Author Topic: 2008 Draw  (Read 12816 times)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 2008 Draw
« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2007, 09:12:01 AM »
Essendon and St Kilda both get 5 Friday night games despite finishing in the bottom 8.

Every club is meant next year to get a minimum 10 free-to-air tv games. At a guess:

R1 Carlton
R7 St Kilda
R9 Essendon
R10 Sydney
R11 Adelaide
R13 Port
R14 Carlton
R17 Brisbane
R18 Geelong
R20 Hawthorn
R22 Melbourne

Not quite, our FTA games will be.

R1 Carlton
R3 Pies
R5 Dogs
R7 St Kilda
R8 Geelong
R9 Essendon

(Then 7 straight games on Fox, including our centenary match.  ::) )

R17 Brisbane
R18 Geelong
R19 Adelaide
R21 Freo
R22 Melbourne

EAT EM ALIVE!

Moi

« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2007, 10:36:22 AM »
The up side to a draw where you're playing everywhere is you become versatile on all surfaces.  And not like the Bombers who struggle when they leave the Dome.

Apart from that, that draw sucks big time.  How can they give us no prime time games on Friday - not one game?  I've counted how many games I'm going to this year and that's eight.  I just can't make the Sunday twilight games and some of the others  :banghead

So do I buy a membership?  I'll buy a normal membership, but will I buy my normal one.  Money doesn't grow on trees in this neck of the woods like it does in Tigermonk's  ::)

Dilemma  :help

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2007, 04:38:19 PM »
I guess with the reward and recognition it's worth keeping the membership as a long-term member even if it's just a standard adult membership.

11 Sunday games because we miss out on Firday nights is over the top. The thing is we won two of our four Friday night games this year, got excellent crowds and rated well yet we miss out completely. Just AFL waffle. Laughable that Essendon gets 5 yet they finished bottom 5 and won as many games as we did in the second half of the year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2007, 07:32:24 AM »
tbh,

i hate friday night games, if we lose it destroys my weekend and it  is a pain in the neck getting to a friday night game from geelong after work

another thing, i dont mind sunday games, im actually happy we play many sunday games because it suits me fine and also allows my bro to go to many games as he works on saturdays

the only thing about the draw i hate is teh fact he have home games at the dome, thats it.

and re membership, i wil always renew my membership yr in yr out no matter how poo we are and how the draw is . the draw and our lack of success will never stop me getting a membership, only death will(quiet julz)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2007, 08:06:26 AM »
The up side to a draw where you're playing everywhere is you become versatile on all surfaces.  And not like the Bombers who struggle when they leave the Dome.

Apart from that, that draw sucks big time.  How can they give us no prime time games on Friday - not one game?  I've counted how many games I'm going to this year and that's eight.  I just can't make the Sunday twilight games and some of the others  :banghead

So do I buy a membership?  I'll buy a normal membership, but will I buy my normal one.  Money doesn't grow on trees in this neck of the woods like it does in Tigermonk's  ::)

hey my advice keep the membership even if its in the cheapest form as 8 years ago i didnt renew and had to start again. lost about 4 years
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Moi

« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2007, 08:39:16 AM »
and re membership, i wil always renew my membership yr in yr out no matter how pooh we are and how the draw is . the draw and our lack of success will never stop me getting a membership, only death will(quiet julz)
I didn't say I wouldn't buy a membership.  You're an absolute saint, X  ::)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2007, 08:54:13 AM »
i was playing poker with all the blokes last night and a few of em were saying things like why do it to yourself, give up. pee the membership off. never mate never.

aside from the fact im loyal its the only piece and quiet i get away from the mrs.

no poo boys she doesnt get into it so i get a free pass every week to hit the game, get on the pints, hit the local after and she wont say a word. not only that i even get her to pay for it as my valentines present for me.

its been 3 years now and and she still keeps buying em for me
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2007, 11:33:55 AM »

Hey its not my fault you aint got a money tree
& as for buying a membership l'm passing on that next year
will use my freebies to get in to watch the poo games who needs money  ;D

Offline Mini Tiger

• Future Richmond star
  • Is that a change on the horizon?
« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2007, 02:26:19 PM »
Reckon we should win about 8 games.

I would like to be a gold member this year, they are going to get something I would like to have, but what can you do.

I will get my 11 game membership as this last season, I reckon it could be Richo's last year, so want to get to as many home games as possible. I hate the dome though, but will probably go anyway.

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2007, 02:43:44 PM »
i was playing poker with all the blokes last night and a few of em were saying things like why do it to yourself, give up. pee the membership off. never mate never.

aside from the fact im loyal its the only piece and quiet i get away from the mrs.

no pooh boys she doesnt get into it so i get a free pass every week to hit the game, get on the pints, hit the local after and she wont say a word. not only that i even get her to pay for it as my valentines present for me.

its been 3 years now and and she still keeps buying em for me

ROFL ... that is GOLD daniel161 !!! ... and i beat your mates have to pay there own memberships !!! ... good work !!! you 1 your mates 0 ...

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2007, 09:38:25 PM »

R1 Carlton
R3 Pies
R5 Dogs
R7 St Kilda
R8 Geelong
R9 Essendon

R17 Brisbane
R18 Geelong
R19 Adelaide
R21 Freo
R22 Melbourne
So none of our interstate games will be on FTA. Great! ::)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2007, 09:41:49 PM »

R1 Carlton
R3 Pies
R5 Dogs
R7 St Kilda
R8 Geelong
R9 Essendon

R17 Brisbane
R18 Geelong
R19 Adelaide
R21 Freo
R22 Melbourne
So none of our interstate games will be on FTA. Great! ::)
YEah real handy.  :lol  :banghead
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2007, 07:23:42 AM »
and re membership, i wil always renew my membership yr in yr out no matter how pooh we are and how the draw is . the draw and our lack of success will never stop me getting a membership, only death will(quiet julz)
I didn't say I wouldn't buy a membership.  You're an absolute saint, X  ::)

hey grandma, did i say somewhere that you are not renewing your membership  ::)

all i said was that re memberships, no matter what i will always renew, i never said that you wouldnt.

get off the mull

and btw, dont be jealous of the monk, met him quite a few times, top bloke with more cash than many on here could dream of. but just because he is loaded , dosnt mean he is a tool, he is a top bloke and looks after his friends well  ;D

put it this way , i would rather be a friend to the monk, than not a friend to the monk

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #118 on: October 30, 2007, 04:26:54 AM »
Club Free-To-Air Games

Collingwood 19
Geelong 18
St Kilda 16
Essendon 15
Carlton 14