Author Topic: Rate a Tiger's year: 30. Richie Tambling  (Read 2356 times)

richmondrules

Re: Rate a Tiger's year: 30. Richie Tambling
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 08:18:34 PM »
Probably said disappointing because I heard so much about him "having a blinder" all pre-season and then didnt seem to do so much.

Not so much hype and the let down wouldnt have been so big.  :-\

Must admit I did think the hype was a bit over the top. If that was what you were expecting then no wonder you were disappointed. Talk about putting pressure on the kid.  :-\

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 08:30:58 PM »
thats a cop out, not all aboriginals take time, some do , some dont, just like caucasion players.

Exactly.  So talk to Greg Miller about it.  Not us.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Ox

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 10:58:41 PM »
thats a cop out, not all aboriginals take time, some do , some dont, just like caucasion players.

Exactly.  So talk to Greg Miller about it.  Not us.

yeah,talk to Greg :lol

retygas

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2007, 08:08:59 AM »
I have to admit that I'm not the biggest fan of his.
I think he's a VFL player and would be better suited to there than AFL. I may be a little harsh on him but to me he hasn't shown really his worth just yet, and I'll be happy to eat my words later if proven wrong.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2007, 01:07:02 PM »
ah richie until i see him use his greatest asset (pace) to actually chase guys and harrass them then im undecided, its the little things that will make him a good/great player, not the jogging at half pace when he feels like it.

5/10.

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2007, 01:17:05 PM »
I felt a little disappointed in Tambling this year, but like others have suggested, maybe I too am unfairly comparing him to Buddy and others from that draft.

I thought there was a noticeable improvement in his fitness and his defensive game in the 2nd half, lets hope he takes that next step, he looks as though he could be the week in, week out performer that we need for our midfield. Go Bling!
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Ramps

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2007, 02:09:09 PM »
hes improving, but he has a way to go.

where is that aboriginal boy who made his debut in a night match against collingwood, where is the player who streaked away from an experienced collingwood star and kicked a brilliant goal. find me that player- thats the Richard Tambling i wanna see. Thats the player we need to find again!

Ox

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2007, 06:01:50 PM »

where is that aboriginal boy who made his debut in a night match against collingwood, where is the player who streaked away from an experienced collingwood star and kicked a brilliant goal. find me that player- thats the Richard Tambling i wanna see. Thats the player we need to find again!

so do i but my concern remains,that his state of mind cannot grasp the concept of consistency....and he is lazy....typical of a child prodigy,which he was

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2007, 06:08:02 PM »

so do i but my concern remains,that his state of mind cannot grasp the concept of consistency....and he is lazy....typical of a child prodigy,which he was

he isnt lazy, blingers is a very hard worker and has a good head on his shoulders, dont worry , he will make u all happy , he will develop into a fantastic player

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2007, 06:14:14 PM »
i'm with X, a lot of people don't notice some of the things he does because its all done in one quick action. Gather the ball and feed.

richie will be fine for us  :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2007, 11:24:49 PM »
I agree Blingers will be fine in the long run but if there's one area of his game that he needs to work hard on it is his defensive efforts. There were a couple of times that stood out where an opponent got past him all too easily (such as along the boundary line). He needs to display more intensity in those situations and chase down and nail opponents. Do this on top of what he started to show with the ball and in the guts towards the end of the year and Blingers will start living up to the high expectations put on him.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2007, 02:41:47 PM »
Royal's review of Blingers

Richie would have been really disappointed with the first part of his season, but in saying that, once he got dropped after round 15, he missed one game and then played the rest of the season in the seniors. He was a much better player once he came back from Coburg. He had a lot of frustration early in the way he was going about everything.

I think the expectation on him and that people rate him with Buddy Franklin has probably got to him a fair bit. But once he got that out of his system, he went back to VFL and really enjoyed his footy back there for a week. He came back to AFL level and we believe really took steps forward. He showed a lot of maturity and leadership, particularly in the last five or six games of the year, so if ‘Richie’ can continue on this upward plain then he can still be a very exciting player.

http://richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=52716