Author Topic: 10 gone in clean out - what do you think?  (Read 2530 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: 10 gone in clean out - what do you think?
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 09:17:07 PM »
25% of the list is now gone. Sure many of them did not get a gong week in and week out on a regular basis but as MT said here's hoping the recruiters can at least get us some decent picks to now put pressure on those 25 or so players that warrant selection on a weekly basis. We need more depth that has been our biggest lack of as indicated with last seasons results.

MT your right, not many of those players played many games, some not all.
If we have ten new players and they don make much impact, guess what, back to back spoons I am afraid.
So you're saying Simmo will hardly play, Browny will miss the first half the year and Cogs will do his knee again  :whistle.

A team with a red sash may beat up to the spoon next year  ;).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Passionfruit

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2007, 09:21:17 PM »
25% of the list is now gone. Sure many of them did not get a gong week in and week out on a regular basis but as MT said here's hoping the recruiters can at least get us some decent picks to now put pressure on those 25 or so players that warrant selection on a weekly basis. We need more depth that has been our biggest lack of as indicated with last seasons results.

If we have ten new players and they don make much impact, guess what, back to back spoons I am afraid.
So you're saying Simmo will hardly play, Browny will miss the first half the year and Cogs will do his knee again  :whistle.

Hey hold on a minute,dont make excuses through injury.
ALL TEAMS have injury, dont expect to have an injury free year, your kidding yourselves if you do,.

Offline 3121

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2007, 10:08:37 PM »
The club had to do what they had to do.  They have off loaded, the old, the players that cannot focus, and the one sided players with skill issues.  Has Terry hit the panic button and knows he is staring defeat in the eyes, with his contract coming to a close?  The answer to this question lies on the progress of JON, Hughes, Reiwoldt, Schulz next year, just to name a few.

Anyway, I've been a long time reader and would like to say welcome to everyone.

Thanks for having me on board. :gotigers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2007, 10:21:15 PM »

Hey hold on a minute,dont make excuses through injury.
ALL TEAMS have injury, dont expect to have an injury free year, your kidding yourselves if you do,.
True but our lack of depth means those 3 injuries and especially to Simmo and Browny hurt us badly. If both play the majority of next year then we won't win the spoon. I'll stick to backing a R&B spoon in 2008.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2007, 10:22:55 PM »
The club had to do what they had to do.  They have off loaded, the old, the players that cannot focus, and the one sided players with skill issues.  Has Terry hit the panic button and knows he is staring defeat in the eyes, with his contract coming to a close?  The answer to this question lies on the progress of JON, Hughes, Reiwoldt, Schulz next year, just to name a few.

Welcome aboard OER 3121  :)

Moi

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2007, 10:25:43 PM »

Welcome 3121
The point is, we had to change those players over.  You're right, his fate is in the hands of those players.  Shame, his future will come down to this.  With virtually no recruitment department, some of our choices have left a lot to be desired.  Well so far.  Hopefully a couple of those players will come good and restore the faith in people.