Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 238615 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #1320 on: May 04, 2014, 08:49:00 PM »
Realised how much he'd been missed about 3 minutes into the first qtr

Great game
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Rampstar

« Reply #1321 on: May 04, 2014, 08:53:28 PM »
Clawsy would have to admit that Rance has become quite the key position defender. Hes still a very young player but he is become an excellent key position defender.

tony_montana

« Reply #1322 on: May 04, 2014, 08:54:29 PM »
No he wont. He'll say that's the bare minimum and how easily pleased we are by average performances

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1323 on: May 04, 2014, 09:04:17 PM »
That was stuffing disgusting. Perfect spoil.

Outstanding spoil. What else is he meant to do? Surely that umpire must realise that in order to spoil contact with an opponent will occasionally be made. Amazing spoil actually. :clapping

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1324 on: May 04, 2014, 09:06:30 PM »
Was fantastic today. Glad to have him back. That Dogs game is going to haunt us for the rest of 2014.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1325 on: May 04, 2014, 09:07:25 PM »
:lol
Has some interesting things to say, old Clawski, but humility isnt his strong suit. 

the claw

« Reply #1326 on: May 04, 2014, 09:19:18 PM »
No he wont. He'll say that's the bare minimum and how easily pleased we are by average performances
i actually thought he had a great game. if you were to ask me if i think he struggles in some areas i will say yes. he played a third tall role  today rebounding and intercepting the ball in the air, giving teammates a chop out as third man up. these are the roles ive advocated for him.
im yet to see anything that says he can consistently play one v one on the big blokes.

astbury did a great job on the big bastard hawkins with a little help from others.

as i said he had a very good game and we have missed areas of his game probably more than i realised.i still think we need urgently both for the long term and short term another player capable of playing on the power fwds and shutting them out of the game.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1327 on: May 04, 2014, 10:13:27 PM »
That was stuffing disgusting. Perfect spoil.

Outstanding spoil. What else is he meant to do? Surely that umpire must realise that in order to spoil contact with an opponent will occasionally be made. Amazing spoil actually. :clapping
Penalised for a display of courage.

tony_montana

« Reply #1328 on: May 04, 2014, 10:24:45 PM »
i actually thought he had a great game. if you were to ask me if i think he struggles in some areas i will say yes. he played a third tall role  today rebounding and intercepting the ball in the air, giving teammates a chop out as third man up. these are the roles ive advocated for him.
im yet to see anything that says he can consistently play one v one on the big blokes.

astbury did a great job on the big bastard hawkins with a little help from others.

as i said he had a very good game and we have missed areas of his game probably more than i realised.i still think we need urgently both for the long term and short term another player capable of playing on the power fwds and shutting them out of the game.

:thumbsup all good mate, was a little tongue in cheek

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1329 on: May 04, 2014, 10:26:30 PM »
Todays game really highlighted how important he is to our backline. I would go so far as to to say he is one of the better defenders in the league and todays game will illuminate that fact to many learned spectators that may have under-rated him in the past. Our defence looks infinitely better with his inclusion. I think our best defense is 1. Rance, 2. Morris, 3. Astbury, 4. Chaplin and 5. Houli. They all have various roles and responsibilities but Rance adds far more to the table than just his defense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1330 on: May 04, 2014, 10:36:47 PM »
Todays game really highlighted how important he is to our backline. I would go so far as to to say he is one of the better defenders in the league and todays game will illuminate that fact to many learned spectators that may have under-rated him in the past. Our defence looks infinitely better with his inclusion. I think our best defense is 1. Rance, 2. Morris, 3. Astbury, 4. Chaplin and 5. Houli. They all have various roles and responsibilities but Rance adds far more to the table than just his defense.
I would agree with that order Stripes except I would put Houli in front of Chaplin. He can't defend but at least he starts attacks. Chaplin can't kick the ball with any certainty.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1331 on: May 05, 2014, 08:39:27 AM »
I would agree with that order Stripes except I would put Houli in front of Chaplin. He can't defend but at least he starts attacks. Chaplin can't kick the ball with any certainty.

I only go to number three in that list

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1332 on: May 05, 2014, 09:40:50 AM »

Four and five are hurting he overall sde

Houli can be carried due to skill but chappy is hurting alexrance and co.

Criminal to not play a mcbean Griff darrou crimes type instead

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1333 on: May 05, 2014, 09:46:22 AM »
Far more suited to the role he's now playing with Astbury taking the larger marking forwards.

Great comeback from injury too.

Well done to him.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1334 on: May 05, 2014, 10:23:37 AM »
Rance + Deledio : (strangely) underrated my some.

Yet, Rance + Deledio = drive off half back

Therefore, Drive off half back: obviously ( & strangely) underrated by some.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI