Author Topic: North Ballarat vs Coburg Tigers (ABC tv game)  (Read 7685 times)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: North Ballarat vs Coburg Tigers (ABC tv game)
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2007, 11:33:02 PM »
JON - ....... Seems they mainly went on his very clean hands, athleticism and lightning pace. Sorry for being harsh and it's not his fault he was chosen a pick 8 but top 10 picks shouldn't have question marks over their kicking.

pace, what pace, everyone talks up about how fast he is and meantto be faster than deledio, but we never ever see him use his pace, starting to even doubt if he has pace

think we really buggered up this pick, but i will be glad to be proven wrong

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Roosters' best too good for Coburg (The Age)
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2007, 03:01:46 AM »
Roosters' best too good for Coburg
June 24, 2007 | The Age | Sean Cusick

NORTH Ballarat has finally strung two victories together, beating Coburg yesterday by 20 points in a tough and disciplined display.

Despite looking one of the danger teams this year, the Roosters have struggled with consistency, with a vast difference between their best and worst.

But they looked super impressive against a Coburg outfit that beat them by three goals in round two and was boosted yesterday by the return from injury of regular Richmond ruckman Troy Simmonds.

North ran hard, was always at the bottom of the packs and withstood a final-quarter fightback by slamming on three unanswered goals.

North had all the play early, but struggled in front of goals with 2.7. After the Tigers kicked two late goals, they had levelled the scores at the first break.

The Roosters gained ascendancy with Djaran Whyman and Ben Hughes both kicking two goals in the second quarter as the margin swelled to 23 points early in the third. But the Tigers kept coming and, when Alistair Neville bounced one through from outside 50, the three-quarter-time difference was just nine points.

Kent Kingsley had a chance to take the lead 10 minutes into the final quarter when he marked within range, but came unstuck with an errant short pass. The quick North rebound saw small forward Stephen Dinnell set up a Robbie Gregg goal that sealed the win for the home side.

The Roosters were rock-solid in defence, with Kangaroo defender Kasey Green providing run and carry out of the danger zone.

At full-back, captain Shaune Moloney contributed yet another inspirational four-quarter performance.

For Coburg, Neville worked feverishly and Jack Riewoldt was good in the air and unselfish in front of goal.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/roosters-best-too-good-for-coburg/2007/06/23/1182019432079.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2007, 03:10:45 AM »
Simmonds chance for Richmond recall
24 June 2007   Sunday Herald Sun
Howard Leigh

TIGER Troy Simmonds ... made [a] successful comeback from injury in the VFL seniors ... at North Ballarat yesterday.

Simmonds, 28, successfully negotiated 60 minutes of football after being sidelined with a serious ankle injury since the Round 6 match against Geelong.

Staking a claim for a recall for Saturday night's clash against St Kilda at Telstra Dome, he amassed 11 possessions, six handballs, six marks and 15 effective hitouts.

But his return was not enough to lift the Coburg Tigers to victory over North Ballarat, the home side winning 16.16 (112) to 13.14 (92).

"I felt really good and I didn't feel any pain from my right ankle, which I fractured during preseason in January," Simmonds said. "Hopefully, I will get a game next week."

Simmonds said there was a positive feeling in the rooms before the game in the wake of Richmond's Friday night win against the Demons.

"All the boys were feeling good, but we were not able to translate it out on the field," he said.

"We were too undisciplined and gave away too many free kicks."

Coburg coach Andy Collins said he had no doubt Simmonds would quickly claim a place back in the Richmond side.

"He was a dominant big man on the ground," Collins said. "I'm sure if we had him on the field for the duration of the game it might have been a different result."

Richmond first-year player Jack Riewoldt, 18, had 23 possessions and 13 marks after starting at centre half-back and moving into the forward line.

Discarded Richmond forward Kent Kingsley finished with 3.1 from nine possessions at full-forward, but made a crucial turnover 11 minutes into the final quarter when his side was three points behind and had all the momentum.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21956516%255E19742,00.html

blx

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2007, 11:40:20 AM »
think we really buggered up this pick, but i will be glad to be proven wrong[/glow]

Ahhhh the ole "bag then brag" line. Happy to bag the crap out of a player but then happy to brag about him too.

nothing personal xXx but i just hate it when people roll out this line. Its like a strong argument against something with conviction and vindication but then the whole argument gets thrown out the door when you say "oh but im glad to be proven wrong" ?????????

