Author Topic: Delistings - Krak, Harts, Paddy, Peterson and Howat  (Read 9541 times)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Delistings - Krak, Harts, Paddy, Peterson and Howat
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2007, 02:20:38 PM »
Tas Clingan has been delisted as well.  :-\
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2007, 02:30:11 PM »
RFC list changes
2:17 PM Mon 22 October, 2007
for richmondfc.com.au

As of today, Monday, October 22, the Richmond Football Club has made the following changes to its playing list for the 2008 season . . .

Senior list changes:  Darren Gaspar (retired), Ray Hall (retired), Trent Knobel (retired), Kent Kingsley (retired), Andrew Krakouer (delisted), Brent Hartigan (delisted), Patrick Bowden (delisted).

Rookie list changes:  Jake King (upgraded to senior list), Angus Graham (upgraded to senior list), Tas Clingan (delisted).

“The Club would like to thank all those players who are moving on, for their contributions at Tigerland, and we wish them all the best for the future,” said Richmond’s Director of Football Greg Miller.

“We’d also like to congratulate Jake and Angus on their promotion to the senior list.” 

http://richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=52678

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2007, 02:45:04 PM »
Krak, Harts and Paddy all delisted is no surprise. Tas is a bit but only because he was a recruiter's choice out of nowhere. We should have rookied a young tall instead.

What's the go with Howat. Will he be a 3rd year rookie?  ???

Danny is a very lucky boy.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2007, 02:47:29 PM »

He might not even sign with us?

There will be a couple more to go.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2007, 02:55:05 PM »
Yep, must be more to come. No big shocks there though, the promotion of Gus might suggest we're not going to draft a mature ruck.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2007, 03:05:05 PM »

He might not even sign with us?

There will be a couple more to go.

Indeed.  Danny could still walk.

We need to have 1 more player go to fulfil the minimum 3 draft choices assuming we are going to use our no. 1 PSD pick.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2007, 03:25:21 PM »
according to stevie wright , on sen today , he implied meyer is really keen to have an injury fre pre season and be prime for next yr
wright said danny had a bad pre season and season with injury this yr and the way he spoke he sounded as if danny was going no where

Ramps

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2007, 03:28:33 PM »
Danny can be a good player, the kid needs confidence, stick him at hbf for 12 months and see what he does, we let deledio do it easy for a while, why not try and do the same for a no 12 pick like Danny!

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2007, 03:29:57 PM »
Danny can be a good player, the kid needs confidence, stick him at hbf for 12 months and see what he does, we let deledio do it easy for a while, why not try and do the same for a no 12 pick like Danny!

has the tools to be a good player

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2007, 03:58:54 PM »
agree rampps

i wonder how joel will be effected by his bros dumping. will this have an ill effect on his form ?

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2007, 04:31:43 PM »

Agreed. I think forward pocket is the worst possible place to stick a guy that is not putting in enough effort, too easy to hide and not be exposed for lack of trying. I did start to see better efforts from him before he got injured again at Coburg.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2007, 05:47:54 PM »

Just to answer my own question - from the stickied list thread,  Howat will be too old to be a rookie next year so I'm guessing we are waiting to see what's available in the PSD before making a decision.

We have 36 senior listed players + 1 vet (Richo). Joel will be made a vet also so that then makes it 35 + 2 vets when satisfies the first list lodgement criteria on Oct 31.

So we now have 3 senior spots on our list open when means 3 picks - 2, 18 and either pick 51 or the PSD. That's not enough changes for where we are at IMO, so I think everyone is right to say more could go. At least one more.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2007, 05:48:59 PM »

Agreed. I think forward pocket is the worst possible place to stick a guy that is not putting in enough effort, too easy to hide and not be exposed for lack of trying. I did start to see better efforts from him before he got injured again at Coburg.
Agree with everyone on Danny. Stick him either in the guts (inside midfielder) or on a HBF and make him work.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2007, 06:01:00 PM »

Just to answer my own question - from the stickied list thread,  Howat will be too old to be a rookie next year so I'm guessing we are waiting to see what's available in the PSD before making a decision.

Cant he spend his third year as the "mature rookie" if we keep him?

Would be silly imho but can we?
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2007, 06:03:03 PM »
You can only be a mature aged rookie if you haven't been on an AFL list before which is silly. Poor old Podsiadly missed out on being a mature rookie at the Dogs because years ago he was a rookie at the Bombers I think.