Author Topic: Graham to debut / Another debutant this week  (Read 2349 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Graham to debut / Another debutant this week
« on: July 31, 2007, 01:44:25 PM »
One of Gus or Cass to debut. My money is on Gus. Will be announced at 2pm by Wallace on Tuesdays with Terry.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 04:00:03 PM by one-eyed »

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Another debutant this week
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 01:55:24 PM »
One of Gus or Cass to debut. My money is on Gus. Will be announced at 2pm by Wallace on Tuesdays with Terry.

Gussy.

Make a fuss about a kid from King Island making the leap through the rookie list to finally make it to senior level.  :rollin   :clapping.

Love Cass to get a run too though!  :thumbsup
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 02:01:44 PM »
Chocco said the one who misses out today will make his debut anyway before the end of the season. So Cass will get his chance too  :clapping.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 02:02:10 PM »
Has any club in history blooded as many youngsters as we have this year and last, that have also played as many games.
I think not, this is what we wanted and will pay dividends down the track  :thumbsup
Good luck to whoever, a baptism of fire awaits  :clapping

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 02:16:21 PM »
How are we going to find out who?  Is SEN broadcasting it by any chance?
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 02:17:20 PM »
as long as jack, edwards, connors, thursty, Clever and any other kid I left out stay in i'm rapt.  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Angus Graham to debut
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 04:02:09 PM »
Tigers ruck to debut
31/07/2007 3:24:11 PM
Angus Morgan
Sportal

The Tigers are set to unveil a new ruckman in Angus Graham against Geelong at Skilled Stadium on Saturday.

"I've just tried to play consistent - last year I was up and down - and just back myself in. Sometimes my confidence gets down so I've just tried to keep my confidence up and play good football," he said.

"Consistent, that's been my main aim this year."

Senior coach Terry Wallace said that Graham, along with Nathan Foley, had been the hardest worker at the club this season in the gym and on the track.

"Angus has probably passed others that he started quite a bit behind by putting in the time and putting in the effort - it’s a credit to him," Wallace said.

http://sportal.com.au/default.aspx/afl-news-display/tigers-ruck-to-debut-32326

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Graham to debut / Another debutant this week
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 04:18:30 PM »
Go GUS!  :clapping    :gotigers
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2007, 04:29:30 PM »
From what I saw pre-season, this guy has come along in leaps and bounds.
Very impressive indeedy do, first impressions was looked potential but would not be ready for a couple, top effort and keep up the good work   :clapping

Another positive for the RFC  :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2007, 04:37:03 PM »
Well done, congrats and good luck Gus  :clapping  :thumbsup. A tough initiation but as long as he contributes in some way he will have done his job on debut.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 08:30:08 PM »
Woo Hoo! Good luck Gus! Put the icing on the donut! If Geelong has a weakness anywhere its in the ruck!  :pray

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 09:59:13 PM »
Debut causes barracking befuddlement
5:09 PM Tue 31 July, 2007
By Catherine Murphy
for richmondfc.com.au

FOOTBALL creates many split allegiances within families, but Angus Graham’s brood will be truly torn on Saturday.

The 20-year-old Tiger is due to make his senior debut for Richmond at Skilled Stadium against the Cats, the club his family have always barracked for.

The former rookie who hails from King Island was elevated to the senior list after showing good form in the ruck for Tigers’ VFL side Coburg.

“It’s been a life-long dream to play AFL and to play against Geelong will be very exciting for me,” Graham said.

“Hopefully the next few days go quickly. I’m trying not to think about it too early in the week… getting worked up… so I’m just trying to stay calm at this stage.”

The 200cm, 96kg youngster says he hasn’t had the chance to talk to many of the senior players about his debut yet.

“Not many people really know at the moment. A lot of the players were shaking my hand when I was walking out of the gym with the [Richmond] shirt on,” Graham said.

Gym work has been a big focus for him over the past year.

“I was a rookie so I just thought I had to develop quickly. It’s a year to year thing, so I needed to give myself the most opportunity that I can.

“I’ve just been trying to play consistent [in the VFL]. Last year my form was up and down. I just need to back myself.

“Sometimes my confidence has been down so I’m just trying to keep my confidence up and play consistently.”

Richmond coach Terry Wallace says that Graham’s debut is all down to hard work.

“If I chose two players that have done the most work off the field in preparation getting themselves right and improving, whether it be skill level or in the gym, I would say it would be Nathan Foley and Angus,” Wallace said.

“Nathan’s had a fantastic year and taken a quantum leap in his playing performance and Angus has probably passed others that he probably started quite a bit behind by putting in the time and effort.

“He’s certainly passed a few, which is a credit to him.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=48366

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 02:46:53 AM »
Gus will be our fifth debutant for 2007 - Jack, Edwards, Connors, King and Gus.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Gus fine about debut (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 02:08:47 AM »

I love you son, but I'm going for the Cats: Young Tiger ruckman Angus Graham had hoped for at least one pocket of support when he runs onto Skilled Stadium tomorrow, but his father Rod, a mad Cats supporter, left no doubt where his allegiances lie. Picture: Norm Oorloff

Tiger cub fine about debut
03 August 2007   Herald Sun
Gareth Trickey

RICHMOND debutant Angus Graham thinks his old man is a big pussy cat.

Graham, 20, will play his first senior game tomorrow when the Tigers wrestle Geelong at Skilled Stadium and his father's allegiance to the Cats is sure to add spice to the clash.

"I was a Geelong kid when I was young so it will be good to play against them," Graham said yesterday.

"Dad's all right, he doesn't rub it in too much that they (Geelong) are winning."

The 200cm Graham will become the second King Island native to play in the AFL, following in the footsteps of another ruckman, St Kilda's Barry Brooks.

Consistent form with the Coburg Tigers led to Graham's elevation from the rookie list in March.

He said he was relieved to finally get the call-up.

"It's been pretty frustrating but finally they told me on Monday I was playing and I was stoked," Graham said. "I was trying not to think about it too much because Monday to Saturday is obviously a long time.

"Each night I was lying in bed pondering how I'd play and how the game would go. I'm excited and just can't wait to get out there."

His selection comes at a time when Richmond is crying out for experienced talls.

The Tigers' No. 1 ruckman, Troy Simmonds, has missed eight games with an ankle injury, while Trent Knobel is yet to play this year after ankle surgery in April.

Richmond football manager Paul Armstrong said Graham was capable of playing in the ruck or up forward.

"It is a good sign for the future given Trent Knobel and Troy Simmonds both had their injury concerns this year," Armstrong said.

"A lot had been left to Adam Pattison so it's good to have another emerging ruckman coming through."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,9191,22180430%255E20322,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2007, 09:18:52 PM »
What did we all think of Graham's debut?