Author Topic: Tigers off to Craigieburn  (Read 20792 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Craigieburn Opening
« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2008, 12:50:35 PM »
Once it's opened the club should train on a specific day/time ea week...word will soon get around, in no time at all there would be a stack of locals at ea session...Now thats nation building  :thumbsup
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #136 on: December 30, 2008, 04:34:04 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if this year they hold the RFC family day up there with jumper presentations and invite the locals along as well. The timing of the two events would coincide with each other. The actual completion of the full facility with the pavilion/changerooms won't be for another 12 months so the grand opening might have to be put off until 2010. I like the idea of a 21 gun salute bj lol. We might need a planning permit for that from the local council :lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: December 30, 2008, 05:07:06 PM »
I believe that Richmond will be conducting their Community Camp at Craigieburn in the new year, so i guess that will be the official opening.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #138 on: December 30, 2008, 05:12:46 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if this year they hold the RFC family day up there with jumper presentations and invite the locals along as well. The timing of the two events would coincide with each other. The actual completion of the full facility with the pavilion/changerooms won't be for another 12 months so the grand opening might have to be put off until 2010. I like the idea of a 21 gun salute bj lol. We might need a planning permit for that from the local council :lol.

the permit will be the only hurdle, the guns won't be a prob, isn't there a bikies clubhouse nearby ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #139 on: December 30, 2008, 05:39:48 PM »
the permit will be the only hurdle, the guns won't be a prob, isn't there a bikies clubhouse nearby ::)
You'll have to ask Didak for directions lol
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

richmondrules

« Reply #140 on: December 30, 2008, 07:12:30 PM »

Surely the permit is optional then.

Ramps

Re: Tigers off to Craigieburn
« Reply #141 on: July 29, 2009, 09:54:27 AM »
Any updates on this please:

Has it been finished?

Is the team ready to go there for the summer?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #142 on: July 29, 2009, 01:55:29 PM »
Any updates on this please:

Has it been finished?

Is the team ready to go there for the summer?

At the last Club80 function Steven Wright said that the ground (as in the actualy oval and surface) is done and the faclities (stand, change rooms etc) will be completed by Feb 2010. Tigers will be training out there this coming pre-season

Also in last week's edition of Inside Footy in the VFL section it said that it was confirmed that Coburg would be playing home games out there in 2010 and it mentioned (again) that it would be ready by February.

I would think that if it is ready by then that there will an AFL practice match out there Feb/Mar like what they do at Casey Fields each year
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: July 29, 2009, 03:11:54 PM »
Coburg GM said at half time of last saturdays game that it will be very similar to Casey Fields and that the
Burgers will play a few games there next year! He said that Craigeburn will leave City Oval for dead! One would hope so!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #144 on: July 29, 2009, 10:13:40 PM »
He said that Craigeburn will leave City Oval for dead! One would hope so!

Let's be honest that wouldn't be hard  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #145 on: August 01, 2009, 05:49:50 PM »
Much discussion this week has centred on the future of the Coburg club.

It was confirmed this week that the Burgers will start playing matches at Craigieburn in 2010, splitting home fixtures between the new Richmond summer training venue and Coburg’s home since joining the VFA/VFL in 1925.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-118-0-0-0&sID=60264&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=9627389&sectionID=60264

Ramps

« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2009, 07:04:31 PM »
We should ditch Coburg and start a new club in the VFL- call it something like the Craigieburn Tigers and have it 100% Richmond.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2009, 10:46:01 PM »
We should ditch Coburg and start a new club in the VFL- call it something like the Craigieburn Tigers and have it 100% Richmond.

Given it apparently costs 280k-300k extra on top of alignment I don't think it's a bad investment when you can take into account the intangible gain of all players being played in the seniors where we want them and without other input and we get advertising and sponsorship revenue that may bridge the gap further.

I think it would be the correct call.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Tigermonk

« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2009, 11:54:57 PM »

Given it apparently costs 280k-300k extra on top of alignment I don't think it's a bad investment when you can take into account the intangible gain of all players being played in the seniors where we want them and without other input and we get advertising and sponsorship revenue that may bridge the gap further.

I think it would be the correct call.

Agree they should dump Coburg.
Richmond are never going to rise with this VFL club destroying the development of our players

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Craigieburn RFC facility update with pics
« Reply #149 on: October 06, 2009, 02:44:08 PM »
How much would travelling to training in the outer suburbs seriously enter a player's mind as far changing clubs?

Brock McLean has used it as an excuse to leave the Dees for Carlton:

I will say that driving distance from my home in Maribyrnong to Casey was a consideration. It took me an hour to get there and on a bad day two hours along the Monash to get back.

"It isn't ideal being in a car for an hour before you are going to run around for a couple of hours. Your back seizes up, your hammies get tight.

"I now live 10 minutes from Carlton. The 2-3 hours extra I was spending in a car can now be re-invested into recovery sessions, extra weights, fitness.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/between-a-brock-mclean-and-a-hard-place/story-e6frf9if-1225783103525