Author Topic: Wallace comments NOT ON IMHO / Plough blasts Demetriou over draft system  (Read 3331 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Wallace comments NOT ON IMHO / Plough blasts Demetriou over draft system
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2007, 05:07:24 PM »
What an absolute prick!
Ditto.

Instead of Fonzie, Plough should have called Demetriou an Ostrich. He always has his head in the sand  ::). We've basically got from him this week that the priority pick system is right but it doesn't help  ??? and from him today it wouldn't be an issue if teams didn't finish down the bottom even though priority picks are designed for bottom sides ???.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2007, 09:20:37 PM »
Terry was absolutely spot on with what he said.

I had the misfortune of watching the first qtr of the Melb -v- Blues game on Fox yesterday and that games was an absolute indictment on this competition.

It was clear in the first 10 minutes that Carlton had no intention of being competitive let only winning.

the problem with the system is that htey changed it this year to this "if you only win so many games over a 2 year period". That was only ever going to favour one Club in 2007 and that Carlton. The system is joke.

But actually I am not sure what is the biggest joke the system or Andy D trying to justify it by harping on that teams don't tank -  because that is absolute crap! No joke :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Moi

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2007, 08:28:07 AM »
Wonder what Mike Fitzpatrick of the commission thinks about all this.
Two questions.

When was he appointed to the commission and when was the PP rule put in place or the new version, having to win so many games to get it?

I'm over it, but was really disappointed in Fonzie's reaction saying sour grapes.  He's not fit to be a water boy, let alone a commissioner with those comments  :banghead

Ramps

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2007, 09:29:22 AM »
you guys are way to biased against the AFL to see the reality of it. By the way Andrew Demetriou told the truth....we were poo in 2007 and thats the fact.

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2007, 09:42:06 AM »

I had the misfortune of watching the first qtr of the Melb -v- Blues game on Fox yesterday and that games was an absolute indictment on this competition.

It was clear in the first 10 minutes that Carlton had no intention of being competitive let only winning.

my feelings exactly. It was disgraceful.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2007, 09:46:04 AM »
you guys are way to biased against the AFL to see the reality of it. By the way Andrew Demetriou told the truth....we were pooh in 2007 and thats the fact.

Yes we were pooh, but someone has to be.

Say we finished 10th or 11th, another team would have taken our spot and their coach would have said the same thing, 'we finished bottom, but don't get a number one pick and we can't afford to lose the Number 1 PSD pick.'
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2007, 09:47:06 AM »

The fat boy Lance can't make the distance from 40 out  ::)
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2007, 10:41:16 AM »

The fat boy Lance can't make the distance from 40 out  ::)

Ditto Jarrad Waite.
EAT EM ALIVE!

retygas

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2007, 02:58:37 PM »
Fonz wants to listen to the mesasage. It wasn't about the Richmond or come to that matter, Carlton either. Yes we both should have won more games. But we didn't.
It was to say that it made it look like we have tanked to get the better picks, not so.
Terry as I understand it was saying that this system helps you get better draft picks if you are hopeless. And this isn't what he wants.
Terry came up with a plan before and I thought it was a good one. So it could be a little sour grapes but I don't think so.
Fonz is a pure a hole and he thinks his sh#t doesn't stink, he also thinks he know what is going on. He's the biggest fool out there and he's running the game we love and he has no insight into what the hell is going on. So before he opens his dopey mouth he should think of what he wants to say a little like Akermanis.
Lets hope 08 is better for us.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2007, 06:54:39 PM »
you guys are way to biased against the AFL to see the reality of it. By the way Andrew Demetriou told the truth....we were pooh in 2007 and thats the fact.
No doubt we're crap Ramps but as retygas says the big picture on this issue isn't about us though. Next year we may win 8, 10 or more games but that won't make the tanking issue go away. Make the bottom 8 a weighted lottery so you don't get the farce where clubs and supporters want to lose to finish a spot lower or two.

The 2-year rule is a rolling one to boot. So if Carlton win 4 or less games again next year they'll get another 1st pick in the draft  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2007, 07:20:36 PM »
I think The "Fonz" has missed the point.

An AFL coach felt he was compromised by the rules.