Author Topic: PSD targets / Who Will We Pick In PSD  (Read 50239 times)

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Guy Richards
« Reply #375 on: November 18, 2007, 05:49:54 PM »
...... maybe l'm thinking of kieth Richards there fishyfingers
;D
Keith fell out of a coconut tree a couple of years back. Maybe he thought it was his family tree and was looking for relatives.
Or he was looking to smoke his relatives lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

richmondrules

« Reply #376 on: November 18, 2007, 07:08:57 PM »
Guy Richards has only been at Collingwood. They took him at pick 37 in the 2000 ND.  ;) He got a Rising Star nomination in 2004.

That's how I understand it too. Sounds like if he can get his body right he could be more than handy. Can be a BIG if though.
Yep 3 years ago he would've been a handy pick up. Looked a promising ruckman in the making for the Pies. Problem is every year since he's copped long-term injuries that have stuffed up his body.

Yeah, you'd think if the injuries were just bad luck the Scum would be willing to be patient with him. The fact they let him go probably says volumes for his physical state and/or attitude. Danger Will Robinson, Danger!!!

Tigermonk

« Reply #377 on: November 18, 2007, 10:43:31 PM »
yeah l was thinking of the wrong Richards oh well

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #378 on: November 19, 2007, 06:11:13 PM »
Well he is the front runner now of being snapped up by us in the PSD. :banghead
Thank you AFL.

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #379 on: November 19, 2007, 07:04:58 PM »
Well he is the front runner now of being snapped up by us in the PSD. :banghead
Thank you AFL.
Yep the front runner is a one runner race  :-\. There's always the option of just picking up a kid who missed the draft. With 70 picks in this year's National draft it would be roughly equivalent to our 4th pick anyway.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Ex-Pie seeks reprieve (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #380 on: November 20, 2007, 03:24:43 AM »
Ex-Pie seeks reprieve
20 November 2007   Herald Sun
Rebecca Williams

DELISTED Collingwood ruckman Guy Richards is confident his best football lies ahead of him as he chases a second chance in the AFL.

Richards has been training with Richmond for the past week in the hope of securing a lifeline in the pre-season draft on December 11.

While Richards is aware there are no guarantees with the Tigers, who have the first selection in the pre-season draft, the 201cm ruckman said he still had plenty to offer.

"I'm 24 and I'm a ruckman, so I think I've got my best years ahead of me," Richards said yesterday.

"I reckon I could play for another six to eight years.

"I probably had my best season (this year). I'm injury-free. My body is sound.

"My body feels like it has matured and I'm ready to take on the next step. Hopefully I'll get a chance somewhere else to prove that I'm still good enough to play."

Richards, one of several players training with the Tigers, is far from a certainty to be offered a permanent home.

But Richards is still hoping to impress at Punt Rd.

"I'll hopefully train there for a few more weeks and we'll see what happens," he said.

"They're just seeing how I go and I've just got to try and impress them and put my best foot forward."

Richards was told his services were no longer required at Collingwood after the Magpies secured young ruckman Cameron Wood from the Brisbane Lions during trade week.

Richards knew his number was up, but said he harboured no ill-feeling towards the Pies.

"They called me in during trade week and told me what was going on," he said.

"I was a bit let down at that stage, but you have to get on with life.

"But the club was good to me. I accept the decision and just move on."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22788811%255E20322,00.html

blx

« Reply #381 on: November 20, 2007, 07:50:32 AM »
how awesome would it be if he come good for us and played a blinder against the skunks  :pray

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #382 on: November 20, 2007, 08:41:56 AM »
how awesome would it be if he come good for us and played a blinder against the skunks  :pray

yeah about as awesome as watching paint dry.

i dont want him
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #383 on: November 20, 2007, 12:36:39 PM »
IMO Richards will be at Punt Road next year. He didn't nominate for the National draft which makes you think he's confident of being picked up in the PSD. The only thing that may change things is if Carlton choose Cotchin and Kreuzer slips to us. 

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #384 on: November 20, 2007, 12:43:49 PM »
yeah and i think kevin bartlett has a better chance of coaching us again, then that ever happening
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #385 on: November 20, 2007, 03:50:20 PM »
yeah and i think kevin bartlett has a better chance of coaching us again, then that ever happening
Yep so we better start getting use to the idea of Richards in Y&B next year  :-\.

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #386 on: November 21, 2007, 11:30:08 PM »
See the AFL site says Richards has nominated for Saturday's draft. Perhaps we are keeping our PSD options open  :-\

richmondrules

« Reply #387 on: November 22, 2007, 06:53:55 AM »
See the AFL site says Richards has nominated for Saturday's draft. Perhaps we are keeping our PSD options open  :-\

Sounds like we really have not made up our minds to draft him and have given him no guarantees. As it should be. I still favour picking a young guy with promise, or dare I say it, X-Factor, who missed out on the draft. The PSD, when the are limited selection options, is a good place for X-Factor IMHO.

Offline tigerfan1961

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #388 on: November 22, 2007, 10:28:50 AM »
Sounds like we really have not made up our minds to draft him and have given him no guarantees. As it should be. I still favour picking a young guy with promise, or dare I say it, X-Factor, who missed out on the draft. The PSD, when the are limited selection options, is a good place for X-Factor IMHO.
[/quote]
I am just hoping that we take an undrafted Junior with our first pick in the PSD. We are going to run a session this Sunday for all those undrafted players, as well as a number of delisted players from other clubs. I would imagine we will pick our player from that group.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #389 on: November 22, 2007, 11:09:49 AM »

We are not taking him by the sounds of it.

Good thing too.

I'd take Hartigan again ahead of Richards.
Heck I'd just about take anyone ahead of that dunce.