Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 401929 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #2250 on: June 08, 2020, 06:46:32 PM »
The experience that made Tigers captain appreciate women even more

By Marc McGowan
afl.com.au
8 June 2020

TRENT Cotchin needed a moment to compose himself.

It was July 27 last year. The Richmond captain's wife, and the mother of his two other children, Brooke, was in the process of being rushed off for an emergency cesarean section.

"I suppose once the obstetrician makes the call, given it's an emergency, everything happens really quickly, and I just found myself completely rattled," Cotchin told Last Time I Cried.

"I was meant to be the sign of strength but I knew that it wasn't exactly what Brooke wanted, and the health of her and the baby are absolutely A1 and the most important thing.

"But getting rushed down to theatre, I must have looked white, because the nurse came up to me. She was like, 'Hey, are you OK?' and I was like, 'I might just need a minute'.

"So they put me out in the waiting room, which was the worst place I could have gone.

"I just sat in this dingy little room, staring at the ceiling, going, 'Why am I out here? I'm not the one on the table about to go through probably one of the more challenging things in my life'."

Soon after that moment of despair came more positive tears, when Cotchin returned to his wife's side to welcome their third child and first son, Parker, to the world.

Their older two children are both girls, Harper and Mackenzie.

[  - Trent Cotchin on wife Brooke's C-section ]

"To watch all of our talented medical staff get to work and pull out a healthy baby and then realise it was a boy … I don't even know what came out of me then – it was tears of joy," Cotchin said

"It was the rawest of emotions. I was so proud of Brooke. I probably wasn't aware of what was about to come, with regards to recovery time.

"You don't realise the significance until you start to go through it. That was a hard time but an amazingly special time."

Cotchin said the experience made him appreciate not only his wife but all women even more than he already did.

"They cut through something like 32 layers of tissue and muscle and tendons," he said of Brooke's C-section.

"That's pretty significant, particularly on the back of going through a nine-month journey of carrying the baby, and us as men not contributing much, except for the initial part of the process.

"Then they have the baby, have to recover, still have to breastfeed and have to look after two other kids. I take my hat off to all women."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/441650/the-experience-that-made-tigers-captain-appreciate-women-even-more

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2251 on: June 13, 2020, 12:08:02 AM »
1. Trent Cotchin still among the league’s elite

Former Brownlow medallist Trent Cotchin also turned back time, racking up 23 disposals (15 contested) to stamp himself best afield for the men in yellow and black. Cotchin’s willingness to throw himself at the ball at every contest proved valuable for the Tigers, as for the early portions of the match he seemed to be their only midfielder on the ground.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2020/06/12/five-things-we-learnt-from-richmond-versus-collingwood/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2252 on: June 15, 2020, 07:36:23 PM »
Richmond's Round 2 stand out: Trent Cotchin

The skipper led from the front on a very strange night of football. The Tigers were under fire early but Cotchin held strong before he was the architect of his side’s comeback in the eventual draw. He drove the ball inside 50 on six occasions (an equal team high) while leading the way with seven clearances plus five tackles and 23 touches, willing himself to contests in true Cotchin style.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/06/15/the-players-who-stood-out-and-those-who-must-improve/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2253 on: June 22, 2020, 03:05:29 PM »
‘Thanks for posting this on a photo of my kids’: Tigers skipper hits back at AFL troll

June 22, 2020
Jai Bednall
news.com.au

Two days after the AFL launched its new social campaign #PlayFairOnline, Tigers skipper Trent Cotchin took the high road in an exchange with an Instagram follower that left him scratching his head.

After a surprise 32-point defeat against the Hawks left Richmond winless since the resumption of the AFL season a fortnight ago, Cotchin posted a photograph of his daughters, Harper and Mackenzie.

It received a warm response from everyone bar one salty so-called supporter, who wrote: “Focus on footy u guys are playing s***, I love Richmond but it’s not acceptable.”

Cotchin delivered an even-handed reply: “Thanks mate, appreciate your feedback but one loss doesn’t make a season and we are 3 rounds in. Appreciate you posting this on a photo of my kids which will always be more important than a game. Thanks.”

It was the follower’s follow-up that provided the most frightening insight into the mindset of social media trolls.

With trolls like this, what hope have we got.Source: Instagram

“Cotchin I’m joking I love u bro,” he responded. “Ur my fav player I can’t believe u replied.”

No apology. No reflection on how poor his behaviour was initially. Just excitement that someone had paid attention to him.

