Author Topic: Tigers poach Demons recruiter Craig Cameron  (Read 9383 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers poach Demons recruiter Craig Cameron
« on: June 29, 2007, 12:55:32 AM »
Tigers may poach Demons recruiter
Stephen Rielly | June 29, 2007 | The Age

WITH almost a decade of relative stability up-ended by the sudden resignation of coach Neale Daniher on Wednesday, the Melbourne football department could be confronting the loss of a second key figure before the season is out.

Melbourne recruiting and list manager Craig Cameron is understood to be the person Richmond has identified to succeed Greg Miller as the club's new head of recruiting-related football operations.

The Tigers intend to reorganise the structure of their football department and like several clubs before them want to prioritise recruiting, trading and list management, responsibilities that Cameron has handled throughout the decade of Daniher's time at Melbourne.

If the Tigers are successful in poaching him — Cameron signed a fresh three-year contract with the Demons last year after being courted by Fremantle — it would leave only Chris limpan, Melbourne's football operations chief, of the group that was brought together in late 1997 to work alongside Daniher, who will coach the club for the last time tonight.

Then Melbourne chief executive Cameron Schwab hired Cameron, lured Danny Corcoran from Essendon to head up the football department, oversaw the appointment of Daniher and then hired limpan. Corcoran left to become chief executive of Athletics Australia in 2004 but until Wednesday the group had otherwise remained together.

Cameron, whose father Barry played 96 games for the Tigers between 1956-66, could not be contacted yesterday but Richmond sources confirmed that he was recently approached by president Gary March.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/tigers-may-poach-demons-recruiter/2007/06/28/1182624079117.html
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 06:59:51 PM by one-eyed »

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Tigers may poach Demons recruiter Craig Cameron (The Age)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 01:22:32 AM »
I am sure someone will, but can someone list his achievemnts/failures in this 10 year period.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 02:26:21 AM »
At least a two month scoop before this news hit the media today. Must be close to a record for Sauce  ;).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 08:02:16 AM »
well his dad was a tiger player, so his heart must be with us

but , what has he achieved, is he that good at his job or not?

Life goes on

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 08:11:52 AM »
At least a two month scoop before this news hit the media today. Must be close to a record for Sauce  ;).

I Actually knew about the Didak incident last week ::)
Sauce says that the Cameron thing is one the money and I will also stand by my other posts about the coach, stay tuned ;)

Life goes on

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 08:14:29 AM »
Tigers may poach Demons recruiter
Stephen Rielly | June 29, 2007 | The Age

WITH almost a decade of relative stability up-ended by the sudden resignation of coach Neale Daniher on Wednesday, the Melbourne football department could be confronting the loss of a second key figure before the season is out.

Melbourne recruiting and list manager Craig Cameron is understood to be the person Richmond has identified to succeed Greg Miller as the club's new head of recruiting-related football operations.

The Tigers intend to reorganise the structure of their football department and like several clubs before them want to prioritise recruiting, trading and list management, responsibilities that Cameron has handled throughout the decade of Daniher's time at Melbourne.

If the Tigers are successful in poaching him — Cameron signed a fresh three-year contract with the Demons last year after being courted by Fremantle — it would leave only Chris limpan, Melbourne's football operations chief, of the group that was brought together in late 1997 to work alongside Daniher, who will coach the club for the last time tonight.

Then Melbourne chief executive Cameron Schwab hired Cameron, lured Danny Corcoran from Essendon to head up the football department, oversaw the appointment of Daniher and then hired limpan. Corcoran left to become chief executive of Athletics Australia in 2004 but until Wednesday the group had otherwise remained together.

Cameron, whose father Barry played 96 games for the Tigers between 1956-66, could not be contacted yesterday but Richmond sources confirmed that he was recently approached by president Gary March.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/tigers-may-poach-demons-recruiter/2007/06/28/1182624079117.html

You have to laugh in regards to he being approached by Gary March,
He bought him lunch 2 months ago ::)

Moi

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 08:22:17 AM »
All I can say is there are ppl down there with huge mouths.  And if they want the world to know about secrets, all they have to do is tell Jack and they know the world will know about it in five seconds.  I hardly call that a scoop  ::)

Let's say for all concerned, Cameron better be darn good at his job   :)

No pressure on the guy, but hey Jack's built him up to be the next best thing.  We shall see!

Moi

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 08:23:31 AM »
Who really cares?  Only you it seems  ::)

Life goes on

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 08:24:28 AM »
All I can say is there are ppl down there with huge mouths.  And if they want the world to know about secrets, all they have to do is tell Jack and they know the world will know about it in five seconds.  I hardly call that a scoop  ::)

Let's say for all concerned, Cameron better be darn good at his job   :)

No pressure on the guy, but hey Jack's built him up to be the next best thing.  We shall see!

Hey, dont even know the bloke. Didnt say he was good or bad ::)

Life goes on

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 08:25:19 AM »

You obvisously dont read the Herald-Sun or watch TV ::)

Moi

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 08:32:21 AM »

You obvisously dont read the Herald-Sun or watch TV ::)
You're spot on I don't.  Only read the articles from the papers here - sometimes!
TV, very little
What's the point?  There's a lot of trash journalism out there that will beat something up over nothing.  That's why I don't care and don't read.
Collingwood make good headlines to sell papers.  Ppl may read it, but who really cares.

If you knew about it, how come you didn't open your big mouth on this one lol

Life goes on

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 08:35:10 AM »
I did, posted it yesterday morning.
There is heaps I dont post, whats the point, get bagged by you when I do

Moi

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 08:52:55 AM »
You're not claiming that surely - it was posted on PRE and other places and mentioned on 3AW early in the morning.  God you've got a big head  :lol

Moi

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2007, 08:57:29 AM »
About other clubs that do damage - post all you like.
Only us I have an issue with - you've got a regular group of friends who hang on your every word  ::) can't you PM them?
No, but then you couldn't say you knew 2 months in advance lol

Life goes on

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2007, 08:58:28 AM »
You're not claiming that surely - it was posted on PRE and other places and mentioned on 3AW early in the morning.  God you've got a big head  :lol

Knew last week, didnt want to say anything.
Nothing about big heads
I have posted things about issues that concern the RFC. can tell will post NO more.
Sick of being bagged by you.
wait till end of year ;)