Author Topic: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]  (Read 95135 times)

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Judd threads [merged]
« Reply #390 on: October 03, 2007, 10:20:21 PM »
So the Eagles are going to give up Staker (when they actually want more HFFs not less) as well as Judd while for pick 2 we gain pick 3, Kennedy and Staker. Not likely ???.

While Masten (who has OP) is a type of player we need, he isn't in the club's top 3. Kreuzer, Cotchin and Morton are.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #391 on: October 03, 2007, 11:51:01 PM »
You're a champ, mt.  :)
Patience of a saint. I reckon you'd argue logic with Peter Hoare (and quite likely just have  ;D).
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #392 on: October 04, 2007, 02:20:27 AM »
http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/tigers-not-out-of-judd-picture/2007/10/03/1191091193757.html

Tigers not out of Judd picture
Steve Butler and Jake Niall | October 4, 2007

RICHMOND has ramped up the pressure on Carlton to come up with a suitable deal with West Coast by claiming it will have the salary cap room and financial backing to take Chris Judd in the pre-season draft.

The former Eagles captain, who is returning to Melbourne after six years in Perth, revealed on Tuesday he wanted to continue his career with the Blues.

But with West Coast and Carlton at a stand-off over the Blues' No. 1 pick in the national draft, the Tigers could still get Judd at the pre-season draft on December 11.

The Blues have the second pick in the pre-season draft and could get Judd for nothing if Richmond was unable to fit Judd in its salary cap.

West Coast will today have its first trade talks with Carlton, Eagles recruiting manager Trevor Woodhouse saying last night he would meet Carlton football operations manager Stephen Icke about Judd at the draft camp in Canberra.

Tigers football director Greg Miller and West Coast chief executive Trevor Nisbett have already held discussions about Judd — another indication that Richmond is positioning itself as a player in the Judd trade.

Miller said yesterday the club was focused on its youth policy but could take Judd if West Coast and the Blues could not agree on a deal next week.

"Ninety-nine times out of 100 in these cases Carlton would do the deal," Miller said.

"I can understand West Coast wanting No. 1, but Carlton will have to make the decision and we're not involved in the processes behind the scenes.

"We're not focusing on it at all, but we've made preparations and we're not too close to the salary cap in that regard and there's no financial preclusions on us at any level."

« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 04:36:25 AM by one-eyed »

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #393 on: October 04, 2007, 05:39:22 AM »
Miller is a cunning little bugger  :lol. He's now given West Coast the leverage to demand pick 1 as the Blues can't get Judd in the PSD. So unless the Eagles cave in, the Blues have to decide if they want Kreuzer or Judd.

At least this backs up what we've been saying about having plenty of room under the salary cap. The media and Pelchen were talking crap  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #394 on: October 04, 2007, 06:33:17 AM »
Miller is a cunning little bugger  :lol. He's now given West Coast the leverage to demand pick 1 as the Blues can't get Judd in the PSD. So unless the Eagles cave in, the Blues have to decide if they want Kreuzer or Judd.

At least this backs up what we've been saying about having plenty of room under the salary cap. The media and Pelchen were talking crap  ::).

i have no doubt what so ever that when miller was in perth a few weeks ago, he and the eagles got together re this issue.
imo i reckon miller told the eagles that tghe rfc will do whatever it can to help them get their best possible trade and pick. so,ething like, we will makme sure we put pressure on the blues to give up pick 1, if they dont , we will be waiting  and i bet some sort of "veale" deal has been organised with the eagles or judd will be ours in the psd

miller do ur stuff!

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #395 on: October 04, 2007, 08:02:34 AM »
Would be so hilarious if we stole Judd from under Carlton's nose :lol

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #396 on: October 04, 2007, 08:32:57 AM »
Would be so hilarious if we stole Judd from under Carlton's nose :lol

for me personally it will be like winning a final to steal him from them...

GM put the pressure on son
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #397 on: October 04, 2007, 08:43:52 AM »
After thinking about this more, I agree with MT - we have next to no chance.

I don't think West Coast are that interested in picks 19, 20. I don't really think Kennedy holds too much weight for them either.

At the end of the day if Carlton offer 3, 20 and Kennedy and our 2 is on the table, if WCE say PO to Carlton then Carlton will offer 1, 20 and Kennedy. There's no way Pratt will want to live up to his name and look like a fool after all the PR over the last couple of days.

Our only hope is a bit of friction between the two clubs.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #398 on: October 04, 2007, 08:49:29 AM »
After thinking about this more, I agree with MT - we have next to no chance.

