Author Topic: Lids hand injury  (Read 5924 times)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Re: Lids hand injury
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2007, 11:08:30 PM »
I was thinking that it would be good for him to get a feel of winning with the burgers.

Get in touch with his dominant side and bring it over to the AFL

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2007, 06:07:12 PM »
From Sportal:

Brett Deledio is a chance to return to the senior line-up this week after missing three matches with a broken hand.

The 20-year-old, who was expected to be sidelined for between four and six weeks when kicked on the hand by Kangaroo Shannon Grant, wants to see how he pulls up after a full training session on Wednesday.

"It's still a bit sore around where they made the incision to put the plate in but other than that it's not too bad," Deledio said.

http://sportal.com.au/default.aspx/afl-news-display/wallace-guarded-on-tigers-32338

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2007, 06:39:33 PM »
cheers mr oneeyed  :cheers

great news

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Deledio poised for comeback (RFC)
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2007, 09:57:28 PM »
Deledio poised for comeback
5:54 PM Tue 31 July, 2007
By Catherine Murphy
for richmondfc.com.au

RICHMOND young gun Brett Deledio could return from injury this weekend for the club’s clash with Geelong at Skilled Stadium.

The 20-year-old broke his hand during the Tigers’ round 14 defeat to the Kangaroos and was predicted to miss four to six weeks, so an appearance this weekend would cap off a speedy recovery.

“I have to see how I train Wednesday and see how the hand pulls up,” Deledio said.

“Then I guess it will be up the match committee to see if they see me fit to play.”

The youngster will have an appointment on Thursday morning with the surgeon who operated on the hand and will also have an x-ray to ensure that the bone has fully healed. However Tigers coach Terry Wallace says they won’t be taking any chances.

“We won’t play him unless he’s right,” Wallace said.

“We’ve said the whole way along that we’re not throwing blokes out to get them operated on for the sake of getting them operated on.

“We could have said the hand’s no good and he’s going to sit out the rest of the year but that’s not been the case.

“He’s worked his backside off to get back as quick as he possibly can and it’ll be a close call this week.

“We’re pretty keen to let our fans know that we’re still out there having a go and we’re still out there trying to play the best available side each and every week.”

Deledio says he would love the opportunity to play against the Cats this weekend after they were trounced by them in round six.

“Anything better than 157 points would be a little victory for us,” Deledio said.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=48371

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Re: Deledio poised for comeback (RFC)
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2007, 10:57:32 PM »
“Anything better than 157 points would be a little victory for us,” Deledio said.

geez, hope that was said tongue in check

otherwise it is a very poor attitude  :banghead . Losing is not a victory. Winning = victory

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2007, 12:40:15 PM »

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=48371

Please , Please somebody tell me this is a misquote.

Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2007, 01:05:36 PM »

Please , Please somebody tell me this is a misquote.
Doesn't sound like it.  :-\

Lids, if he is playing, should be concentrating on how he isn't going to get shut out of the game by Ling again. He should talk to Connors who'll be across half-back with Lids to help him out with some "shepherding"  ;).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2007, 04:13:15 PM »

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Lids may play against Cats (Geelong Addy)
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2007, 01:25:55 PM »
Deledio may play against Cats
Geelong Addy
Brad Green
02Aug07

RICHMOND could receive a surprise boost for Saturday's daunting clash against the top-of-the ladder clash with Geelong at Skilled Stadium by the return of young gun Brett Deledio.

Deledio, the 2005 NAB Rising star, broke his hand during the Tigers' round 14 defeat to the Kangaroos.

He was originally predicted to miss four to six weeks.

An appearance this weekend would cap off a speedy recovery for the youngster.

The 20-year-old is back training and has an appointment this morning with the surgeon who operated on the hand to have an X-ray to ensure that the bone has fully healed.

``Then I guess it will be up to the match committee to see if they see me fit to play,'' Deledio said on his club's website richmondfc.com.au

However, Richmond coach Terry Wallace says the coaching staff will not be taking any chances with the 2004 number one national draft draft pick.

He said they would only play Deledio if the surgeon is convinced the hand has mended 100 per cent.

``We won't play him unless he's right,'' Wallace said.

``We've said the whole way along that were not throwing blokes out to get them operated on for the sake of getting them operated on.

``We could have said the hand is no good and he's going to sit out the rest of the year, but that's not been the case.

``He's worked his backside off to get back as quick as he possibly can and it'll be a close call this week.

``We're pretty keen to let our fans know that were still out there having a go and we're still out there trying to play the best available side each and every week.''

Deledio says he would love the opportunity to play against the Cats this weekend.

He was a part of the Tigers side that was trounced by 157 points by the the Cats in round six.

Meanwhile, Richmond forward Nathan Brown said the club has a simple goal for their remaining five matches having scored just the one victory so this season.

``We've just got to be competitive,'' Brown said.

``It's been a terrible season, and we just need to make sure we don't have blow-outs.

``We want to get to the end of the year, and get a good pre-season under our belt.''

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2007/08/02/5847_geelong_sports.html

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2007, 01:57:08 PM »
He said they would only play Deledio if the surgeon is convinced the hand has mended 100 per cent.

Well then he can't play.

I'm currently nursing a broken hand that I "did" five weeks ago this saturday - and it's nowhere near 100% healed. It's a six week injury without an operation. I guess they jab it up and play anyway. like Sugar.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2007, 03:40:26 PM »
saying he won't play only 100% is absolute spin.

Expect Lids to line up

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2007, 04:47:02 PM »
Hardly any footballer plays 100% at this time of the year. They probably mean 100% chance of playing which can mean a jab and a protective glove and out you go.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2007, 02:00:23 PM »
And opinions now would be

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner