Author Topic: Plough's aftermatch media conference / It will take time, says Wallace  (Read 2934 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
It will take time, says Wallace
11:13 PM Sat 28 July, 2007
richmondfc.com.au

TERRY Wallace has stressed that Richmond’s period of gloom is necessary for the club to move forward following the Tigers’ second-half fadeout against Sydney.

“You have to accept what the scoreboard says,” Wallace said after the 66-point loss.

“I thought we played 70 minutes of pretty sort of admirable footy.

“You come away (and) it’s an 11-goal loss. Where do you sit there? Do you take more out of the last 50 minutes, or do you take more out of the 70 minutes that you did right?”

Coming off three consecutive hidings, and facing three weeks that features clashes with Geelong, Collingwood and West Coast, Wallace once again committed to Richmond’s plan of blooding kids instead of utilising more experienced players.

“We’ve got some very young boys running around in the side,” an upbeat Wallace said.

“It was the stronger bodies come into play, (and) the last 50 minutes was disappointing.”

“We had 12 guys (who had played) under 50 games. We had nine guys who had never played on the SCG prior.

“I know our supporters lose faith in where we’re going and what we’re trying to do. But when you throw that many young boys in there, it’s just going to take time.

“We had one or two choices. We throw in guys who are 26 and 27 but not really taking us anywhere, or we give these young guys a chance.”

And while Richmond faces the possibility of recording just a single victory for the entire 2007 campaign, Wallace sees the final five weeks as an opportunity to identify the players that are good enough to build the next September-capable outfit.

“Most of our goals are around trying to remain competitive. And now we’ve had three weeks in a row where we haven’t been.

We’ve got to make decisions on who’s staying and who’s not staying -  who we sort of see as being key players in the future line-up of the club.

“I’m six weeks past the half-way mark of a project that we took on where both myself and the club committed to doing the hard yards, starting all over again and getting some young players into the squad.

“We’ve got plenty of work still to do.”

http://richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=48183

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
C'mon Terry - time and patience are running out :banghead

Passionfruit

Correct Julz.
Should of got the stronger bodies from Day 1.
Its no secret that Terry wanted to model the team on the Western Bulldogs. Oh Dear.
You should play Kent kingsley Terry ::)
And Terry, you have kept the wrong players and thats your decision.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 12:46:46 PM by Jackstar »

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner

ditto, really struggling to find positives in the tigers nowadays.

Please let the season be over and done with.  :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray

Hope always returns over the summer break  ;)  :help

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame

Please let the season be over and done with.  :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray

The only positive all year is Francis Jackson and his clear supremacy over Greg Miller's recruiting.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
I find myself already writing off guys like Deledio and Tambling, I know they are young and it's probably a little unfair, but i'm just hoping and praying that 2006 drafts kids come in and start giving us something.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Tigermonk

;D good one bluey

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner

;D good one bluey

thanks lol  :rollin

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
I find myself already writing off guys like Deledio and Tambling, I know they are young and it's probably a little unfair, but i'm just hoping and praying that 2006 drafts kids come in and start giving us something.

the kids are not bad, its the coaching, the development that needs a kick up the ar.s

the senior players should all be told to f off, no matter what their surnames are! all of them bar brown and simmonds.  anyone above 25 that is no good and has no room 4 improvement except the 2 players mentioned above should all be told to f off immediately.

all the coaches should be sacked monday morning as soon as geelong thump us.

terry has told us teh same bs week in wek out and what makes things worse, he is making danny look like a good coach, thats how bad terry is.

why waste 2 more yrs, terry cannot steer this ship, he has no idea how to sail!!!

enough is enough, how many yrs in a row must we accept this patience and give us time!

he has been here 3 yrs and we have gone a full loop and are back where we started

terry miller and all the assistant coaches, the fitness staff , all of them, nleave our club alone, and f off!

we love our club, you guys dont!

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
Dare I say it, even Spud in 2004 had us winning 4 games.  Doesn't look like we will this year.  At the start of the year I honestly thought we'd make it to the finals.  I don't believe sacking every senior player over 25 is the answer either.  We need some experience.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame

the kids are not bad, its the coaching, the development that needs a kick up the ar.s

the senior players should all be told to f off, no matter what their surnames are! all of them bar brown and simmonds.  anyone above 25 that is no good and has no room 4 improvement except the 2 players mentioned above should all be told to f off immediately.

terry has told us teh same bs week in wek out and what makes things worse, he is making danny look like a good coach, thats how bad terry is.

why waste 2 more yrs, terry cannot steer this ship, he has no idea how to sail!!!

enough is enough, how many yrs in a row must we accept this patience and give us time!

he has been here 3 yrs and we have gone a full loop and are back where we started

terry miller and all the assistant coaches, the fitness staff , all of them, nleave our club alone, and f off!

Do you seriously think we are back at the end of 2004 ? and that no progress has been made at all ?

You even said yourself that the kids are not bad so there alone the team has improved on the 2004 rabble. Finiancially we are better off and more money spent on recruitment over the last 12 months should be an improvement. So far the 2006 draftees are looking quite good Edwards Riewoldt and Connors have shown enough and more than lost of the previous draftees and Peterson is all the rage now. Collins also has had favourable comments.

If you don't think the club has improved on 2004 why do you bother ??

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame

Do you seriously think we are back at the end of 2004 ? and that no progress has been made at all ?

You even said yourself that the kids are not bad so there alone the team has improved on the 2004 rabble. Finiancially we are better off and more money spent on recruitment over the last 12 months should be an improvement. So far the 2006 draftees are looking quite good Edwards Riewoldt and Connors have shown enough and more than lost of the previous draftees and Peterson is all the rage now. Collins also has had favourable comments.

i bother cos i love the club!

simple answer to ur questions

we have better kids than ever b4, but as a team/ club we have turned full circle and are worse than 2004

why is this, look where we are 1 win!!!!! the reason why we are back to 2004, is the same as 2004, we have a coach with no idea !!!

a half decent coach would have had us win a few games this yr

we are worse of than ever all thanks to the coach. a good coach and better recruiting we will have this young list up and running, but unfortunately with terry we are going no where

want proof? watch us play!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com

People at Richmond want instant success. Their patience wears thin after 2 years. Sheeds would eventually cop the same crap once reality replaced mysticism and nostalgia. Some people need to realise the list has to fixed before the team improves and the list will only improve as more $$$ are put into recruiting and development instead of paying out contracted coaches. All this takes years when you are starting from scratch even when you have the dollars. The current Eagles and Cats sides didn't happen overnight. Both took 5 years to become true finals sides. Look at when most of their players were drafted - 1999-2001.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
All this takes years when you are starting from scratch even when you have the dollars. The current Eagles and Cats sides didn't happen overnight. Both took 5 years to become true finals sides. Look at when most of their players were drafted - 1999-2001.   

You're right, it'll take years, and still may not see the ultimate success for years, but hopefully when Lids and co. are at 150 games, JoN, Hughes are at 120 and Edwards, Connors have 100 we'll be playing regular finals. At this time, Richo, Bowden, Johnson and others will be gone.

What is the success rate in drafting, we can't expect all draft picks to be star players. Out of the last 3 drafts we may only have 8-10 players that kick on. That is still only just half a team.

We are way off.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
All this takes years when you are starting from scratch even when you have the dollars. The current Eagles and Cats sides didn't happen overnight. Both took 5 years to become true finals sides. Look at when most of their players were drafted - 1999-2001.   

You're right, it'll take years, and still may not see the ultimate success for years, but hopefully when Lids and co. are at 150 games, JoN, Hughes are at 120 and Edwards, Connors have 100 we'll be playing regular finals. At this time, Richo, Bowden, Johnson and others will be gone.

What is the success rate in drafting, we can't expect all draft picks to be star players. Out of the last 3 drafts we may only have 8-10 players that kick on. That is still only just half a team.

We are way off.
3 players per draft making it is actually a good result. The problem in the past under Spud and Geisch was that we had one or none make it. Only in the 2000 draft did we do reasonably well - Petts, Cogs (injured), Newy, Hyde and Krak. From 1997-2002 we only still have those five on our list plus Razor (gone), Schulz and Tivs. Just 8 players from 6 drafts which should have formed our core now.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd