Author Topic: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]  (Read 95240 times)

Ox

Re: Judd threads [merged]
« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2007, 04:29:40 PM »
Caro talks thru her dilated butthole.

We're a great chance to get Judd.

Get used to it.

Nobody here has any fukcen clue anyway...

Ramps

« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2007, 05:11:02 PM »
its all hearsay a.t.m. where the hell judd goes, at least it could make for an interesting trade period for a change.

hell the guy probably doesnt even know himself.

gotta love these so-called reporters they are trying to out do each other with the big scoop on where he is going, its gonna come down to who wants him the most and what they are willing to trade for him.

now whats this about mcclean wanting out of the demons?

I'm listening, tell me about McLean??

so is mclean available, i didnt know he was out of contract or wanting out from the demons. in reality for what we need id prefer mclean to judd.  about 1/3rd the cost of judd and someone to help foley and co.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2007, 05:18:48 PM »
What I would want for pick 2 scenarios

Carlton
West Coast might want pick 2 and 3 for Judd
What I want - Carlton pick 1

Collingwood
They need pick 2 in my opinion
What I want - Pendlebury and Reid

Essendon
Pick 2 and 6 for Judd
What I want - Pick 6  :lol and Gumbleton

Hawthorn
What I want - Hodge

Melbourne
Pick 2 and 4 for Judd
What I want - Nathan Jones and Brock McLean

St Kilda
Pick 2 and 9 for Judd
What I want - Armitage and Dal Santo

Kangaroos
Unlikely to get him
What I want - Hamish McIntosh and Lachlan Hansen

All unrealistic, but we can afford to be  :lol

This is the way we should be thinking or at least exploring possibilities.

Someone is going to want our pick 2 in an attempt to get the judd deal for themselves over the line.

Carlton have pick 1 and 3. At the moment per some media reports they have offered West Coast their pick 3 a latter pick and a player. This of course is only their opening bid, however I do believe that Carlton would be prepared to give up their 1st and 3rd picks to ultimately secure Judd. The big question that has to be answered is WHO IS JUDDS PREFFERED OPTION, If it is Melbourne and I very much expect it to be Melbourne then I believe for them to get the deal over the line they are going to require our pick 2 to do it. As Mighty Tiges said in an earlier post "we are not a charity" However If Melbourne offered us (example only: Colin Sylvia and Brock Mclean) for this pick then I believe that would be adequate compensation, this then would give melbourne the ability to go to the table with West Coast and offer picks 2 and 4 for Judd. It's not 1 and 3 but it could be an acceptable outcome for all involved.

Lets look at pick 2 for a moment

1. 17 or 18 years of age
2. Raw Talent
3. Top 1% of demonstrated ability for peer group.
4. Top % for potential success at AFL level
5. Potential 10 plus year career in AFL
6. Potential 200 to 250 game player for the club

If the above criteria is intrinsic with a pick 2 then it stands to reason that if you were to trade a pick 2 then you would be expecting to gain a player or players that would closley approximate the criteria above, otherwise you could be found guilty of short changing yourself in the long run.

You certainly would not be looking to trade your pick 2 for Josh Fraser. That says a lot about how Wayne Carey views Richmond, he thinks we are fools. He knows that there are going to be some stupid gullable bastards that will believe him and think it is a great Idea.

Regardless of the crap that eminates from Carey's mouth we could find ourselves in a situation where a great deal could be possible, the deal would have to closly follow the parameters of the above criteria we could trade for a player who is 20, who was also an early draft pick and still fits all of the other criteria but we have the added bonus of a more mature player, raw talent that has been developed to some extent already and we have him now we don't have to wait another 2-3 years for him to grow and develop he already has. Its ok to do this at the younger levels but when you get into the mid 20's the exercise becomes a short term gain option. It too can have its place, but not in our current situation.

So given the above criteria who is a potential tiger player and which club stands the best chance of gaining our pick 2 and chris judd.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Ox

« Reply #123 on: September 18, 2007, 05:22:19 PM »

Hello?

The lack of cunning on this board,while refreshing,is quite a concern.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2007, 05:42:12 PM »

Hello?

Do you mean Ox agreeing to let the Blues take Judd in the PSD if they give us pick 1 or 3 and then shafting them by picking up Judd anyway in the PSD  :rollin.

Or how about slipping a Ch 7 reporter phoney medical reports of Judd's condition showing his groin problem is much more serious than anyone realises so no one wants him and we pick him up in the PSD.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

« Reply #125 on: September 18, 2007, 05:45:28 PM »
along those lines.

What has the system done for us lately ?

What friends ????

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2007, 06:04:14 PM »
along those lines.

What has the system done for us lately ?

What friends ????
That's true Ox but in reality we still need to walk a fine line. If we get a reputation of shafting clubs who trade with us then in future years no one will. That's what happened to Sheeds and Essendon. In Sheeds' last few year hardly any other club would trade with Essendon and so they got left holding onto their average players. Collingwood is in a similar boat for different reasons. As wayne said they think all their players are superstars  :nope and miss out on the big fish all the time. Every Pie supporter thinks Rusling and their first pick (#14) will get them Judd  :wallywink.