I don't think West Coast are that interested in picks 19, 20. I don't really think Kennedy holds too much weight for them either.

At the end of the day if Carlton offer 3, 20 and Kennedy and our 2 is on the table, if WCE say PO to Carlton then Carlton will offer 1, 20 and Kennedy. There's no way Pratt will want to live up to his name and look like a fool after all the PR over the last couple of days.

Our only hope is a bit of friction between the two clubs.

i agree but its all about the first pick isnt it.
Let GM put the pressure on em to trade that pick 1 or no Judd and we get him.
Alternatively we get Kruizer and after all their tanking for that bloke wouldnt that be funny...
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #399 on: October 04, 2007, 08:50:13 AM »
Actually we should engineer a gentlemen's agreement with WCE to publicly offer pick 2 to extort pick 1 out of Carlton.

In exchange, we ask them to pass on who we desire with pick 2 in the draft.

Carlton - lose pick 1.
Richmond - effectively gain pick 1.
WCE - get pick 2.

Tigermonk

« Reply #400 on: October 04, 2007, 09:22:55 AM »
Latest in the Judd Trade and Richmond's role in it.

We will bleed both Carltank and Wet Toast. Richmond will have a productive trade week.

it looks like going like this.

Richmond: Kennedy, Staker, Pick 3 (Masten) 18: Bellchambers: 19: McGinnity. 35: Hobbs. 51. Venturini. 67. Silvestor. 83. Searl (N.B)

Rookies. Alastair Neville. Sam Robertson.

Delisted: Moore, Hartigan, P.Bowden, Tivendale, Krakeour, + 4 Retirements & Howat is = gone.

Looking to trade Schulz, O-Nicholls, Hughes, Pettifer, Raines, Tuck. We believe we have replacements for these muppets.

The problem Carltank have, Wet Toast want Cotchin. We have pick 2. We want him. Morton is outside+. We get some freebies for free. Josh Kennedy and Brent Staker.

Richmond will get Masten and not Morton. Mark it down. 

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #401 on: October 04, 2007, 09:50:35 AM »

You have no credibility, evaluator, remember?

Please go away.

Im actually not so sure this is evaluator.  There is a Ryan18 on BF Im pretty sure that is usually pretty normal.

Either way Im not impressed with the picks.

We dont need another Polo at 19.  Not because Polo isnt good, just because we dont need another one.  Would rather Grimes @ 19 and Cotchin @ 2.  Tayte Pears instead of Bellchambers if he slips that far.

etc.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Tigermonk

« Reply #402 on: October 04, 2007, 10:05:27 AM »

You have no credibility, evaluator, remember?

Please go away.

Im actually not so sure this is evaluator.  There is a Ryan18 on BF Im pretty sure that is usually pretty normal.

Either way Im not impressed with the picks.

We dont need another Polo at 19.  Not because Polo isnt good, just because we dont need another one.  Would rather Grimes @ 19 and Cotchin @ 2.  Tayte Pears instead of Bellchambers if he slips that far.

etc.

Polo is a great midfielder
He has always been a tough footballer even before the draft to Richmond
l rate him highly he should surprise alot next year with his progress if he dont l personally kick his ass

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #403 on: October 04, 2007, 11:01:33 AM »

Im actually not so sure this is evaluator. 

be sure.be very sure.

Nicely put, ff.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #404 on: October 04, 2007, 02:04:26 PM »
Latest Judd and Tigers rumourings on BF...

... source is not great. Just admin assistant at Tigers Payroll. The problem is, news is leaking because everyone is in a frenzy over this.

The update is:

1. The Eagles are seething over Carlton's stance with pick 1 considering Judd is on the table. They are in a pretty emotional state as it is with Mainwaring - understandable.

2. The Eagles are actually desperate to get Kruezer. I would have thought they have enough rucks. But they believe this guy is too good to pass up.

3. The tigers have room in the cap and are preparing to make more. Players trades are being prepared.

4. Apparently an ultimatum is going to be made by WCE to Blues when they meet over the next few hours. If Carlton continue their no pick 1 for Judd stance, WCE will cut off all communication with them until they advise pick 1 is on the table. They will advise Judd that they are looking elsewhere and if need be, established players instead of trade picks will be looked at.Fascinating switch in policy. They are obviously looking at all options.

5. The tigers are more optimistic than ever that Judd can be landed at Punt Road.

My source says expect this ultimatum to hit the news after the meeting. (if Carlton does not put pick 1 on the table).

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9034882&postcount=1