Author Topic: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]  (Read 95256 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Judd threads [merged]
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2007, 03:48:42 PM »
The only way he can come to Punt Road for me is through PSD but he has a 'conscience' and 'loyalty' to his club  ::)

This won't mean a thing in a few days. It's like Kevin Sheedy and Essendon.

You can try as hard as you can to make it a amicable split up, but someone will be very bitter.

Worsfold, Gooding etc. would of all thought the same thing yesterday when Judd told them his decision... 'Judd you c**t'
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Moi

« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2007, 06:23:04 PM »
Let Carlton blow millions on him and let's get some younger Judds lol
He's a player that relies pretty much on the impact of his speed and such.
A groin injury that could recur will bring him back a bit close to mere mortals.
He's too much of a risk at the price he'll command.
Shiit I wish we had some money though lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2007, 06:57:36 PM »
well all the talk last year was the lack of trade deals done and what a waste of time it was, something tells me that this year could be a toally different story.

let games begin :whistle
The only hitch is every other trade will be held up until the Judd deal is done. If it's like previous trade weeks there'll be bugger all action for 3 days  :sleep and we won't know until the last 24 hours before the trade week deadline.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

richmondrules

« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2007, 07:14:11 PM »
 :sleep wake me up when it's over.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2007, 07:17:35 PM »
Shiit I wish we had some money though lol
Where's Crazy John  :whistle

Worsfold, Gooding etc. would of all thought the same thing yesterday when Judd told them his decision... 'Judd you ****'
It looked like they were still thinking that going by Worsfold's face today at the press conference. Only Judd looked happy and was laughing.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2007, 07:31:41 PM »
Richo was just on SEN at the All-Australian function. He said like anyone he'd love to have Judd at Richmond but it would be a pretty hard trade to pull off.

Another point, is the AFL going to ever give clubs the opportunity to trade future first round picks?
They were thinking about it but trading future picks hasn't come in as yet?

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2007, 09:50:16 PM »
Another point, is the AFL going to ever give clubs the opportunity to trade future first round picks?
They were thinking about it but trading future picks hasn't come in as yet?
[/quote]

I think if the AFL allowed that sort of thing to happen they would be asking for trouble. Keep it simple.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2007, 10:39:50 PM »
Caro says Judd doesn't want to go to Richmond. He's use to good facilities so that ruled us and the Roos out.

4 clubs shortlisted - Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon and Melbourne in it.

Carey said our pick 2 for Josh Fraser and another player is rumoured  ::) :rollin

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2007, 11:59:06 PM »
ah the duck has been stuck in toilet again, wonder who he was feeling up this time, if the woods want one of our picks hand over a class player, fraser a big NO.
 yeh right caro and carltons facilities aint that flash.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2007, 03:28:27 AM »
The Juddernaut is coming home
Caroline Wilson | September 18, 2007

THE biggest trade in AFL history has officially moved into overdrive. Having dropped his bombshell and said goodbye to the West Coast Eagles, Chris Judd will fly home to Melbourne tomorrow and hold talks with four clubs — Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon and Melbourne — before the weekend's two preliminary finals have been completed.

Judd is believed to have ruled out several clubs, including Hawthorn, Richmond, and the Western Bulldogs, due to the presence there of Jason Akermanis, who made an unfounded accusation of drug-cheating against Judd's close friend Michael Braun.

Full article at: http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/the-juddernaut-is-coming-home/2007/09/17/1189881432721.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

However, according to the Herald-Sun, the Saints and Hawks will still chase hard for Judd.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22436095%255E19742,00.html
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 03:50:26 AM by one-eyed »

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2007, 03:48:27 AM »
Interestig comments by Dr Peter Larkins in the Herald-Sun about Judd requiring four mouths off to fix his groin injury. West Coast won't release any details of Judd's injury either.

Sports doctor Peter Larkins said yesterday clubs would be concerned that the diagnosis of Judd's injury was no closer to being unravelled.

Larkins said if Judd's injury concern was osteitis pubis, and those fears have always been denied, Victorian clubs would need reassurances.

"There's been a few well-documented cases of osteitis pubis affecting players for longer than one year and that would be the concern," Larkins said.

Larkins said the four-month time-frame suggested Judd's injury was serious.

"If I was involved at club level, I would be very specific in requesting the medical reports. That would simply be due diligence because he is carrying a medical question mark," Larkins said.

"The fact that Chris said his recovery would be up to four months tells me it is more than a typical adductor release that Brendan Fevola and Michael Voss suffered from."

An osteitis pubis clean-out is more like a four-month recovery period. Certainly it would suggest it's more than a bone spur," Larkins said.

The West Coast Eagles' medical staff have refused to release any details of Judd's injury, a stance they maintained yesterday, despite him having formally quit the club.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22436102%255E20322,00.html

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2007, 09:01:16 AM »
God, do we really want Princess Judd if he's not used to slum like facilities.

Or do we actually not know what Judd wants and shouldn't listen to Caro and others until Judd makes up his mind.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2007, 09:02:38 AM »
ah the duck has been stuck in toilet again, wonder who he was feeling up this time, if the woods want one of our picks hand over a class player, fraser a big NO.
 yeh right caro and carltons facilities aint that flash.

Pendlebury is class, that is all i'd want from Collingwood.

If it means them getting Judd, then it's a fair swap.

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2007, 10:44:01 AM »
Worsfold on 3AW gave a detailed explanation of the Judd injury - from memory he said it wasn't full OP because it only affected one side of his groin, whereas OP affects both sides.

Luke Ball has certainly been affected long term. I think Judd's a medical risk - walk away. Sometimes in life the price is too great and this is a classic case, clubs forming committees to deal with it, everybody prepared to go to the limit.

I have great trouble reconciling Carlton arrogantly holding on to pick one which they stole from us - I can't believe how everybody basically thinks what they did was ok. Let's never forget why they are where they are - they cheated big time.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2007, 10:47:26 AM »
Interestig comments by Dr Peter Larkins in the Herald-Sun about Judd requiring four mouths off to fix his groin injury. West Coast won't release any details of Judd's injury either.

Sports doctor Peter Larkins said yesterday clubs would be concerned that the diagnosis of Judd's injury was no closer to being unravelled.

Larkins said if Judd's injury concern was osteitis pubis, and those fears have always been denied, Victorian clubs would need reassurances.

"There's been a few well-documented cases of osteitis pubis affecting players for longer than one year and that would be the concern," Larkins said.

Larkins said the four-month time-frame suggested Judd's injury was serious.

"If I was involved at club level, I would be very specific in requesting the medical reports. That would simply be due diligence because he is carrying a medical question mark," Larkins said.

"The fact that Chris said his recovery would be up to four months tells me it is more than a typical adductor release that Brendan Fevola and Michael Voss suffered from."

An osteitis pubis clean-out is more like a four-month recovery period. Certainly it would suggest it's more than a bone spur," Larkins said.

The West Coast Eagles' medical staff have refused to release any details of Judd's injury, a stance they maintained yesterday, despite him having formally quit the club.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22436102%255E20322,00.html

could it be a case of buyer beware?