Author Topic: PSD targets / Who Will We Pick In PSD  (Read 50244 times)

Offline tigerfan1961

• Jack Dyer medallist
Re: PSD targets
« Reply #315 on: November 08, 2007, 09:53:07 AM »
If he's going cheap I'd look at him for sure. Has a good footy brain and is very agile. If he can sort himself out off the field then its all good.
Still say that Ben Cousins has to be our choice if he is allowed to play by the AFL. Five years of an elite midfielder running around for us teaching the young kids would be well worth the risk. And would give us a fair dinkum strong and capable midfield.

Go get him Miller after Nov 19!

Incidentally, reading the comments of TW, GM and Steve Wright about Cousins during this whole episode, I truly believe that we are playing the waiting game and will make the big play once he is cleared to play. If you read all comments, not one of them has categorically said no to Cousins being at RFC and I think it would mark the start of the rebirth of our great Club. I believe that he will be allowed to play, particularly with the comments from the Drug rehab place in the States, and his apparent real desire to play again. The Supreme Court will be the next step if Fonzie and the gang reject his application.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #316 on: November 08, 2007, 04:52:21 PM »
Sampi struggled with pace and fitness at Melbourne's training so that pretty much counts him out.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
PSD targets - Scott Welsh?
« Reply #317 on: November 08, 2007, 09:02:30 PM »
Rumour in SA that Scott Welsh could be leaving the Crows to accept a 2-year deal with a Melbourne club. Mentioned on BF yesterday and then on 5AA and Ch 9 today.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #318 on: November 09, 2007, 02:23:26 AM »
Any interest in giving Jason Cloke a second chance at AFL?

Link.

richmondrules

« Reply #319 on: November 09, 2007, 08:07:51 AM »

Link.

Collingwood seriously stuffed his career. He would have been better off going into the national draft and not going father/son and ending up somewhere that wasn't just looking at Travis. I'm sure there are lists that if he were on them he would still be playing. How stupid were the Cloke family. "I want all my sons to play at the same club". DUMB!  :lol

If he does get another chance it won't be with us. Not our type at all, but we have always honest in this regard unlike some other teams.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #320 on: November 09, 2007, 09:07:35 AM »

Link.

No, absolutely not.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #321 on: November 09, 2007, 10:51:10 PM »

Link.

Collingwood seriously stuffed his career. He would have been better off going into the national draft and not going father/son and ending up somewhere that wasn't just looking at Travis. I'm sure there are lists that if he were on them he would still be playing. How stupid were the Cloke family. "I want all my sons to play at the same club". DUMB!  :lol

If he does get another chance it won't be with us. Not our type at all, but we have always honest in this regard unlike some other teams.
Yep as soon as they got their hands on Travis the older two brothers were given the flick. Damir has only got himself to blame.

Pass on Welsh too. Too old and the only good games he plays each year is usually against us  :P.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: PSD targets - Scott Welsh
« Reply #322 on: November 10, 2007, 05:26:24 AM »
Scott Welsh deal stalemate
10 November 2007   Herald Sun
Andrew Capel

TROUBLED forward Scott Welsh is in dispute with Adelaide.

The club's leading goalkicker in 2007, Welsh has reached a "stalemate" on a new contract offer from the Crows and is exploring his options.

"Negotiations on a new contract for Scott have broken down," Crows football operations manager John Reid said.

"We want him to stay and have offered him a deal but at this stage he's not happy with that and we're at an impasse."

Reid said out-of-contract Welsh had been offered a new one-year deal, but wanted a second year if he achieved several incentives.

The Crows are refusing to budge, given the 28-year-old was at the centre of a police report by an 18-year-old woman outside a nightclub in September.

It is believed Welsh is sounding out Victorian clubs and could enter the pre-season draft.

Melbourne is believed to be interested in talking to him.

Herald-Sun link
Adelaide Advertiser link

richmondrules

« Reply #323 on: November 10, 2007, 10:59:48 AM »
28? Too old IMHO. Best footy will be just about behind him, all down hill from here. Don't care how good or bad he is, would be a wasted pick.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #324 on: November 10, 2007, 11:01:47 AM »
give me a break. no cousins and no cloke please.

they are finished both of em.

i just hope cousins comes through from all of this its quite sad to be honest
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #325 on: November 11, 2007, 04:42:40 AM »
Caro mentioned on 3aw yesterday and in today's Age that West Coast should kick out all their "bad eggs" - Kerr and Fletcher - and start a new.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/afl-must-rid-eagles-nest-of-bad-eggs/2007/11/10/1194329570233.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Would you pick up either of these "bag eggs" in the PSD if the Eagles actually did this?

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #326 on: November 11, 2007, 08:53:39 AM »
kerr definately, kerr is better than judd and guys like kerr and cuz made judd look good

judd will turn to crud at the blues

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #327 on: November 11, 2007, 07:01:59 PM »
Fletcher wouldn't be a loss for them as he's 28 going on 29. Every other club though would chase after Kerr provided he's clean.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #328 on: November 12, 2007, 02:17:48 PM »
Josh Fraser has re-signed with the Pies for 3 years. It just hasn't been announced according to SEN.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #329 on: November 12, 2007, 05:08:43 PM »
What a choice .... Guy Richards or Guy Richards  :whistle