Author Topic: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]  (Read 94813 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]
« Reply #795 on: November 23, 2007, 01:20:52 PM »

OR d) Are in a position where you have done favours for or business with the people making the decisions and they return the favour  :whistle.
Mt, this sort of behaviour is actually directly related to a medical condition called "Andrewmetriousis"  ;) :lol
;D

I believe that's very similar to another condition called Adrianandersonosis where symptons include a compulsive urge to fix things that ain't broken  ;)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #796 on: November 27, 2007, 11:16:46 PM »
Round 1 2008

Pretty close game til half time with Carlton sneaking out to about a 3-4 goal lead.
Richmond come at them a couple of times, but Carlton manage to hold us off.
Then BANG before you now it Carlton are out to 10 goals up late in the 3rd and it is all falling apart again.
One passage of play in the backline McMahon backs himeself with the ball and breaks a tackle getting caught high then nabbed by another blue while in a headlock, ends up going to ground.
And guess what - Carlton free for holding the ball (Crowd goes ballistic), but once again it is all too late and a disastrous start with a 100 point loss looming aginst the Blues of all teams in the first game and the umps obviously not going to give us a go this year either.

Then I woke up - Man some dreams are just tooooooo real and I was feeling quite ill 'seriously' and down for an hour or so after waking.

NB: The game in the dream was at the turd dome - So let's hope it wasn't a premonition.

If we start like that - I would say sack Wallace straight away. :help

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #797 on: November 28, 2007, 01:11:41 AM »
For me CUB next years round 1 game gives our club the opportunity to get some closure on a dark chapter in our history.
In round 1 1983 we played Carlton at Princes Park. This game went along the similar lines you graphically described although the margins were different and after we were 18 points down at 3 quarter time the Bluescum kicked 7 goals to 1 in the last to win by 60 points. This game to me signifies to me the moment in time that our club embarked on this future with no success and very little optimism that has stood up to our distress for the last 25 years.
Historically whenever we play Carlton in round 1 as the away side we lose and we have an awful season as indicated also in 1981 when we were the reigning premier and endured a 62 point loss and never recovered with injuries and narrow defeats combining to leave us in 7th spot and last year which we have spoken about enough.

To me this presents an opportunity for the Richmond Football Club in round 1 next year to embark on a new era and close the history book on the last 25 years of pain .
An opportunity to defeat the Blues and open a new history book on the Richmond Football. One that will have our fortunes on the up. I would find that so apt especially against an adversary who has inflincted so much pain on us over the last 25 years as well as confining them to the scrapheap and prolonging their so called draft and brown paper bag money renaissance. An adversary who has been there firsthand and has inflicted that pain so joyously on us. It is time to change this now and send them to oblivion. I want to see those dogs bleed for much longer b/c even though they have won 3 spoons in the last 5 or so years we have won 2 to take the gloss of my joy at their failure. Let them acquire spoons and failure for eternity. For me next years result in Round 1 will either signify our return or Carlton's return so emotionally I have alot riding on it considering the seasons we both had in 07. To use a political parlance that we have been exposed to recently we need to sweep to power in round 1 next year to change the course of history for the better.
Since our premiership in 1980 here are the moments in history that Carlton have been there first hand to inflict pain on our club and why we must turn the tables on these scumbuckets next year.

Round 1 1981 Waverley
Carlton    3  3  21    10   7   67   13   9   87   22   12   144
Richmond 1  3   9      3   4   22     8   7   55   12   10     82
Hunter and Bosustows first game and we as reigning premiers get thumped and don't recover.

Round 22 1981 MCG
Richmond   1   6   12   2   8   20   3   9   27   5   10   40
Carlton      3   4   22   5   9   39   8  12  60   9    13   67

Needed to win this game to make the finals in wet conditions. We didn't and the skunks subsequent loss to Fitzroy hand the Lions a finals spot and the Blues first spot going on into the finals and an eventual premiership. Our failure to beat Carlton turned out to be their ultimate success..........

1982 Grand Final  MCG
Richmond   4   3   27   9    4   58    9    10   64   12   13    85
Carlton      4   7   31   6   11   47   11   15   81   14   19   103
After beating them comfortably in the 2nd semi we couldn't repeat the feat on the biggest stage of all even though we should have called for a head count when Helen D'amico ran onto the ground to annul Carlton's score. Carlton went on to back to back flags.

1983 Round 1 Princes Park

Carlton       4   0   24    8   6   54   13   9   87   20   16   136
Richmond    4   3   27    7   4   46   10   9   69   11   10    76
The day our fortunes changed on field forever after a summer of discontent with Raines Wood and Cloke defecting to other clubs and leaving our stocks on and off the field alot thinner and who else was there to inflict the pain Carlton.

1983 Sterling Cup Final Waverley
Carlton   2   7   19   8   7   55    12   10   82   14   16   100
Richmond 1  1    7   3    1   19      5   4    34   10    6     66

After a poor year on field to date the opportunity to beat the Blues to at least somewhat erase the memories of the 82 day Grand Final and our heavy round 1 loss to the Blues slip through our fingers and when the final siren sounds we have to endure scenes of navy blue success at our expence.

