Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 239760 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #165 on: September 04, 2009, 01:49:28 PM »
i wouldn't be calling Tambling off limits because of 5 good games he played mid year.

its all about consistency and he is yet to prove that.

just on not writing kids off at 21. I remember people on here saying that about Schulz.

i dont care if there 21 or 41 if they are not up to it they are gone.

Rance should stay and will stay. 1 more year and if his kicking doesnt improve ill look at getting rid of him. Plenty of more to go before him

Even though this is a "Rance thread" I cant let your Tambling comment go through to the keeper.
Only 5 good games ? From rd 6 to rd 17 Tambo played the type of football you would expect from a pick 4.

okay sorry i stand corrected. 5 or 11 is irrelvant

its about consistency mate and whilst he is on the right track, he has plenty of work to do before i start labelling him the next Andy McLeod
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #166 on: September 04, 2009, 01:51:41 PM »

i follow dont worry about that.

Sorry I was talking to Tigermonk ...

Any way the Krakouer thing yes he turned out to be a rubbish footballer, but I think if you listened to fans in the first few years of his career Tiger fans were raving about him. It is hard to believe now, but we could easily have got a second round pick for him.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #167 on: September 04, 2009, 04:01:21 PM »
I just think that at this stage we have to have a little faith that the new coaching regime can delevop players like Rance into quality AFL players.
Unleash the tornado

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #168 on: September 04, 2009, 04:08:16 PM »
Pick 9 would not be enough to get a deal done IMHO. Rance is worth more, Rance for 9 + Campbell then yeah why not ... but not 9 on its own.
I can't see the Hawks giving up Campbell especially with Bailey going down again. The only ruckman they would offload is Simon Taylor because he's just VFL standard. As for Rance's value it's what others are willing to pay for him. As WP said first round picks especially top 10ers will be like hens' teeth this year with the compromised draft and you'll have to look at it if the Hawks put pick 9 on the table.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #169 on: September 04, 2009, 04:19:42 PM »
Funny, not many players are at their best second year in. Its insane to develop young players and discard them after one year in the system for less than their worth. Kids have good and bad weeks and Rance has the right atttitude. I wouldn't swap him unless we got two first round picks!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #170 on: September 04, 2009, 07:49:55 PM »
Keep hearing good stuff about Hardwick now that I am prepared to listen. May just pull of few of these types up to where their potential lies. :pray

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: September 04, 2009, 08:13:25 PM »
Rance is an average footballer with terrible kicking skills and gets caught with the ball to often to be not called slow minded. If any club was bumb enough to offer an early pick we would be MAD not to take it. We picked him up at pick 18 and in the two years he has been at the club he has shown not much really. In fact he was dropped from our very, very average side toward the end of the year. And he played better under TW coaching than Jade's.
He is a half back flanker/back pocket at best and we seem to have a few at the moment that are similar in Moore, Thursfield, McGuane and even Post but if we were to get pick 9 you would not pick up a HBF, you would pick up an elite kid midfielder that would hopefully take us to the finals.
As for Bling, same goes, he may turn out to be ok at best but still not an elite footballer that early picks (pick 4) are designed for. Again nobody picks up a half back flanker with pick 4 and imo he will never be a star mid. Don't get me wrong, i like both guys but the reality is we could do better with the early picks and a little luck.
And our luck has to turn at some stage!

Jackstar is back

« Reply #172 on: September 04, 2009, 08:52:34 PM »
Rance is an average footballer with terrible kicking skills and gets caught with the ball to often to be not called slow minded. If any club was bumb enough to offer an early pick we would be MAD not to take it. We picked him up at pick 18 and in the two years he has been at the club he has shown not much really. In fact he was dropped from our very, very average side toward the end of the year. And he played better under TW coaching than Jade's.
He is a half back flanker/back pocket at best and we seem to have a few at the moment that are similar in Moore, Thursfield, McGuane and even Post but if we were to get pick 9 you would not pick up a HBF, you would pick up an elite kid midfielder that would hopefully take us to the finals.
As for Bling, same goes, he may turn out to be ok at best but still not an elite footballer that early picks (pick 4) are designed for. Again nobody picks up a half back flanker with pick 4 and imo he will never be a star mid. Don't get me wrong, i like both guys but the reality is we could do better with the early picks and a little luck.
And our luck has to turn at some stage!

At least there is someone on this forum that doesnt beleive in the tooth fairy.
Big tone. Great post, at least you know your football and understand what is needed to get the RFC up the ladder,
Not like some of the nuffers on here

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #173 on: September 05, 2009, 03:30:12 AM »
Rance was good before his head injury.

I am think it is too early call him a 'average footballer'.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #174 on: September 05, 2009, 06:04:20 AM »
This isn't on the net so I typed it out.

Tigers tie up Rance
Herald-Sun Footy Shorts
By Jay Clark, Michelangelo Rucci
Sat 05 SEP 2009, Page 48

ALEX Rance is poised to sign a new two-year deal with Richmond.

The young defender met new Tigers coach Damien Hardwick this week and emerged feeling optimistic about the prospects of playing a more attacking role next season.

It is believed the 19-year-old never seriously considered a trade back home to a West Australian club.

Rance has played 15 AFL games since he was taken at pick 18 in 2007.

Offline tigers_of_old_1980

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #175 on: September 05, 2009, 09:09:18 AM »
Thanks for typing that out..

great news!!
10 PREMIERSHIPS

TigerTimeII

« Reply #176 on: September 05, 2009, 10:06:41 AM »
but rance cant kick

why do we keep players that cant kick

Gigantor

« Reply #177 on: September 05, 2009, 10:12:23 AM »
As Jack dyer would say"he's where the ball is not where it aint"

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #178 on: September 05, 2009, 10:49:35 AM »
19 is his age, give him until he is 21, Hey Anthony and Broughton are older then 21.

How come other supporters don't slag off on most of their players when the side is down, thats right we are passionate  :ROTFL

bushranger

« Reply #179 on: September 05, 2009, 10:54:24 AM »
I am pleased that he has resigned with us.
And he has a lot of development to go before casting him off in my opinion.
So now he has the chance to futher all that here with us.
And I would say he at the end will be a shinning light for us.
And we will wonder why we wanted to let him go.