Author Topic: Trade rumours and scuttlebutt  (Read 55065 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Trade rumours and scuttlebutt
« on: September 08, 2007, 04:17:35 AM »
On the St Kilda forum Saintsational they are saying the Saints are interested in Pettifer.

On the Sydney forum R&W online some Swannie said Jolly would demand our best player Foley in return.

It's time again for the silly season  :whistle

blx

Re: Trade rumours and scuttlebutt
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 09:01:12 AM »
have heard this Petts rumour too.

P-train loves being at Richmond. He's made alot of close mates and is well respected within the senior group. You see it when they're out together too. He hangs with Richo and Browny alot.

I suppose out of all our positions on the field HFF is one position that we could afford to fill with someone else but Petts has improved every season. If he had his kicking boots on this year he'd of kicked a fair few more goals.

My only quibble if he was traded would be that we've put a hell of alot into him and have waited for him patiently to develop and now he's starting to finally show something what are we gonna do, trade him?

The answer to that is probobly that the time has come where we have enough potential replacements ready to fill the void and he has enough bargaining power now to get us another potential first round pick. Would mis his high marking talents though.

i hate his defensive talents or should i say lack of. His bobblehead running from behind reminds me of some of my hilarious primary school performances in the 100m, while coming last. But its all about participation right  :D

If he was a better defensive player i'd keep him but alas he falls short.

So whats my verdict?

If we get a first round upgrade then i think its worth it. We basically replace a HFF with a KPP  :thumbsup

Moi

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 09:12:16 AM »
It's amazing how this has gathered momentum since Billy rang Finey on SEN  :rollin

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 10:20:54 AM »
If we get a first round upgrade then i think its worth it. We basically replace a HFF with a KPP  :thumbsup

my only qualm is that if we do that we get rid of a HFF who we know can play at AFL level, for a kid KPP who may not even make the grade. Not putting down any of the young talls but that has to be taken into account

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 11:54:05 AM »
I am interested in Ryan O'Keefe from the Swans because I reckon he is an absolute gun player

We should start a rumour about the Tiges being interested him :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 11:55:58 AM »
Never trade for the sake of it.

Plenty of others to try and trade before Pettifer.

The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 11:57:23 AM »
I am interested in Ryan O'Keefe from the Swans because I reckon he is an absolute gun player

We should start a rumour about the Tiges being interested him :thumbsup

why stop there WP, I hear Judd, Jono Brown and Pavlich are all keen on richmond  :shh  :lol

richmondrules

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 12:37:26 PM »
Pettifer would be one of the few players who would be worth something. Would not be opposed to this trade but would want something pretty good in return. This is the sort of trade that when played well can set a team up. It is exactly the sort of trade Richmond do not do and would probably stuff up if they did. If we could upgrade our 2nd pick sufficiently to allow us to pick up one of the more fancied Rucks / KPP's in this draft then might be worth it. St. Kilda's 1st pick for Pettifer and our second. Sounds a winner to me but doubt it would happen.

FWIW I quite like Petts and would feel sad to see him go.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 02:17:21 PM »
St. Kilda's 1st pick for Pettifer and our second. Sounds a winner to me but doubt it would happen.

Sounds like us getting shafted to me.  :D
We give up a 1st round pick who's playing well plus a 2nd round pick for a first round pick in return.
No thanks.

ps Heard a strong rumour that the pies will be comprehensively knocked out in week 1. Hard to believe something like that could happen but there you go.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

richmondrules

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 03:49:45 PM »
St. Kilda's 1st pick for Pettifer and our second. Sounds a winner to me but doubt it would happen.

Sounds like us getting shafted to me.  :D
We give up a 1st round pick who's playing well plus a 2nd round pick for a first round pick in return.
No thanks.

ps Heard a strong rumour that the pies will be comprehensively knocked out in week 1. Hard to believe something like that could happen but there you go.

Suppose I reckon you've got to give up something to get something. It's a case of looking at what you need and what you've got and not worrying about what other teams have or are likely to get and forgetting about getting screwed or not. It's not a competition (well it is but that's not what I mean   :D ), what you're trying to do is build a good list and stuff what other teams are doing. You certainly wouldn't get St Kilda giving up their first round pick for Petts. If we really want an early KPP then we have to give something good for it. Connors could probably be played in his position. I suppose I was thinking an early KPP is more valuable to us than an early HFF. Ok Petts is proven where a draft pick is an uncertainty.

Actually I've just looked and I suppose St Kilda has pick 9 this year wish could be a little to late to make the deal worthwhile for us, so I would say pass. I thought they finished lower. I thought perhaps pick 5 or 6. Oh well.

As I said I like Petts, but he is a HFF without the magic that Browny gives us. Good for 40 - 50 goals a year so no biggy to keep him. I'm happy either way.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 06:20:12 PM »
I hope we don't trade Petts as he's finally starting to payback the time we've spent on him to develop. We'd want a fair bit for him if we were to let him go. A HFF who has kicked almost 40 goals isn't someone you let go lightly. A early first round pick at least.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Passionfruit

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 01:37:44 PM »
Hey Bull, what about the other ""big"" rumour  :shh ;)

Ramps

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 04:12:46 PM »
so whats the big rumour

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 02:36:12 PM »
Kingsley retired too soon  :lol.

From the Saints forum:
I reckon Kent Kingsley is the type of player needed as a forward. Pettifer will cost too much and is probably holding out Kingsley at Richmond.

Kent Kingsley is a very good player. Has been unlucky not to get too many games with the bottom side this season. Maybe 2nd or 3rd pick or even just a straight swap with someone like Milne or Baker.
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=453446#453446
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 02:54:28 PM »
Kingsley retired too soon  :lol.

From the Saints forum:
I reckon Kent Kingsley is the type of player needed as a forward. Pettifer will cost too much and is probably holding out Kingsley at Richmond.

Kent Kingsley is a very good player. Has been unlucky not to get too many games with the bottom side this season. Maybe 2nd or 3rd pick or even just a straight swap with someone like Milne or Baker.
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=453446#453446

:o   :o  Good Lord.
EAT EM ALIVE!