Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 479226 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2008, 08:55:29 PM »
Trent Cotchin got through half a game today in the Coburg Reserves.

He started on the ball and was switching between the ball, forward and then onto the bench for two qtrs.

He looks a very likely player showed a great footy brain and also some great skills in the half he played.

Trent said that he felt great and wanted to play more but he wasnt allowed to (Coditioning staff orders)

The next few weeks should be very exciting as he starts stepping it up.

If your not busy next Saturday it will be worth the drive to Port Melbourne to see him play.

What time do they play

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2008, 09:06:49 PM »
Reserves start at 11.10.

I assume that he will play Reserves again next week and until he can get through a full game. Then he will playe Coburg Seniors once his forms warrants which shouldnt take long from todays performance. Hopefully he is playing for Richmond in about 6 wks.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2008, 09:13:26 PM »
I will feel alot better about life when Richmond are playing:

C: Cotchin Cogs Deledio
R: Patto Tambling Foley

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2008, 09:17:48 PM »
When Connors, Cotchin, Collins and Casserley are all fit and strong enough to be playing every week we will be in better shape.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2008, 09:38:37 PM »
Trent Cotchin got through half a game today in the Coburg Reserves.

He started on the ball and was switching between the ball, forward and then onto the bench for two qtrs.

He looks a very likely player showed a great footy brain and also some great skills in the half he played.

Trent said that he felt great and wanted to play more but he wasnt allowed to (Coditioning staff orders)

The next few weeks should be very exciting as he starts stepping it up.

If your not busy next Saturday it will be worth the drive to Port Melbourne to see him play.
Cheers for that TFL  :cheers. Sure but steady for Cotch although he hasn't had a preseason so even if he eventually plays seniors this year he won't really be match fit until 2009.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2008, 11:51:54 PM »
I will feel alot better about life when Richmond are playing:

C: Cotchin Cogs Deledio
R: Patto Tambling Foley

like the sound of that.....perhaps even swap Patto for Natanui?...haha...Patto as the backup ruck would be ideal...that has the potential of being a really formidable midfield when things all pan out....maybe also with connors, newman, edwards, collins chipping in....

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2008, 06:00:11 PM »
Ch 10 sports report:

Young tiger Cotchin is a chance to debut against the Cats. They then cut to Wallace saying Cotch's second half was excellent.

Make of that what you will.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2008, 07:23:23 PM »
Ch 10 sports report:

Young tiger Cotchin is a chance to debut against the Cats. They then cut to Wallace saying Cotch's second half was excellent.

Make of that what you will.
Still can't see it.  I could very easily be proven wrong but I reckon he is still 2-3 weeks away - minimum.  I don't reckon they will play him until his fitness is good enough to play 4 hard quarters for Coburg.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2008, 08:04:11 PM »
In would be a mistake IMHO to throw him in against the Cats. Not only in he not match fit or played in Coburgs best as yet, he is still only a skinny kid who will be targeting and exposed by a very physically strong, skilled and confident team.

Better to bring him in against the Dons where his size will not be such an issue and he can have another week to develop his fitness and confidence. The Dons are trying to play a running style, similiar to ourselves, and have a lot of smaller sized players through the middle which Cotch would be able to compete and, hopefully, expose with his polish.

At least another week for mine...but I'm not the one making the decisions am I. :shh

Stripes

Tigermonk

« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2008, 08:41:12 PM »
no player should be given a game unless he has deserved it & proved himself at Coburg
His done none of that & would be unfair to other players

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2008, 09:39:02 PM »
Would suggest that he is more likely to debut at the Dreamtime game.  :pray

Should have a fitness base by then to play at least 65% of game time.

Saw the Coburg v Pies game on DVD and is clearly a talent, probably needs to play more footy against men, however just oozes quality in his disposal and will quickly become a class above VFL level.

Tigermonk

« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2008, 08:18:07 AM »
Sometimes players rated highly like Cotchin will perform better at AFL level than at VFL level because they like the faster game & skills even that they have smaller body,  as long as they keep moving,  they lessen the chances of being hit  ;D
Players like McMahon who stand still & walk watching his team-mates do the hard stuff & 1%'ers often get hit hard  ;D as you have all noticed
Players like Kingy always moving also give a better chance to nail someone like a McMahon  ;D

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2008, 05:22:10 PM »
play Cotchin !

he was in the bests for Coburg 3 weeks ago. 2nd best behind that joel bowden. we lost that match.

how is the progression on Rance ?

Tigermonk

« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2008, 05:36:38 PM »
Rance done nothing last week, he is long way off  :thumbsup

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2008, 06:55:29 PM »
cotchin deserves it and is ready