Author Topic: Dick Smith sponsorship [merged]  (Read 16174 times)

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
Re: major sponsorship announcement
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2007, 03:26:13 PM »
cock??!?!  :whistle  ;)

Close wayne!!

I hope we all get a free packet of d!ckheads with our membership next year!
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Ramps

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2007, 03:48:39 PM »
Good brand, all depends how much cash we got if its a good deal or not.

Passionfruit

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2007, 04:05:26 PM »
Neil Mitchell mentioned it on 3AW this morning

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2007, 04:14:17 PM »
Neil Mitchell mentioned it on 3AW this morning

so you arent happy about that either ::)

Ramps

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2007, 04:17:18 PM »
can anyone give us a "range" of what the sponsorship is worth and is it worth more than what we were getting from Motorola.

Moi

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2007, 04:57:26 PM »
Australian electronics retail giant Dick Smith Electronics has joined Richmond as a co-major partner for the next two years (with an option for a third year).

The official launch of the partnership took place on Friday afternoon (November 2) in Richmond’s Punt Road gymnasium, with Dick Smith Electronics management and staff in attendance. Tiger players Troy Simmonds and Kayne Pettifer were joined by President Gary March & Senior Coach Terry Wallace to make the announcement.

Dick Smith Electronics is a leading retailer of computer, communications, electronics and entertainment products, with a network of more than 200 nationwide stores.

Richmond President Gary March said the Tigers were delighted to have secured Dick Smith Electronics as a co-major partner, alongside Australian Finance Group/AFG, who have supported the Club over the past three years.

“Dick Smith Electronics is a dynamic force in the Australian electronics industry with an excellent reputation for customer service, and it is an ideal fit for the Richmond Football Club,” March said.

“There is a real synergy between Dick Smith Electronics and the Tigers – iconic brands, with the same striking colors, innovative approach and care for our consumers.

“We believe we’re on the verge of the next exciting era at Tigerland, with such a large, talented group of young players all coming through together.

"To have the wonderful support off-field of major companies like Dick Smith Electronics and AFG greatly strengthens our push to restore this Club to its rightful place in the competition.

“I’m sure Tiger supporters will appreciate and enjoy the benefits of this partnership with Dick Smith Electronics.

“And, I know the coaches and players are looking forward to Dick Smith Electronics assistance in the growing area of football technology.”

Dick Smith Electronics General Manager of Consumer Electronics, Alvin Ng said the partnership with Richmond had special appeal for his company.

“We are thrilled to have formed this relationship with Richmond, particularly in what shapes as such an exciting period for the Club, as it prepares to celebrate its centenary year in the AFL competition throughout 2008,” Ng said.

“The Tigers are one of the AFL’s traditionally great clubs, with such a proud history, and we were very keen to get on board now as they start their climb back to the top.

“AFL football really is the full-on, sports entertainment package and we are big in all aspects of home entertainment and technology – from viewing sport on the latest LCD or Plasma screen, through to Digital Recorders, Home Audio, and much, much more.

“So, when the opportunity to join Richmond as a major partner came up, we jumped at it.

“It’s very exciting knowing your brand will be taking the field each week during the AFL season with the mighty Tigers.

“We have only recently updated and modernised the new Dick Smith look, via new-format catalogues, press advertisements and a new television campaign.  Being associated with Richmond completes the marketing package and puts the Dick Smith brand in the most exciting marketing arena, with a young team eager to replicate the deeds of the great Tiger teams of the past.

“The fact we are both traditional Yellow and Black identities is the icing on the cake.

“We are looking forward to an exciting journey together . . .”

The Dick Smith logo will appear on the front of the Richmond guernsey, with the AFG logo remaining on the back.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=52991

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2007, 07:24:30 PM »
can anyone give us a "range" of what the sponsorship is worth and is it worth more than what we were getting from Motorola.
Ramps,

I recall somwhere in one financial report that TAC was worth $650k a year.  Motorola was north of that.  Possibly $800k.

I understand that a jumper sponsor is now valued at a minimum of $800k, given the TV coverage etc. that it offers.

Ramps

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2007, 07:37:54 PM »
Ramps,

I recall somwhere in one financial report that TAC was worth $650k a year.  Motorola was north of that.  Possibly $800k.

I understand that a jumper sponsor is now valued at a minimum of $800k, given the TV coverage etc. that it offers.

If those are the numbers and weve done say $1 million a year or more then clearly its a very very good deal.

Offline 3121

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2007, 07:58:52 PM »
Thank you Dick Smith for putting your money with the Tigers.  The new logo on the jumper looks a bit doorky, that's my observation, especially the name 'Dick', we'll be prone for a lot of jokes, especially if we ain't travelling well.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2007, 09:20:29 PM »
Thank you Dick Smith for putting your money with the Tigers.  The new logo on the jumper looks a bit doorky, that's my observation, especially the name 'Dick', we'll be prone for a lot of jokes, especially if we ain't travelling well.

ditto, super happy with the injection of $$$$ but the logo is really lame  :P

I don't miond the AFG but Dick Smith just looks out of place lol

Offline Mini Tiger

• Future Richmond star
  • Is that a change on the horizon?
Re: major sponsorship announcement - Dick Smith signs with Tigers
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2007, 09:25:20 PM »
I think Motorola changed their logo from having the "M" and "Motorola" to just the "M" after a year or two, perhaps Dick Smith will change to DSE in the future, it could be bigger if it is shortened and everyone will know what it is in a year anyway.

I wonder if Melbourne supporters will now call all of our players Dick because they might think it to be a name badge. hmmmmmmmmm.....

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2007, 02:40:47 AM »
I think Motorola changed their logo from having the "M" and "Motorola" to just the "M" after a year or two, perhaps Dick Smith will change to DSE in the future, it could be bigger if it is shortened and everyone will know what it is in a year anyway.

I wonder if Melbourne supporters will now call all of our players Dick because they might think it to be a name badge. hmmmmmmmmm.....

Ahahahahah Melbourne fans calling our players Dick as opposed to calling their own players number 8 number 12 number 5 and so on. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2007, 06:13:41 AM »

Ahahahahah Melbourne fans calling our players Dick as opposed to calling their own players number 8 number 12 number 5 and so on. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
:rollin

Yep you can just imagine some old MCC Melbourne supporter saying that Dick Smith is getting plenty of the ball for Richmond  ;D.

Fantastic news and well done again to Steven Wright and the Club  :clapping.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2007, 07:18:56 AM »
Coach Terry Wallace believes the new deal, which has an option for an extra year, will be very beneficial to the club.

"Information technology is one of the areas that's just going through the roof at the moment in AFL football," said Wallace.

"To have the computer analytical information at our fingertips is just gonna make us a better team and we've gotta keep advancing as much off the ground as what we do on the ground and I think this is a great partnership for our footy club going forward."

President Gary March was also in attendance and he relayed how crucial the new deal is in the current climate which sees fellow Victorian club North Melbourne being pressured into relocating to the Gold Coast.

"It's a tough environment and that's why as a club, for us, to get another major sponsor, and one with such great backing, is really important for our long-term future," March said.

http://sportal.com.au/default.aspx/afl-news-display/tigers-shore-up-financial-future-38191

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2007, 07:43:59 AM »
LOL Petts having to kick a goal in the simulator they had set-up for annoucement to bring up the Dick Smith logo.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd