Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 238604 times)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #1410 on: June 28, 2014, 06:48:07 PM »
Today he was.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1411 on: June 28, 2014, 07:00:36 PM »
Has improved out of sight

Dominated NR today although the delivery was poor into NR
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1412 on: June 28, 2014, 07:02:52 PM »
Has improved out of sight

Dominated NR today although the delivery was poor into NR

Has he? Didn't he play like this in u18s for wa?

Gigantor

« Reply #1413 on: June 28, 2014, 07:03:24 PM »
The blokes I sit with in discussing Rancy have rated him as a B+,just short of A grade.We reckon his occasional brain fades and sometime sloppy delivery are the only things holding him back from being elite

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1414 on: June 28, 2014, 07:06:13 PM »
Who do they rate as a

Gigantor

« Reply #1415 on: June 28, 2014, 07:06:44 PM »
Lids,cotch,martin and jack

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1416 on: June 28, 2014, 07:10:42 PM »
No, key defenders in the afl

Gigantor

« Reply #1417 on: June 28, 2014, 07:11:44 PM »
Didn't discuss it judge....we have blinkers on in that we are very punt road oriented

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #1418 on: June 28, 2014, 07:12:26 PM »
Bit unfair G , TBh I don't reckon rance would hVe any more brain fades than Martin has had  he crushes key forwards like he s shelling peas, winning contested ball like he s doing the two steep ..he is a defender at end of day  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Gigantor

« Reply #1419 on: June 28, 2014, 07:13:32 PM »
agree Bo...I tend to think dusty has them also

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1420 on: June 28, 2014, 07:20:26 PM »
Rance is A grade now... No doubt.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1421 on: June 28, 2014, 08:13:43 PM »
He's definitely improved since the stalker was put away, not just a coincidence.

Where do ppl rate him as a KPD compared to other KPD's in the game?

Off the top of my head:
Taylor
Lonergan
Carlisle
Richards
Merrett
Jamieson
Henderson
McPharlin
Mckenzie
Trengove
Talia
Thompson
Garland
Frawley
Reid
N.Brown
That's a pretty good list of key backs and I recon he sits about in the middle just on name alone.  Some he doesn't defend as well as (Frawley for example) but his rebound is probably more in the top 3 or 4 of that group. And if you have others who get across and are third man up (Chaplin) Than he becomes one of the best out of that very good group of defenders. He is very athletic and players both tall and small and is not scared to leave his man to help out his team mates and that in it's self is a pretty big bonus that puts him ahead of most others on that list. No secret that he is one of my favorites but I cannot fathem how other on here cannot see his value.... STAR!

pretty well summed up bt  :thumbsup If he can keep improving his body on body work deep, he will become a gun... and the more our side improves the better he'll look with Chappy and Grimes giving the chop out. Thing I liked about last week was how Chappy and rance rotated on sooki roo, keeps them from redlining.
A year on.... How do we rate him now against these backman?
For me he is in the top 3, with all things considered. One on ones, general defending, marking, spoiling, rebounding, disposal, courage, work rate, smarts.
IMO easily the best KPD for his age.
Thoughts??

tony_montana

« Reply #1422 on: June 28, 2014, 08:40:32 PM »
He's definitely improved since the stalker was put away, not just a coincidence.

Where do ppl rate him as a KPD compared to other KPD's in the game?

Off the top of my head:
Taylor
Lonergan
Carlisle
Richards
Merrett
Jamieson
Henderson
McPharlin
Mckenzie
Trengove
Talia
Thompson
Garland
Frawley
Reid
N.Brown
That's a pretty good list of key backs and I recon he sits about in the middle just on name alone.  Some he doesn't defend as well as (Frawley for example) but his rebound is probably more in the top 3 or 4 of that group. And if you have others who get across and are third man up (Chaplin) Than he becomes one of the best out of that very good group of defenders. He is very athletic and players both tall and small and is not scared to leave his man to help out his team mates and that in it's self is a pretty big bonus that puts him ahead of most others on that list. No secret that he is one of my favorites but I cannot fathem how other on here cannot see his value.... STAR!

pretty well summed up bt  :thumbsup If he can keep improving his body on body work deep, he will become a gun... and the more our side improves the better he'll look with Chappy and Grimes giving the chop out. Thing I liked about last week was how Chappy and rance rotated on sooki roo, keeps them from redlining.
A year on.... How do we rate him now against these backman?
For me he is in the top 3, with all things considered. One on ones, general defending, marking, spoiling, rebounding, disposal, courage, work rate, smarts.
IMO easily the best KPD for his age.
Thoughts??

Comfortably. His courage, athleticism, agility, speed and rebound is elite - love that he continues to improve: his one on one work, spoiling and general defending has improved out of sight. Noticed he keeps his feet a lot more which shows his core strength is getting better and better. If he keeps this up should be AA this season and well deserved. Just as an add on, looking at that list last year - isn't it amazing at how many of them have gone the other way and dropped right off

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #1423 on: June 28, 2014, 08:44:51 PM »
Well said TM , an elite defender no doubt
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline flea03

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1424 on: June 28, 2014, 11:12:00 PM »