Come on mate, do better.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/thanks-for-posting-this-on-a-photo-of-my-kids-tigers-skipper-hits-back-at-afl-troll/news-story/5a5faf96c775e239c725eeaa2b69dfd9

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2254 on: June 22, 2020, 09:05:22 PM »
hahaha what a great comeback Cotch.

Social media is for the tip. The worst culprit is twitter.

That guys account has been deactivated.  :lol :lol
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2255 on: June 23, 2020, 09:43:33 AM »
Agreed. Social media blows.

It promotes misinformation and gives dangerous idiots a megaphone.

It's leading to a rise in extremism on all sides of politics.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2256 on: June 23, 2020, 11:01:14 AM »
It also gives too much information to those who can't handle it

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2257 on: June 23, 2020, 11:03:10 AM »
Twitter and the rest of social media is for the tip. Its the sanctity for the great unwashed.

This blokes response when Cotch answered was pathetic. Arent people embarrased to do poo like that.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2258 on: June 23, 2020, 08:43:22 PM »
Twitter and the rest of social media is for the tip. Its the sanctity for the great unwashed.

This blokes response when Cotch answered was pathetic. Arent people embarrased to do poo like that.

You'd love Twitter Ramps; those who are anti-left are tweeting some amazing comedy gold at the moment. Some of the best stuff is coming from Victoria Libs, especially the member for Kew Tim Smith. As for the left, they are trying to keep up. 😎

And on a serious note what about some of the stuff that gets posted here? Forums are form of social media. Or is it only the people who post on the likes of Twitter, Instagram etc that should be embarrassed?

hahaha what a great comeback Cotch.

Social media is for the tip. The worst culprit is twitter.

That guys account has been deactivated.  :lol :lol

Twitter is worst but that stuff in the article wasn't on Twitter but another platform 🤔

And social media is for the tip but this forum is considered a social media platform, go figure  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2259 on: June 24, 2020, 08:46:59 AM »
I come in here for some laughs. God knows I need some considering the dark places Ive been too mentally speaking. You know things are no good when you seriously contemplate your life and in my case stopping dialysis treatment. Anyway, Ivd never been on twitter or instagram i read enough of that garbage copy and posted on here like that response to trent. How pathetic can someone be to write I love you bro when he saw cotch responded. It is indeed for the great unwashed.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2260 on: June 24, 2020, 10:35:47 AM »
Twitter is great.
Great tiger connections on there.
We more than hold our own against the oppo supporters.
Especially the minnows that have a crack like Lolnorf.

As for the politics Tim Smith what a absolute twit.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2261 on: June 24, 2020, 12:28:31 PM »
Twitter is great.
Great tiger connections on there.
We more than hold our own against the oppo supporters.
Especially the minnows that have a crack like Lolnorf.

As for the politics Tim Smith what a absolute twit.

:thumbsup

Have to say Geelong supporters are great value. Talk about salty  :rollin

I am not condoning the Cotch stuff in any way. But this forum is a form of social media and some of the stuff over the years is on par to what that moron posted...

And Ramps if you want a laugh then seriously Twitter is for you! 

Trump's tweets are sensational

And the parody account "Translate Trump" is even better. 

And for those of us no religiously inclined the God twitter account is brilliant  ;D

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2262 on: June 24, 2020, 08:09:55 PM »
the same as jumping on someones twitter account when they are celebrating their kids birthday and having a personal attack at them? Give me a break WP.

There is a reason why twitter shares have dropped in half since its inception and thats because its rubbish. Same goes for Instagram IMO, which only survives as its owned by facebook.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2263 on: June 24, 2020, 09:52:51 PM »
The United States is now teetering on the brink of a second civil war basically because of twitter and tik tok.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2264 on: June 24, 2020, 10:05:38 PM »
the same as jumping on someones twitter account when they are celebrating their kids birthday and having a personal attack at them? Give me a break WP.

There is a reason why twitter shares have dropped in half since its inception and thats because its rubbish. Same goes for Instagram IMO, which only survives as its owned by facebook.

Newsflash for you although I did say it yesterday

It wasn't on Twitter..... it was Instragram

And again I really wish you'd read (1) what you write and (2) my replies to what you write

You said "social media is for the tip". That is what you said, not me but you

My response to what you wrote is  that this forum is part of social media.

I didn't condone what the loser did. just that I find it amusing people taking a hammer to "social media" about it