1989 Round 6 Waverley
Carlton     4   3   27   10   6   66   11   10   76   15   12   102
Richmond  4   2   26    6    7  43     8   11   59     9   12    66

Carlton lose their first 5 games of the season worst start in years. We are a respectable 2-3 and coming off a 37 point win against the Roos where we kicked 26 goals. Guess what the Blues break their duck against us and they finish mid table after a change of coach where their only win to rd 11 was against us and we win 3 more times for the year on our way to our 2nd wooden spoon in 3 seasons. Thank you very much Carlton.

1994 Round 21 Optus Oval
Carlton    8   2   50   13   3   81   20   7   127   25   11   161
Richmond 3   3   21    3    6   24    5   9     39    6   12     48

After an early season loss to competition whipping boys Sydney we recover to win 6 on end at a later point in time and be on line to cement our spot in the finals for the first time in 12 years. Oh yes Fraser Brown kicks 7 of his 12 career goals this day and we just freeze like a rabbit in the headlights. Our % plummets dramatically after this loss and is done no more favours the following week after Geelong finish with us bye bye September. As a side dish Carlton lose to Essendon in round 22 and then lose both their finals against Melbourne and Geelong just to rub the salt into the wounds that little bit more.

Round 22 2000
Carlton    4   1   25   6   5   41   13   7   85   19   11   125
Richmond 2   3   15   4   5   29    6   10  46    7    10    52

After sitting at 8-4 in third spot after round 12 injuries and suspension start ravaging the squad and hence results take a downward spiral after a 5 game winning streak. A one point loss to Sydney who are not finals bound and playing for pride coinciding with a dogs win over Essendon their only loss for the year and then a Hawthorn win over the Dogs leave us with a task of beating Carlton by 24-30 points to make the finals. Our decaying and sorry carcass was licked clean by the Blues who relished in another opportunity inflict pain on us after they had lost 3 in a row. To make matters worse the Blues lost the following week in the first week of the finals.

Round 14 2002  MCG
Carlton    3   5   23   6   6   42   10   6   66   13   8   86
Richmond 4   3   27   8   5   53   10  10  70   12  13   85

Carlton have lost 10 in a row we have lost 5 in a row. Carlton have not looked like winning for weeks and guess what they do this Friday night against us. Despite this we lead for 90% of the match however boom Carlton recruit Corey McKernan plays his one and only decent game tonight for the Blues and kicks five including what turned out to be the winner after Ty Zantuck misses from the 10 yard square with 1 minute remaining. Our season was going nowhere but after 5 losses and watching Carlton slide to the bottom of the table after their worst loss sequence in history it would have been satisfying to say the least however it was like trying to get the easy girl at the bar that every bloke seems to get except she turned you down for some reason. Tigers v Blues once again we leave empty handed.

Round 1 2007 MCG
Carlton    5   5   35   6   11   47   10   17   77   15   25   115
Richmond 5   2   32  10    4   64   13    7   85    15   8      98

After leading Carlton by 27 points 12 minutes into the 3rd quarter an errant handball in our fwd 50 by Hyde where we had the numbers by 3-1 allowed Carlton to force a throw in. From that point on the game changed and we started chip chip chipping and Carlton chip chip chipped away at our lead and eventually overran us by 17 points. We would not win our first game until round 12. Carlton would win their last game in round 11. Obviously we never recovered Carlton tanked took a priority pick and Chris Judd away from us as well. Pain pain pain .

As Gough Whitlam campaigned in 1972. Yes its time
Time for Richmond to put the ghosts of Carlton to sleep for good
Time for progress
Its time to beat the Blues and inflict pain on them
Yes Its Time
Time to leave the Blues for Dead
Time to hit success on the head
Time to change the script that has been always read
Yes its time

« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 01:27:40 AM by Hellenic Tiger 74 »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #798 on: November 28, 2007, 01:26:06 AM »
Round 1 2008

Pretty close game til half time with Carlton sneaking out to about a 3-4 goal lead.
Richmond come at them a couple of times, but Carlton manage to hold us off.
Then BANG before you now it Carlton are out to 10 goals up late in the 3rd and it is all falling apart again.
One passage of play in the backline McMahon backs himeself with the ball and breaks a tackle getting caught high then nabbed by another blue while in a headlock, ends up going to ground.
And guess what - Carlton free for holding the ball (Crowd goes ballistic), but once again it is all too late and a disastrous start with a 100 point loss looming aginst the Blues of all teams in the first game and the umps obviously not going to give us a go this year either.

Then I woke up - Man some dreams are just tooooooo real and I was feeling quite ill 'seriously' and down for an hour or so after waking.

NB: The game in the dream was at the turd dome - So let's hope it wasn't a premonition.

If we start like that - I would say sack Wallace straight away. :help

You're not up to your 3rd strike are you CUB  ;D.

