Author Topic: 2007 NAB Draft  (Read 38340 times)

Ramps

Re: 2007 NAB Draft
« Reply #210 on: October 08, 2007, 05:54:29 AM »
i heard that carlton (if a deal with west coast doesn't fall through) will give richmond there 3rd pick (richmond has 2,3) for a deal to not take judd in the pre-season ... and let them use there 2nd pick (pre-season pick) for him ... has anyone else heard this ??? ... not bad if you ask me ...

if the clubs gonna do a deal like that then we'd want an arrangement by Tuesday at the latest...cant trust the bluez beyond tuesday i reckon. you wanna get all the paperwork done and dusted early.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #211 on: October 08, 2007, 06:47:30 AM »
I still prefer Cotchin. He's ready to go year 1 and in the midfield where we badly lack ballwinning class. Morton will still need to add 9kgs.

true mt but with cale comes mitch, and mitch is a classy player also, and was during his draft days very impressive also , in a better field than what cotchin is in. sa really, mitch can add to our midfeild and really could be a better player than cotchin.
Mitch is a HFF or that's at least where he's played in his AFL career. I'm concerned we're only getting him so Cale never wants to return home to WA. Not really a smart recruiting policy IMV.

There is a reason Cotchin is rated No. 2 by every club except apparently us (who just happen to spend the least on recruiting). This kid can play football and performances of others at what is essentially a glorified athletics carnival doesn't change that. Buddy, Murphy, Pendlebury, Selwood didn't finish top 10 in any of the athletic tests but they can play AFL footy at a high standard from an early age.

does not matter what most think mt, and maybe the tigers this year have done more research than ppl think. about mitch , he can play midfeild, no dubt about it and another thing, it was long ago where everyone , just about everyone could not decide who was best pick, it was a flip of a coin b/w deledio and tambling, the "two standout" talents of that draft. in the end, blingers was widely known to be 2nd pick by most, anyway he went at 4, and at this stage even 4 flatters him.  dont worry about what most ppl think, morton has more alot of upside dont worry about that

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #212 on: October 08, 2007, 01:28:12 PM »
I still prefer Cotchin. He's ready to go year 1 and in the midfield where we badly lack ballwinning class. Morton will still need to add 9kgs.

true mt but with cale comes mitch, and mitch is a classy player also, and was during his draft days very impressive also , in a better field than what cotchin is in. sa really, mitch can add to our midfeild and really could be a better player than cotchin.
Mitch is a HFF or that's at least where he's played in his AFL career. I'm concerned we're only getting him so Cale never wants to return home to WA. Not really a smart recruiting policy IMV.

There is a reason Cotchin is rated No. 2 by every club except apparently us (who just happen to spend the least on recruiting). This kid can play football and performances of others at what is essentially a glorified athletics carnival doesn't change that. Buddy, Murphy, Pendlebury, Selwood didn't finish top 10 in any of the athletic tests but they can play AFL footy at a high standard from an early age.

does not matter what most think mt, and maybe the tigers this year have done more research than ppl think. about mitch , he can play midfeild, no dubt about it and another thing, it was long ago where everyone , just about everyone could not decide who was best pick, it was a flip of a coin b/w deledio and tambling, the "two standout" talents of that draft. in the end, blingers was widely known to be 2nd pick by most, anyway he went at 4, and at this stage even 4 flatters him.  dont worry about what most ppl think, morton has more alot of upside dont worry about that
Agree with the point X that what these kids do after the draft is what counts rather than what reputation they have beforehand. All I'm saying is Cotchin can play and I would have no hesitation selecting him at pick 2 if it was my decision.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #213 on: October 08, 2007, 02:33:13 PM »
Its a shame that Myers isnt 2 or 3cm taller, if he was 193 and not 190 hed be right up at 2 for me. Anyway going of the list provided, most of the kids need to hit the weight room big time.

You are right there Ramps.  See a bit of Myers at Perth Demons, where he made an impact at senior level.  Is a dedicated kid who is highly rated by Simon Eastaugh.

