JON - I know he's playing without a preseason so I'm not too critical if he struggles physically or fitness-wise but how he was considered a first round pick by most junior watches and phantom drafts (not just us) with his kicking technique/decision making is hard to fathom. A later pick sure as the other parts of his game have a lot of upside but not first round. Seems they mainly went on his very clean hands, athleticism and lightning pace. Sorry for being harsh and it's not his fault he was chosen a pick 8 but top 10 picks shouldn't have question marks over their kicking.

Harts - hardly sighted. Another who looks like he won't be around next year.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 04:44:07 PM by one-eyed »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2007, 04:39:38 PM »
2007 TRUenergy VFL Reserves

did peterson play?
Yeah X. Both Peterson and Tas.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2007, 04:42:33 PM »
2007 TRUenergy VFL Seniors

North Ballarat   2.7  8.9  11.13  16.16 (112)
Coburg Tigers   3.1  7.4  10.10  13.14 (92)

GOALS:
North Ballarat: Gregg 3 Hughes 3 Whyman 2 Urch 2 Dinnell 2 Clifton 2 Searl  Goodes
Coburg Tigers: Kingsley 3 Neville 2 Gazzo 2 Moore 2 Riewoldt 2 Schulz  Hartigan

BEST:
North Ballarat: Whyman Hughes Stephenson Searl Feery Green
Coburg Tigers: Silvester Graham Edwards Neville Moore Caruso

http://reg.sportingpulse.com/olr_v3/rpt_progressive.cgi?a=MR_&aID=8&ext=1&mID=2522&cn=2007%20TRUenergy%20VFL%20Seniors

Gordon Bennett

Re: 3QT: Coburg down by 9
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2007, 05:06:27 PM »
Geez Sarge is having a shocker. Had a open man 30m out yet goes long to a contest in the square.
Yeah - saw that myself and wondered what he was doing.

I can see your point about JON, MT, about his kicking/decision-making and being a top 10 pick. We'll just have to hope that he'll develop in those areas over the next 18mths.

Meyer - dear me, he just doesn't believe in himself, it seems.His body language suggests to me that he's not confident and not happy, which is the same that many others his age show in everyday life. Maybe he's just not cut out for AFL footy. Maybe he'll give the game away and travel the world at 21 years of age.Whatever it is, it just ain't working.

Edwards and Reiwoldt had "the vibe" at times, much more than their mates who have been in the system longer.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2007, 05:15:53 PM »
Meyer - was he out there?! 2 marks, 2 kicks I think. Both he and Sarge aren't doing themselves favours if they want to be at Punt Rd in 2008.

And a handpass.  ;)

In the last quarter gave JoN a hospital handpass so he just had to throw it on the boot and it was smothered.  :scream
EAT EM ALIVE!

Ox

Re: 3QT: Coburg down by 9
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2007, 05:52:10 PM »
Yeah - saw that myself and wondered what he was doing.

I can see your point about JON, MT, about his kicking/decision-making and being a top 10 pick. We'll just have to hope that he'll develop in those areas over the next 18mths.

Meyer - dear me, he just doesn't believe in himself, it seems.His body language suggests to me that he's not confident and not happy, which is the same that many others his age show in everyday life. Maybe he's just not cut out for AFL footy. Maybe he'll give the game away and travel the world at 21 years of age.Whatever it is, it just ain't working.

well said

Ramps

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2007, 07:08:33 PM »
Schulz is finished at Richmond for mine. Meyer has ability but has lost his confidence. I tuned out at half time coz the match was rubbish and no one was showing anything. Edwards should be playing in the seniors, Riewoldt also needs to be given another go for his future development. Kingsley should retire on Monday and as theres been no appearance from Knoble either he should join him in retiring.