Author Topic: Kelvin Moore [merged]  (Read 14324 times)

Offline Tiger Woods

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Kelvin Moore [merged]
« Reply #165 on: June 05, 2012, 12:42:41 PM »
Back line is tight, no one is getting dropped. However, there is nothing wrong with players trying to break in and put some healthy pressure on the senior boys. Maintains some tenacity and 4 quarter efforts if there are others nipping at your heels.

All said and done it would be good for him just to have an influence on the up and comers

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #166 on: June 05, 2012, 01:40:44 PM »
agree with Gerks

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #167 on: June 05, 2012, 02:12:13 PM »

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #168 on: June 05, 2012, 02:21:23 PM »
Moore would be a great player for coburg

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #169 on: June 05, 2012, 02:51:58 PM »
What's all the negative the stuff for Moore?? Rating him to McGuane please :P.Before he got injuries he was a decent defender for us .He would line up against the best forwards with effect.People have short memory bigtime.He was always playing above his weight and height and I cant remember him getting outsmart by Fev ,Franklin etc.Would love him back.

gerkin greg

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: June 05, 2012, 03:11:35 PM »
What's all the negative the stuff for Moore?? Rating him to McGuane please :P.Before he got injuries he was a decent defender for us .He would line up against the best forwards with effect.People have short memory bigtime.He was always playing above his weight and height and I cant remember him getting outsmart by Fev ,Franklin etc.Would love him back.

I don't think it's so much negativity directed at him personally but more-so at his capabilities and potential compared to our current defenders. Moore was always a solid defender but is undersized for the tall forwards of the comp. He would fill a role similar to Batchelor now but I believe Batch has far better marking and disposal to Kelvin. Rance, Grimes and Griffiths have him covered already and they are only infants in typical defender experience.

To many Moore represents a bad memory and I just can't see him pushing out any of our current defenders despite being a top bloke.  :'(

the claw

« Reply #172 on: June 05, 2012, 03:41:54 PM »
Yeah hooray lets drop rance or Griffiths or Grimes or Bach or dea for another mguane type in moore. No way noise will never adjust to the pace of the game today ... Footy leaves no passengers behind
hmm batch is not a tall the way hes fumbled lately i wonder if hes a player at times.
  seems to me grimes is hurt and not playing its been a theme . grimesy is a skinny runt atm and i bet he will suffer more than his fair share of injuries because of it.
if moore was fit and got back into form he would be a handy reolacement for grimes atm.

i dont know much about his injuries but i figure if he was playing under duress before the ops  and  the ops have fixed him and allows him to play pain free there would be a chance he can come back better than before. me i thought he lost some pace and he was struggling because of it. obviously his hips affected the way he ran and his pace. if he does get back theres every chance we will have an even better player than before.

thats it though long time out, can he get back to form.  is he over the problem, can he play without doing any further harm?  if yes to these questions  hes a badly needed experienced player who offers us depth down back.
if the answer is no then we should do him a favor and make him retire.

not one of  us knows the real story. we  can only assume the club would have cut him long before this if they thought he could not get back or if the medical prognosis was he cant get back.sometimes even i have to trust their word.
even if we keep kel and he does get back to form  hes not the type we lack. i think we should be targeting a different type of kpd  one about 195/ 100kg if possible. depth and cover is what we are now looking for.

gerkin greg

« Reply #173 on: June 05, 2012, 04:01:39 PM »
yeah he's pulled two hamstrings dues to his lack of size

FFS

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #174 on: June 05, 2012, 05:21:41 PM »
yeah he's pulled two hamstrings dues to his lack of size

FFS
yep, thats a new one for me. you learn something new ever day i suppose  ::)

on batch's supposed fumbling, after last weeks game he said it was the fastest he has played in.
three weeks or so ago he was being lauded for his ability to take back line marks.
how many games has the kid played.......?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

tony_montana

« Reply #175 on: June 05, 2012, 05:29:42 PM »
Yeah hooray lets drop rance or Griffiths or Grimes or Bach or dea for another mguane type in moore. No way noise will never adjust to the pace of the game today ... Footy leaves no passengers behind
hmm batch is not a tall the way hes fumbled lately i wonder if hes a player at times.
  seems to me grimes is hurt and not playing its been a theme . grimesy is a skinny runt atm and i bet he will suffer more than his fair share of injuries because of it.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #176 on: June 05, 2012, 08:07:13 PM »
I just get the feeling Kel might struggle with the pace of the game and may call stumps for his own benefit and the clubs. Club should keep him on in an off field capacity.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #177 on: June 05, 2012, 09:17:54 PM »
Back line is tight, no one is getting dropped. However, there is nothing wrong with players trying to break in and put some healthy pressure on the senior boys. Maintains some tenacity and 4 quarter efforts if there are others nipping at your heels.

All said and done it would be good for him just to have an influence on the up and comers

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #178 on: June 05, 2012, 09:59:43 PM »

I would agree with both and perhaps that has been the intention all along?
I've always thought that this was about achieving the goal of being able to returnto his previous condition/fitness. I know that it doesn't make sense to put all that hard work into surgery/ recovery and training just to get back to peak fitness and not play... Imo I've always thought that the club was prepared to stick by him 100% to get back on track and then take it from there.

If he does retire it could be one of the greatest non comebacks of all time
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #179 on: June 05, 2012, 10:05:18 PM »
Batchelor is only a 2nd year player.

To fumble once in a blue moon is not too bad. Hes a solid player

if moore was fit and got back into form he would be a handy reolacement for grimes atm.

i dont know much about his injuries but i figure if he was playing under duress before the ops  and  the ops have fixed him and allows him to play pain free there would be a chance he can come back better than before. me i thought he lost some pace and he was struggling because of it. obviously his hips affected the way he ran and his pace. if he does get back theres every chance we will have an even better player than before.

thats it though long time out, can he get back to form.  is he over the problem, can he play without doing any further harm?  if yes to these questions  hes a badly needed experienced player who offers us depth down back.
if the answer is no then we should do him a favor and make him retire.

not one of  us knows the real story. we  can only assume the club would have cut him long before this if they thought he could not get back or if the medical prognosis was he cant get back.sometimes even i have to trust their word.
even if we keep kel and he does get back to form  hes not the type we lack. i think we should be targeting a different type of kpd  one about 195/ 100kg if possible. depth and cover is what we are now looking for.