Author Topic: Wallace and Miller  (Read 3015 times)

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Wallace and Miller
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2007, 08:16:05 PM »
Richmonds problem isnt 1 or 2 people, its the whole joint and the culture down there. Steve Wright should get out a blank piece of paper and start writing down how he would create a premiership club from new if he had the chance- he should consider if he had a 17th licence- how would he do it, what are the requirements, who would a club need, how many resources across the board to start anew, start at the beginning. Its just my opinion but at Richmond we lose the forest from the trees, we start one thing and never finish because everyone is of in different directions and those in leadership quickly lose support from the masses. We have been so pooh for so long, it cant always be we pick bad players, it cant always be the coach, the whole joint needs a revolution.

Reasonable view but you don't have to start with a blank sheet of paper - you aren't ever going to have that option of starting from the beginning.

You can do the same exercise by acknowledging where you are and asking how you would change things if you had no constraints whatsoever (cash, people, facilities, etc) and then working backwards to implement what you can actually achieve.

I'm sure they do this sort of thing - they aren't stupid.

Re Judd - I was embarrassed to hear from the horse's mouths (Judd and Swann) just how far we were from being involved - we were nowhere. Never a remote chance.

Re supporters responses - also embarassing. The amount of abuse that players and officials receive on sites like this is disgraceful and shows an ugly side of our psyche. The way Schultz was sent off would make him feel that it's a good move.

Passionfruit

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2007, 08:19:29 PM »
Richmonds problem isnt 1 or 2 people, its the whole joint and the culture down there. Steve Wright should get out a blank piece of paper and start writing down how he would create a premiership club from new if he had the chance- he should consider if he had a 17th licence- how would he do it, what are the requirements, who would a club need, how many resources across the board to start anew, start at the beginning. Its just my opinion but at Richmond we lose the forest from the trees, we start one thing and never finish because everyone is of in different directions and those in leadership quickly lose support from the masses. We have been so pooh for so long, it cant always be we pick bad players, it cant always be the coach, the whole joint needs a revolution.

Re Judd - I was embarrassed to hear from the horse's mouths (Judd and Swann) just how far we were from being involved - we were nowhere. Never a remote chance.

We were nowhere! its funny that supporters thought we were a chance ,in reality, RFC is a basket case, am sorry to say

Ramps

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007, 08:22:41 PM »
Im actually quite stunned by what people are actually saying on other sites, I write alot of crap in here, but mostly I do it to take the mickey and pass some time, but some of these people are exhibiting things which are no good for our club. Tomorrows trade deadline cant come quick enough and the club should try and settle it down- dont know how but the negativity and petitions and stuff like that- isnt helping anybody at this stage.

Ramps

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 08:24:29 PM »

We were nowhere! its funny that supporters thought we were a chance ,in reality, RFC is a basket case, am sorry to say

What did they say, i was at the hospital today in the afternoon and missed it.

Bull

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 08:27:57 PM »
What do we owe Shultz?

He has sucked money out of the club for 5 years and given us nothing.

These guys are a very rare position and are presented with an amazing opportunity. Sure many players arent up to it and simply dont have the talent or skills required. I think Jay does he is just a lazy piece of crap.

I would give nearly anything to have been good enough to play AFL, these guys average over $100,000 per year to do something that they love and have grown up with.

If you cant cut the mustard then show them the door. Jay wont give a stuff about the RFC 6 months after he has gone.

Moi

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007, 08:30:21 PM »
Im actually quite stunned by what people are actually saying on other sites, I write alot of crap in here, but mostly I do it to take the mickey and pass some time, but some of these people are exhibiting things which are no good for our club. Tomorrows trade deadline cant come quick enough and the club should try and settle it down- dont know how but the negativity and petitions and stuff like that- isnt helping anybody at this stage.
It starts with the negative crap people write and it snowballs.
And usually done without much knowledge of what happens on a day-to-day basis down there.

Does absolutely no good for the club, but they couldn't care less!

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2007, 08:32:24 PM »
What did they say, i was at the hospital today in the afternoon and missed it

Judd - said he decided on Carlton and then left it entirely in the hands of his manager and the two clubs. No remote mention of any complications after he made the call.

Swann - told 3AW that their claim re Richmond making a bid had caused his text messages to go off but that there was no other club involved and the simple truth was that Judd would never agree to go to us.

Eagles recruiting manager - (name?) told 3AW that there was only ever one bidder and that made their negotiating position difficult. No mention whatsoever of an offer from Richmond.

Passionfruit

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2007, 08:35:42 PM »
Question, why wouldnt Richmond have a go regardless?
They have just rolled over and copped it sweet ::)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2007, 08:41:23 PM »
Question, why wouldnt Richmond have a go regardless?
They have just rolled over and copped it sweet ::)

you have no idea.

absolutely none

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2007, 08:43:03 PM »

i honestly believe there is one man who can change the cluture at the club and his initials are K.S.

He is the man. Not wallace, not Miller but him.
He would have a zero tolerance for this crap that we have dished up for the last 20 years.
a few weeks ago i mentioned Richard Lounder as our 1st pick and got blasted as it was 20 years ago, and was told to get over it. i was merely mentioning the sad state of our footy club since 1982.

something's gotta give and i think sheeds is the man to do it.

come next year the push to get him would be huge...

U tel me what has changed in that time..nothing absolutely nothing!!

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2007, 08:45:00 PM »
The recruiting policy of this club is non existent.
Miller must go.
MILLER= Marauding Idiotic Lazy Lying Egotistical Ratbag.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2007, 08:51:50 PM »
Miller must go.

spot on..
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Passionfruit

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2007, 09:13:41 PM »
Miller must go.

spot on..

:lol

Ramps

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2007, 09:39:31 PM »
Miller must go.

im actually against personal attacks and believe more in judging the strategy. I dont agree with the current strategy and I think that people should just attack that rather than target individuals one by one. As i said before Richmonds problem is more than 1 or 2 people, we need a complete overhaul of people, systems, strategies, philosophies everything.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2007, 09:54:26 PM »
Maybe so Ramps Horses for Courses
However,
It is Miller who recruits these players who have lets say very limited capabilities when they put on Richmond jumper and when performances such as what we saw for the majority of the year occur the people that concocted the recruitments of these players are the ones responsible. The recruiting has been poor in Miller's tenure let it be said. As for the players to defend them slightly well Miller has offered them a chance or second chance to play AFL so of course they will jump at the opportunity so perhaps no personal agenda to the players who are living a dream of playing AFL regardless of their obvious  incapabilities. As for an overhaul of people and strategies well I fully concur there. Miller has overseen two tenures of coaching and other than Nathan Brown he has come up with no coup whatsoever. In 6 years that is by no means good enough.