Still a 1st rounder for a 3rd tall defender ??  Cant see him staying in WA cos Freo need a pacy midfielder.  Would probably be the one to slip out of the top ten.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #214 on: October 11, 2007, 06:16:13 PM »
Healy asked Swann about a rumoured deal b/w us, Carlton and West Coast that Carlton get Kreuzer, Eagles get Cotchin and Richmond gets Cale Morton. Swann dismissed it.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #215 on: October 11, 2007, 06:25:56 PM »
we better get cotchin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #216 on: October 11, 2007, 06:36:14 PM »
we better get cotchin
A sudden conversion X  :lol

3aw saying this rumour is strong. That Cotchin will end up an Eagle. Let's hope the rumour is rubbish like others 3aw have had over the last couple of nights.   

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #217 on: October 11, 2007, 06:40:30 PM »
we better get cotchin
A sudden conversion X  :lol

3aw saying this rumour is strong. That Cotchin will end up an Eagle. Let's hope the rumour is rubbish like others 3aw have had over the last couple of nights.   

initially i was happy either way, didnt fuss me, but morton seemed a betetr ddeal if his bro came to us cheap.

but now i think, why the f should we help wce get who they want, f uck em all, had enough of wce, carlsum, wallace and miller.

miller had better do the right thing

he is a bs mutha.f and should shut the hell up and stop saying we will be active.

he has no idea and no one wants to deal with him or us, except port whop can turn duds into good players cos they have a good coach unlike us!

this week was meant to bring us more hope, instead its f us up with a one way ticket to hell

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #218 on: October 11, 2007, 06:56:48 PM »
A Tigers' fan just rang up 3aw and said he'll barrack for West Coast next year if we fail to pick up Cotchin. The media would be loving hearing angry Tiger fans make dills of themselves on radio.

Let's just cool it down and see what actually happens. No point worrying about ifs. If we do pass on Cotchin and he wins the rising star then we can go ape. Likewise if Morton surprises I'm going to look like a dill for pumping up Cotchin. I just rate Cotchin having seen him play. Cotchin of course trained with us as part of his AIS scholarship.

Ramps

« Reply #219 on: October 11, 2007, 07:08:02 PM »
A Tigers' fan just rang up 3aw and said he'll barrack for West Coast next year if we fail to pick up Cotchin. The media would be loving hearing angry Tiger fans make dills of themselves on radio.

Let's just cool it down and see what actually happens. No point worrying about ifs. If we do pass on Cotchin and he wins the rising star then we can go ape. Likewise if Morton surprises I'm going to look like a dill for pumping up Cotchin. I just rate Cotchin having seen him play. Cotchin of course trained with us as part of his AIS scholarship.

HAHAHAHA thats hilarious lol .... barracking for eagles and then some of you clowns come on here and have a go at people like me lol. HAHAHAHAHA

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
« Reply #220 on: October 11, 2007, 09:14:58 PM »
I think any of Kruz, Cotchin or Morten will end up as consistent AFL footballers.

BTW I think given time Bling will be a good player also, selection in this range is improving in certainty year to year. Top fives won't be a let down often.

It is turning the picks from the 2nd round up onto great players that make a team into a contender.

Getting some talls who will become AFL footballers in our subsequent picks is what's important for us. I think we should get Robbie Tarrant at least he's not skinny and will provide a target in years to come.

X your have more changes of opinion than a menopausal Irish Setter.... 

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #221 on: October 11, 2007, 09:40:37 PM »
menopausal Irish Setter.... 

do i even want to know what that is  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #222 on: October 11, 2007, 11:47:28 PM »
It is turning the picks from the 2nd round up onto great players that make a team into a contender.

Getting some talls who will become AFL footballers in our subsequent picks is what's important for us. I think we should get Robbie Tarrant at least he's not skinny and will provide a target in years to come.
Agree HT. Rookies especially seem to have a good rate of produce guns for such a cheap option. Foley and Thursty a prime example for us. In this draft it'll be picks 18, 19 and 35 (if we still have them) that will decide how successful this draft will be for us.  Someone like a Tarrant could be around at 35. I'm a fan of Mitch Farmer too although he's another small.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #223 on: October 12, 2007, 12:20:28 AM »
i am a bit scared ...

i do want Cotchin but it seems that Morton we are highly rating more ...

Mitch Morton if we get him ... (which i don't want him ...) ... can increase Morton's chances with us ...

can someone please give me the stats on all three players ...

Age, Height, Weight, Strengths, Matches Played For Which Ever Current Team ???

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #224 on: October 19, 2007, 05:40:54 PM »
For those interested, there's a BF thread which consolidates various opinions on this year's potential draftees:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388450