Author Topic: Win number 1  (Read 619 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Win number 1
« on: June 22, 2007, 11:47:38 PM »
A grat relief to get a win. However it was the way we won the game in the first half.
Great attacking footy with forward options that presented and played with smarts and vigor. The inclusion of Browny was absolutely sensational gave our forward line a new dimension by taking the best medium sized defender thus freeing up others mid size forwards like Hyde Tivendale when he drifted down and Pettifer. Richo was sensational although 3.6 could easily have been 6.3 but then again we exprct that from Richo and we love him wearing his heart on his sleeve. I thought the umpires were poor all night gave us some cheapies in the first half and evened up the discrepancy on Melbournes behalf in the second. Expected a third quarter come back from the Dees that did cause a heart flutter now and then but all in all a great effort for us to win and keep the margin at a sustainable one although a 70+ victory would have been more comprehensive but hey who am I to argue. Tiger Fans enjoy it. Surprised at the crowd figure thought there was no more than 35,000 present. Just got home and still on a high and enjoying the replay on foxtel. I will sleep well tonight.

Richmond    6.3.39   12. 8. 80   14. 12. 96    18. 16. 124
Melbourne  2.2.14      2.4. 16      8.   6. 54    11.  9.  75
Crowd 46,161

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Win number 1
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 07:07:14 AM »
The first of 3 for the year  ;D. Our priority pick is looking very shakey after that first half display.

The Dees were soft but I was still stunned at half-time by the high standard of our skill level, the teamwrok and support and the 1%ers. Amazing what happens when you hit your targets. Everyone in the team can run off their direct opponent with confidence without having to worry if their direct man will get on the end of a dumb turnover. The third quarter though was more like the Richmond we're familiar with.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Re: Win number 1
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 07:14:43 AM »
The first of 3 for the year  ;D. Our priority pick is looking very shakey after that first half display.

Definitely is