Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 232867 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Why Richmond's Alex Rance may walk away ..... (Age)
« Reply #1680 on: April 29, 2015, 01:28:06 PM »
Hardly the thread for discussing the semantics of imaginary friends and blind, irrational belief.
I agree that this isn't the place to discuss peoples views on other peoples personal beliefs whatever they maybe, because it is not the other persons business to put their own perspective (which they can never prove is right anyway) as the only correct one.  That would be irrational and irresponsible whether you have a faith or not. :whistle

So tell me Doc ... you have a 3yo toddler in a hospital with parents are jv's and the toddler needs a blood transfusion to survive. They tell you its against their religion .... you're a doctor ... What do you do? Your job is to save lives, you have given an oath as a doctor to do that. how do you respond?
There are legal ways that enable docs to get around this problem Ramps.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1681 on: April 29, 2015, 01:39:34 PM »
Hardly the thread for discussing the semantics of imaginary friends and blind, irrational belief.
I agree that this isn't the place to discuss peoples views on other peoples personal beliefs whatever they maybe, because it is not the other persons business to put their own perspective (which they can never prove is right anyway) as the only correct one.  That would be irrational and irresponsible whether you have a faith or not. :whistle

Not really, was just pointing out the cult of Christianity, and this is definitely not the place the elaborate why it is nothing more and why steadfast faith in something so completely intangible in this day and age is irrational :whistle
Since you and I cannot prove conclusively that it is irrational, you are wrong in assuming it is. That is my point. In the end it is just your opinion that says it is and refusing to concede this is where you and I differ. I may also think it is irrational from where I sit but I cannot possibly say that it is irrational for someone else to think that way. For all I know, I maybe wrong.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

dwaino

« Reply #1682 on: April 29, 2015, 01:42:08 PM »
You've actually completely missed the point doc, so I'll leave it at that  ;D

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1683 on: April 29, 2015, 01:49:04 PM »
It's a cult.

The cults came marching 2 by 2 , hurrah, hurrah.......
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

No More

« Reply #1684 on: April 29, 2015, 02:17:19 PM »

So tell me Doc ... you have a 3yo toddler in a hospital with parents are jv's and the toddler needs a blood transfusion to survive. They tell you its against their religion .... you're a doctor ... What do you do? Your job is to save lives, you have given an oath as a doctor to do that. how do you respond?
There are legal ways that enable docs to get around this problem Ramps.

well that's the end of that debate  :snidegrin

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1685 on: April 29, 2015, 02:51:17 PM »
Another puppy controlled by his wife

wife / Geez

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1686 on: April 29, 2015, 02:52:06 PM »
I cant take seriously any religion which bans blood transfusions. As for Rance he can get stuffed if he wants to leave footy for his religion.

cant take Catholics seriously either

transubstantiation lol wtf   

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1687 on: April 29, 2015, 03:08:51 PM »
I'd like to see a practicing Satanist in the AFL....not the gay arse Aleister Crowley hedonist type but a fair dinkum devil worshipper with  an inverted cross or a pentagram tatooed on his forehead who points to the ground instead of the sky after every goal and thanks Lucifer in post match interviews. Would have to play for Melbourne of course....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1688 on: April 29, 2015, 03:26:07 PM »
F
H
O
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1689 on: April 29, 2015, 03:28:11 PM »
he might love Geez

but rance attacks the ball 100% and could have died a few times but his approach to the contest. no matter the score or the time in the game.

i dont get how some of his team mates can watch this each week, and continue to be so poo

if we lose him to the pristhood, or lose him to freo - i reckon we in big trouble with no rance

chaplin lol

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1690 on: April 29, 2015, 03:34:41 PM »
Ha! I knew you couldn't keep up the good grammar, punctuation, formatting and spelling forever Judge - though I am surprised you've managed to stay away from the politics & soccer threads for this long.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1691 on: April 29, 2015, 04:11:06 PM »
welcome back judgeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1692 on: April 29, 2015, 05:43:37 PM »
Ah its good to see Bents back

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1693 on: April 29, 2015, 06:38:42 PM »
Wow , I thought I'd taken a wrong turn and hooked up to a Deep South web site for a minute.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #1694 on: April 30, 2015, 12:26:02 AM »

Not really, was just pointing out the cult of Christianity, and this is definitely not the place the elaborate why it is nothing more and why steadfast faith in something so completely intangible in this day and age is irrational :whistle
Fair enough to have your view.
I just want to make it clear that JW's are not Christian.
But they are definitely a cult though.
The club that keeps giving.