Author Topic: North Ballarat vs Coburg Tigers (ABC tv game)  (Read 7709 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: North Ballarat vs Coburg Tigers (ABC tv game)
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2007, 05:45:59 PM »
Yeah 6 goals up or something :chuck :chuck :chuck :chuck

Gawd I can't stand St Kilda
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Life goes on

« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2007, 05:48:43 PM »
There playing great footy actually

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2007, 07:13:40 PM »

WTF, they have been a rabble for most of the year but are playing superbly tonight. I'd say it would have to do with Harv's 350th but that would be an understatement  ;)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2007, 07:19:48 PM »

Have u ever said that about Richmond....
And then again, seeing you seem to be the guru of all that is AFL, why aren’t you coaching.

Maybe the reason some sides are not as good as they could be, is because they have people like you on the payroll.

NO poo you pee me off....

Life goes on

« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2007, 07:29:38 PM »

And then again, seeing you seem to be the guru of all that is AFL, why aren’t you coaching.

Maybe the reason some sides are not as good as they could be, is because they have people like you on the payroll.

NO pooh you pee me off....

Have actually coached and won 2  flags in the VAFL. :thumbsup
And I have said the tiges have played great footy, not this year though

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2007, 07:31:04 PM »

NO pooh you pee me off....

Have actually coached and won 2  flags in the VAFL. :thumbsup
And I have said the tiges have played great footy, not this year though

what about friday night was that to your liking  ;)

Life goes on

« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2007, 07:42:14 PM »
Wasnt bad actually, although the Demons were pretty bad.
Good thing about the tiges is that we outcoached the Demons and we moved the ball quick and continued to play fast transition football for most of the game. When we play tempo footy and slow the game down, it plays into the oppossition hands and they then get numbers back and our players arent skilled enough by foot to hit up targets inside F 50 when congested..
Interesting as well is that Brown can kick to the advantage of the player that he is kicking too. His skills are silky , It also shows up the lack of skills of his team mates who continue to miss hit -up targets

Bulluss

« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2007, 08:07:44 PM »
Interesting as well is that Brown can kick to the advantage of the player that he is kicking too. His skills are silky , It also shows up the lack of skills of his team mates who continue to miss hit -up targets

Brown actually made Richo run to a couple of spots in which he wasnt intending to lead to. Brown is an absolute gun and has a great football brain. He knew that he could get Richo running to to his advantage by kicking to certain spots.

Really thinks quick and sums up the situation very quickly  :thumbsup

Life goes on

« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2007, 08:15:41 PM »

Brown actually made Richo run to a couple of spots in which he wasnt intending to lead to. Brown is an absolute gun and has a great football brain. He knew that he could get Richo running to to his advantage by kicking to certain spots.

I actually had a drink on friday nite with one of Browny Ex-team mates.
Said that Browny was in a league of his own in regards to skills.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2007, 08:21:59 PM »

I actually have a drink on friday nite with one of Browny Ex-team mates.
Said that Browny was in a league of his own in regards to skills.

is that with respect to richmond or the AFL

Life goes on

« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2007, 08:23:28 PM »
AFL.
He said he was the best going around.
The player who I was drinking with is a star himself :shh

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2007, 08:26:52 PM »
AFL.
He said he was the best going around.
The player who I was drinking with is a star himself :shh

??? didn't you just say it was an ex-team mate or is there something subtle that I can't pick up  :lol

Life goes on

« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2007, 09:00:58 PM »
Western Bulldog currently playing

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2007, 01:17:38 PM »
Match Report Vs. North Ballarat
coburgtigers.footballvic.com.au

Coburg traveled to Austar Arena on Saturday to take on North Ballarat. It was the second time this season the two sides had met, the first going the Burgers way by three goals.

It was another cold day at Ballarat, although there was no breeze at all and according to the locals it was the nicest day of the week. The ground was in a muddy but serviceable condition, but throughout the match players constantly lost their feet on the spongy surface. Although it wasn’t always shown on the scoreboard, North Ballarat seemed to have control of the game for the entire match, and ran out 20 point winners.

1st Quarter

Al Neville gave the Burgers the perfect start as he snapped the first of the match within 90 seconds, only to see the Roosters kick two of their own in quick succession. Ballarat controlled the play for the next fifteen minutes but erratic kicking at goal saved Coburg as the Roosters kicked seven straight points. Jack Riewoldt and Daniel Connors were fantastic in the back half and collected 19 touches between them in the first quarter. Kelvin Moore kicked a tricky goal from the boundary, followed by a similar goal from Schultz late in the term to level the scores at the early break. North Ballarat had dominated the play; as the nine scoring shots to four suggests, but their conversion was atrocious.

¼ Time: Coburg 3.1 (19) North Ballarat 2.7 (19)

2nd Quarter

Joe Gazzo snapped an early goal for the Burgers, but controversial free kicks to the Roosters allowed them to hit back with two goals; similar to what happened in the first term. Kent Kingsley snagged two important goals for the quarter; both were excellent kicks on the run from outside 50m. However Coburg tempers began to flare as Ballarat kicked their third goal of the quarter courtesy of free kicks. Jarrod Silvester was fantastic deep in defence as he continuously marked the incoming Rooster kicks and he was well supported by Riewoldt, who stood tall in his role at Centre Half Back.
Kelvin Moore kicked his second late in the quarter to put the Burgers within eleven points at the main break.

½ Time: Coburg 7.4 (46) North Ballarat 8.9 (57)

3rd quarter

The Roosters came out firing and kicked two early goals, before Joe Gazzo ended a chain of handballs with Coburgs first for the quarter. 18 year old Shane Edwards was dynamic in the third term; his pace and skill excited the small crowd kept Coburg from slipping further behind. He set up Hartigan for a goal and created other opportunities that Coburg unfortunately didn’t take advantage of.

Al Neville’s fantastic work rate was rewarded in a goal to himself as he gathered the ball in the backline and kept running to get it back and kick accurately to put the Burgers only seven points down late in the term. Although Simmons and Graham dominated in the ruck, Ballarat’s midfield seemed to read the taps well and had dominated the clearances 14-7 at three quarter time.

¾ Time: Coburg 10.10 (70) North Ballarat 11.13 (79)

4th Quarter

After an early Rooster goal; Kingsley and Riewoldt goaled for the Burgers to put them within three points, and you got the feeling that the Burgers were about to run away with the game like they have done many times so far this season. However Hartigan and Kingsley missed opportunities from inside 50m and Ballarat punished them by running forward and kicking quick multiple goals to put the margin out of Coburg’s reach.

Jarrod Sylvester was brilliant at full back and took many contested marks for the match. Angus Graham won the ruck all day and was well supported by Troy Simmons who made a positive comeback and will only get better. Jack Riewoldt was again very solid at Centre Half Back, and moved forward in the second half and took multiple contested marks.
Coburg are back at home next week and face Port Melbourne in a tough match on Sunday 1st July.

http://coburgtigers.footballvic.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=122740