Let's hope it's more like Simmo taps it down to Cogs who handballs to Foley charging pass. He gets it to Cotchin who passes lace out to Richo on the lead who gives it off to Lids over the top to Browny who weaves around 3 Bluebaggers and from the boundary kicks a banana to seal the game for the Tiges. Judd held to just 9 possies by Jacko  :thumbsup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #799 on: November 28, 2007, 02:01:51 AM »
Prefer these results HT74   :yep

Round 12 1988 MCG
Richmond  1.4   4.10   9.18   15.20-110
Carlton      5.6   7.12   9.16   12.21-93 
Friday night at the 'G. Reigning premiers Carlton who are 9-2 are expected to have no trouble dispensing of the reigning wooden spooners and 2-9 bottom placed Tigers. No one told KB's cubs as they cause the boilover the season. The Blues still make the finals but their form for the rest of the year is average after that game and they lose 2 out of 3 of their finals to be eliminated. 

Round 22 1997 Princes Park
Richmond  2.3   6.7    10.10   13.13-91 
Carlton      7.1  10.5    13.6    13.11-89 
The Blues need to win to make the finals while we have nothing to play for. Carlton leads by 42 points early in the second quarter before the Tiges comeback to hit the front with only a minute to go. Blues miss the finals.

Semi-Final 2001 MCG
Richmond  2.5    6.7    9.7    10.7-67 
Carlton      0.2    5.5   6.10    7.14-56
Send Carlton into the wilderness in their last final to date.

Round 7 2005 MCG
Richmond  7.4   13.8   19.11   23.13-151
Carlton      0.2    1.3     5.3       10.6-66 
A first half annihlation where we kick the first 13 goals straight spirals the Blues for the rest of the year towards a wooden spoon. Our greatest winning margin over them.

Round 5 Docklands and Round 20 MCG 2006
Richmond 4.3   13.5   16.13   21.14-140
Carlton     5.2    8.6    13.7      14.11-95 

Richmond   2.3    7.12    11.15    12.20-92 
Carlton       5.4     8.7      9.13     11.18-84
Do the double over the archenemy as they go back-to-back spoons.

Also don't forget that we're 17-4 in finals against the bluebaggers and 4 of our 10 flags have come at their expense  ;). Let's make it more  :thumbsup

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #800 on: November 28, 2007, 06:51:29 AM »
They do make happier reading than the ones I mentioned HT. I just hate them so so so much I can't help but feel nothing but vitriol towards them. I just hope we are primed and fired up against that cheating scum. The 1982 Grannie has sat withb me since then like a lump in my throat.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #801 on: November 28, 2007, 11:48:59 AM »
beating them in round 1 for me personally would be like winning a final.

thats how much i hate those pricks and after all the crap we copped i couldnt think of anything better
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #802 on: November 28, 2007, 02:02:38 PM »
They do make happier reading than the ones I mentioned HT. I just hate them so so so much I can't help but feel nothing but vitriol towards them. I just hope we are primed and fired up against that cheating scum. The 1982 Grannie has sat withb me since then like a lump in my throat.
We were talking about this at training. The way they have manipulated the draft and scored Judd thanks to the AFL giving them first pick despite not finishing last has reminded everyone why we hate them so much.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #803 on: November 28, 2007, 05:52:52 PM »
We were talking about this at training. The way they have manipulated the draft and scored Judd thanks to the AFL giving them first pick despite not finishing last has reminded everyone why we hate them so much.

That's why come round 1 we are fired up for it beat them and let them know they can cheat all they like but they can still get priority picks come the end of the year b/c they are absolute crap. Eat them alive.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #804 on: January 31, 2008, 04:43:36 PM »
bee dee on BF says that Judd's groin may have flared up again.

This is the guy that unearthed details on the praccy match Richmond had when Collard kicked 4.

He seems to be hit and miss though in regards to his rumours, so make of it what you will.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #805 on: January 31, 2008, 08:07:13 PM »
Glenn Luff from Champion Data and the AFL prospectus just said on SEN that they rank Carlton's midfield now the best  ??? just ahead of Brisbane's. He said you can roll off 10 Blues' midfield names.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #806 on: January 31, 2008, 08:57:59 PM »

This is the guy that unearthed details on the praccy match Richmond had when Collard kicked 4.

He seems to be hit and miss though in regards to his rumours, so make of it what you will.
On SEN this morning they said Judd's groin is 90% right so someone is telling porkies.

richmondrules

« Reply #807 on: January 31, 2008, 09:07:44 PM »
Glenn Luff from Champion Data and the AFL prospectus just said on SEN that they rank Carlton's midfield now the best  ??? just ahead of Brisbane's. He said you can roll off 10 Blues' midfield names.

We shall see I suppose. It certainly cost them enough it would want to be good. :yep

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #808 on: January 31, 2008, 09:41:11 PM »
i think the 90% is a bit fanciful, lets say 70% :whistle, and i certainly trust my source within the CFC.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #809 on: January 31, 2008, 09:46:41 PM »

On SEN this morning they said Judd's groin is 90% right so someone is telling porkies.

90% is not 100, and if they say 90, they are admitting not all is right and as r3 says more like 70 or even 50