The 1st PSD pick is a massive trump card for us given now the likelihood of a number of quality players entering the market. Like a Tiger be patient as others show their hand, wait for the right moment and then pounce :thumbsup.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2007, 06:12:58 PM »

Hello?

Do you mean Ox agreeing to let the Blues take Judd in the PSD if they give us pick 1 or 3 and then shafting them by picking up Judd anyway in the PSD  :rollin.

Or how about slipping a Ch 7 reporter phoney medical reports of Judd's condition showing his groin problem is much more serious than anyone realises so no one wants him and we pick him up in the PSD.

that's using your noggin  :thumbsup

Ox

« Reply #128 on: September 18, 2007, 06:21:03 PM »
We show no mercy,BS our arses off and then screw them all,ultimately leading to securing Judd.

We then blame Miller for using tactics contrary to the RFC code of conduct and fire him in disgust.

PS - Now would be a good time for the bog wog CRAZY JOHN to donate new facilities to the club that he has constantly flaunted his riches in front of.

Ox

« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2007, 06:23:36 PM »
All clubs should be making an issue of Hos OP condition-will help level the playing field for us all

IMO, he needs most of 08 off and huge 09 pre season

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #130 on: September 18, 2007, 06:25:24 PM »
Adelaide's former recruiter who brought Jarman and Carey to the Crows said on SEN that Judd would have no hesitation going to Richmond. We have an exciting group of youngsters.

He also said in his experience Judd will base on his decision on the playing group of the club he wants to go to. How he fits in (Adelaide got Carey by organising a night for Carey to meet the playing group). He did say Carlton are favourites as they have picks 1 & 3 plus a player to offer. Us, Essendon and Collingwood could all afford him.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: September 18, 2007, 06:42:01 PM »
We then blame Miller for using tactics contrary to the RFC code of conduct and fire him in disgust.

Pure evil. I love it!

:thumbsup

Ox

« Reply #132 on: September 18, 2007, 06:42:21 PM »
Adelaide's former recruiter who brought Jarman and Carey to the Crows said on SEN that Judd would have no hesitation going to Richmond. We have an exciting group of youngsters.

Der fred :shh

Ox

« Reply #133 on: September 18, 2007, 06:49:19 PM »

Pure evil. I love it!

:thumbsup

and the best part is,the only person we lose is Miller - enter Sheeds.

Graeme Richmond,here we come.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #134 on: September 18, 2007, 06:54:41 PM »
This is the way we should be thinking or at least exploring possibilities.

Someone is going to want our pick 2 in an attempt to get the judd deal for themselves over the line.

Carlton have pick 1 and 3. At the moment per some media reports they have offered West Coast their pick 3 a latter pick and a player. This of course is only their opening bid, however I do believe that Carlton would be prepared to give up their 1st and 3rd picks to ultimately secure Judd. The big question that has to be answered is WHO IS JUDDS PREFFERED OPTION, If it is Melbourne and I very much expect it to be Melbourne then I believe for them to get the deal over the line they are going to require our pick 2 to do it. As Mighty Tiges said in an earlier post "we are not a charity" However If Melbourne offered us (example only: Colin Sylvia and Brock Mclean) for this pick then I believe that would be adequate compensation, this then would give melbourne the ability to go to the table with West Coast and offer picks 2 and 4 for Judd. It's not 1 and 3 but it could be an acceptable outcome for all involved.

Lets look at pick 2 for a moment

1. 17 or 18 years of age
2. Raw Talent
3. Top 1% of demonstrated ability for peer group.
4. Top % for potential success at AFL level
5. Potential 10 plus year career in AFL
6. Potential 200 to 250 game player for the club

If the above criteria is intrinsic with a pick 2 then it stands to reason that if you were to trade a pick 2 then you would be expecting to gain a player or players that would closley approximate the criteria above, otherwise you could be found guilty of short changing yourself in the long run.

You certainly would not be looking to trade your pick 2 for Josh Fraser. That says a lot about how Wayne Carey views Richmond, he thinks we are fools. He knows that there are going to be some stupid gullable bastards that will believe him and think it is a great Idea.

Regardless of the crap that eminates from Carey's mouth we could find ourselves in a situation where a great deal could be possible, the deal would have to closly follow the parameters of the above criteria we could trade for a player who is 20, who was also an early draft pick and still fits all of the other criteria but we have the added bonus of a more mature player, raw talent that has been developed to some extent already and we have him now we don't have to wait another 2-3 years for him to grow and develop he already has. Its ok to do this at the younger levels but when you get into the mid 20's the exercise becomes a short term gain option. It too can have its place, but not in our current situation.

So given the above criteria who is a potential tiger player and which club stands the best chance of gaining our pick 2 and chris judd.

Good summary of the criteria for pick 2 RR  :clapping

I see it the same way that another Club will have to offer us a deal too good to refuse before parting with pick 2. I'll be happy with Cotchin at Punt Rd if nothing happens. The kid can play.   

If all these clubs are after early picks to get Judd then the demand makes these picks more valuable. It'll also reduce the time for other out of contract players to be traded. Our PSD pick allows us to be stubborn so-and-soes during trade week and we must be. Divide and conquer  :thumbsup.