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2007, 12:00:22 PM »
Schulz is finished at Richmond for mine. Meyer has ability but has lost his confidence. I tuned out at half time coz the match was rubbish and no one was showing anything. Edwards should be playing in the seniors, Riewoldt also needs to be given another go for his future development. Kingsley should retire on Monday and as theres been no appearance from Knoble either he should join him in retiring.

ditto

Offline Officer Barbrady

• Tiger Rookie
  • OK, move along people nothing to see here.........
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2007, 03:00:16 PM »
So to anyone who saw him, how did Peterson go in the Reserves? I'm really excited about this kid.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2007, 03:11:53 PM »
So to anyone who saw him, how did Peterson go in the Reserves? I'm really excited about this kid.

didn't see him but most likely didn't play a good game. Not in the goals or the bests

Life goes on

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2007, 03:33:50 PM »
Kingsley

Couldn't agree more - he's a full forward, had a mark 40 to 45 metres out and had have no confidence in his ability to kick the goal. It cost Coburg the game - we were 3 points down. He has no future with RFC.

Should never been drafted in the first place, should of taken a young kid instead. Have said from day one he is no good!
As for Schultz , shouldnt be on the Richmond list,  1 game doesnt make a career.( Brisbane game kicked 6 a few years ago-done nothing since other to get in Richos ways)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2007, 04:47:40 PM »
Collier would have been nice in the PSD last year

Life goes on

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2007, 05:11:27 PM »
Funny thing about Kingsley though, i was on holidays in QLD last November and bumped into an assistant coach from Geelong. He said after a few beers that is was laughable that Kingsley would get picked up again as he said he was finished at AFL level and actually struggled for Geelong 2nds during the year (2006). Said that his kicking had got worse but his biggest problem that he had very little core strength and was easily pushed aside in marking contests.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2007, 05:17:27 PM »
Was an absolutely shocking game. Fortunately I've finally managed to defrost ;D

The lack of discipline was terrible.

Dan Connors may have taken mark of the year but big deal. His lack of accountability and resepct to his opponent and his lack of discipline was unacceptable

Danny Meyer - I don't know if it is a confidence thing maybe it goes the other way - perhaps Danny thinks he is too good to be playing VFL. He should take a leaf out of Jack's book and learn to bust his guts. Fancy letting Tommoy roach run off you  :P

Actually perhaps Danny and Jay should just look at Simmo - went out there to play and did what he should have done - and looked heads and shoulders above everyone else but more importantly looked like he wanted to be there

Carl Peterson - saw part of the ressie game. Getting better all the time - just needs games in the legs I reckon. Would have been a good test for him the ground was quite heavy under foot
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2007, 05:18:44 PM »
JON - ....... Seems they mainly went on his very clean hands, athleticism and lightning pace. Sorry for being harsh and it's not his fault he was chosen a pick 8 but top 10 picks shouldn't have question marks over their kicking.

pace, what pace, everyone talks up about how fast he is and meantto be faster than deledio, but we never ever see him use his pace, starting to even doubt if he has pace
JON showed it against Essendon in the Dreamtime game last year when he left everyone for dead to kick that winning point. We probably won't see much of it this year as he had no preseason due to shin splints.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Life goes on

« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2007, 05:20:32 PM »
Hey WP, you mention about Danny and Jay should have a look at Simmo, the difference is that Simmo is an accomplished AFL player, the other 2 are VFL players who wont make the tranistion to AFL.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2007, 05:41:00 PM »
Hey WP, you mention about Danny and Jay should have a look at Simmo, the difference is that Simmo is an accomplished AFL player, the other 2 are VFL players who wont make the tranistion to AFL.

Good enough reason to have look at Simmo I would think Jack
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Life goes on

« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2007, 05:43:58 PM »

Good enough reason to have look at Simmo I would think Jack

Would think that Simmo would be straight with Danny and Jay seeing the season out and Coburg.
Anyway, just watching the Saints and Kosi is flying.