Author Topic: Tigers after new assistant coach  (Read 3572 times)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers after new assistant coach
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2007, 08:28:54 PM »
so it looks like some factions are getting restless again, setting timelines before the reintroduction of the new "messiah" :whistle

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2007, 10:41:23 PM »
so it looks like some factions are getting restless again, setting timelines before the reintroduction of the new "messiah" :whistle
3aw rumour-mongering  :sleep
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2007, 07:35:55 AM »

An ex-tiger might be nice.

What's Cambo doing?

his at the Bulldogs nest  ;D

Tigermonk

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2007, 07:36:49 AM »
MT or Tigermonk, one of you should appy  :) ;)

how about you Jackstar?

;D l did read above

Passionfruit

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2007, 02:08:39 PM »

how about you Jackstar?

Interstate on holidays at the moment, couldnt cope with the abuse of some of the posters on this forum, pass at the stage :lol
Weak!  ;D

Why should I put up with the moron element in this world, ::) lifes too shoort

Ox

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2007, 02:17:41 PM »

how about you Jackstar?

Interstate on holidays at the moment, couldnt cope with the abuse of some of the posters on this forum, pass at the stage :lol
Weak!  ;D

Why should I put up with the moron element in this world, ::) lifes too shoort

but they're everywhere Jak....how can u escape it?

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2007, 02:54:33 PM »
Steven Wright was asked on SEN this morning about Nathan Buckley. He didn't confirm or deny anything, just said something along the lines of 'we have a number of impressive applicants'.

SEN had an anonymous SMS saying Buckley had spoken to Richmond.

Wright said he'd be getting the shortlist this week of all possibles for the job vacancies.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2007, 09:40:24 PM »
Steven Wright was asked on SEN this morning about Nathan Buckley. He didn't confirm or deny anything, just said something along the lines of 'we have a number of impressive applicants'.

Wright said he'd be getting the shortlist this week of all possibles for the job vacancies.
Bucks wouldn't be a bad choice. He's very knowledgable about the game and has spent 8 years as captain under Malthouse. Bucks would have to push Royal out of the midfield coaching role which wouldn't be a bad thing either.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 09:27:19 PM »
In the Advertiser today it said Torney knocked back Knighter's offer to be an assistant coach at Essendon and is about to knock back another club's offer. I wonder if that other club is us.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 10:06:53 PM »
Looks like Knighter is trying to get the band back together again, interesting in that Wallace has earnt the ire of some for doing the same at Tigerland. :whistle

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2007, 10:09:29 PM »

Bucks wouldn't be a bad choice. He's very knowledgable about the game and has spent 8 years as captain under Malthouse. Bucks would have to push Royal out of the midfield coaching role which wouldn't be a bad thing either.

It wouldn't be a bad thing at all unless Bucks submits his will to become a "yes Terry" , "no worries Plough" much in the mould of what Royal is. I think Buckley has alot to offer the club in terms of only recently retiring and it would perk up the midfield coaching as well as the overall coaching staff as the group seems a little stale. Royal himself seems to be stagnant. About 8 or so years ago maybe more he was right in the reckoning as getting a gig as a senior coach but now he has been well and truly overtaken and has gone down the pecking order. I think Bucks coming and a moderate to significant shake up of the coaching staff may not be a bad thing.  
Conversely Terry recruiting fresh and inexperienced faces to assist in coaching may be his way of preserving his future till the end of the season or close to the end of the season should things go awry for us say similar to this year as the club may be reluctant to sack him mid season due to the inexperience in the coaches box next to him.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2007, 10:22:59 PM »
Looks like Knighter is trying to get the band back together again, interesting in that Wallace has earnt the ire of some for doing the same at Tigerland. :whistle
Bomber fans aren't too happy about it either. On bomberblitz they are already calling themselves the Essendon Tigers lol.

I feel sorry for Knighter. He's been handed a poison chalice.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2007, 10:28:44 PM »

It wouldn't be a bad thing at all unless Bucks submits his will to become a "yes Terry" , "no worries Plough" much in the mould of what Royal is. I think Buckley has alot to offer the club in terms of only recently retiring and it would perk up the midfield coaching as well as the overall coaching staff as the group seems a little stale. Royal himself seems to be stagnant. About 8 or so years ago maybe more he was right in the reckoning as getting a gig as a senior coach but now he has been well and truly overtaken and has gone down the pecking order. I think Bucks coming and a moderate to significant shake up of the coaching staff may not be a bad thing.  
Conversely Terry recruiting fresh and inexperienced faces to assist in coaching may be his way of preserving his future till the end of the season or close to the end of the season should things go awry for us say similar to this year as the club may be reluctant to sack him mid season due to the inexperience in the coaches box next to him.
Given Buckley played under Malthouse's gameplan and the Pies ranked first in kicks and last in handballs, I can't see Bucks being a Terry yes-man.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2007, 10:52:37 PM »

Given Buckley played under Malthouse's gameplan and the Pies ranked first in kicks and last in handballs, I can't see Bucks being a Terry yes-man.
Also, remember Bucks quit the rules commitee after he felt he couldnt express himself and they werent listening to what he had to say.

Doesnt sound like the mould of an Yes-man.

EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2007, 11:05:38 PM »

Well as i know David King quite well i can assure you he isnt a yes man.