Author Topic: 2008 Draw  (Read 12557 times)

Ramps

Re: 2008 Draw / Round 1 Richmond vs Carlton
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2007, 11:00:41 AM »
Round 1. MCG 80,000 people

Dan Jackson comes of the wing at the first bounce and accidentally bumps Judd into the great southern stand.

:clapping

what a laugh ramps we aint got a footballer who can touch Judd & his ability

you aint read my sig lol...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
No Good Friday footy
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2007, 05:10:47 PM »
AFL just announced no Good Friday football so the Richmond-Carlton game is on Easter Thursday.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
2008 Draw
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2007, 12:15:21 PM »
Any leaks or tips here please.

Most interested to see if/when playing in Brisvegas next year.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: 2008 Draw
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2007, 04:31:57 PM »
I think they said Oct 25 the draw comes out. We should have a "easier" draw given we finished last but we'll probably still end up with back-to-back interstate trips, play down at Kardinia Park where our supporters can't get in and play too many home games at the Dome and most against Dome tenants  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2007, 04:40:09 PM »
And the Skunks will get more games at the G than any of the original tenants. ::)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2007, 04:44:24 PM »
And the Skunks will get more games at the G than any of the original tenants. ::)
And the excuse for that is other clubs want to play them for the $$$. Well where were their fans when we last played them. 49,000 and it was about a 80% Tiger crowd. Yeah we really made a killing on that game ::).

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2007, 07:49:52 PM »
And the excuse for that is other clubs want to play them for the $$$. Well where were their fans when we last played them. 49,000 and it was about a 80% Tiger crowd. Yeah we really made a killing on that game ::).

I know I made a killing that night on the Pies Hags sitting in front of me. :rollin
 Too bad they couldn't sit out the night such was my glee at Foleys 2 bounce sausage roll from the centre bounce. That was their last straw for the night. :lol
 I was even thinking going back to the G in the same seats the following week when the skunks played Melbourne to see whether those Skunk Hags sat there again to give them hell again.  ;D

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2007, 08:23:38 PM »
I think they said Oct 25 the draw comes out. We should have a "easier" draw given we finished last but we'll probably still end up with back-to-back interstate trips, play down at Kardinia Park where our supporters can't get in and play too many home games at the Dome and most against Dome tenants  ::).

October 26 according to the Sun today.

However the fixture went out to clubs today so lets hope some leaks are on the way.  :thumbsup
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2007, 02:42:48 AM »
from the Herald-Sun...

Round 1, Thursday twilight March 20, Richmond vs Carlton  @ MCG  (good friday eve)

Round 9 or 10, Saturday night May 24, Essendon vs Richmond  @ MCG (dreamtime game)

The Pies may have 6 interstate trips next year  ;D. The Dogs get 7  :o.

Link.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2007, 06:57:48 AM »
from the Herald-Sun...

Round 1, Thursday twilight March 20, Richmond vs Carlton  @ MCG  (good friday eve)

Round 9 or 10, Saturday night May 24, Essendon vs Richmond  @ MCG (dreamtime game)

The Pies may have 6 interstate trips next year  ;D. The Dogs get 7  :o.

Link.

i heard that about the pies, its about time they get to travel, the last 4 or so years we have been screwed in that department

hope its all true and we dont have to travel much

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2007, 04:21:21 PM »
Think we must have 5 interstate trips (or Geelong again) as my Membership is for 17 games.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2007, 05:16:05 PM »
Cousins vs Judd in round 1 lol.

Think we must have 5 interstate trips (or Geelong again) as my Membership is for 17 games.
If it's 4 Interstate trips then my guess would be:

Brisbane - we didn't play at the Gabba this year.
Port - we always play them away every year ::)
Sydney - we'll generate a decent crowd for the AFL.
At least once to Perth.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2007, 03:56:36 PM »
We're not playing in Tassie next year according to the Mercury.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2007, 12:34:34 AM »
8 MCG home Games.

3 TD home games.

AFL tried to convince us to have 4 TD games.  :banghead
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers snarling over Dome home games (The Age)
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2007, 01:26:47 AM »
 >:(

Tigers snarling over Dome home games
Caroline Wilson | October 25, 2007

RICHMOND is seething over the 2008 AFL draw, which has again failed to recognise the club as a definitive home tenant of the MCG, scheduling three Tigers' home games at Telstra Dome, including one against MCG co-tenant Melbourne.

In a move certain to antagonise both Richmond and Melbourne supporters, the two clubs have again been forced to play each other at the Docklands stadium in a Richmond home game.

A further insult is that the Tigers have been scheduled a Telstra Dome home game against St Kilda.

The AFL will unveil its 2008 draw tomorrow, with the Tigers and Carlton opening the season with an Easter-eve twilight game at the MCG — cricket commitments permitting. This will run back-to-back against the Thursday night clash at AAMI Stadium between 2007 grand finalists Port Adelaide and Geelong.

As revealed in The Age, the Thursday night double-header will open the season a week early on March 20, with each club being handed two breaks during the season, one as a split round over late June-early July and the other a mid-season break scheduled for the Mother's Day weekend in May.

With the AFL placing a state-of-origin revival in the too-hard basket, it is understood the league has instead chosen to schedule a Victoria-All Stars clash on the eve of Mothers' Day (May 10) as part of the game's 150th anniversary celebrations.

While the AFL has yet to complete the details of the clash, the game is expected to be played at the MCG and televised on Channel Ten. The decision to select key players from all clubs is certain to meet opposition from most of the 16 teams.

The Richmond board, which met last night, was understood to have been disappointed with the AFL's Telstra Dome push.

The league recently tried to convince the club to agree to a 7-4 home-game split between the MCG and Telstra Dome but was firmly rejected by the Tigers, who have pushed for the past five years to play a minimum of nine MCG home games.

With the Tigers managing to draw respectable crowds at their traditional home ground despite last year's dreadful performances, the club directors remained dismayed at the decision, particularly given that two of the club's MCG home games have been scheduled against Adelaide and West Coast — games better suited to Telstra Dome.

But Richmond received some consolation in that the AFL has agreed to schedule its centenary clash at the MCG against Carlton as a night game at the end of June during the second split round.

The Tigers will wear their original jumper for that game.

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/tigers-snarling-over-dome/2007/10/24/1192941152468.html